Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2108 Likes Search this Thread
06-14-2017, 10:01 PM - 1 Like   #1696
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
Nice, Paul, and nothing wrong with the old Powershots. I've been considering getting my old Oly C760Uz out just for a giggle, except I detest those XD cards.
Yeah Sue, they seem to hold up very well. Here's Tino taken with a 5 mp Canon SD450 from 2005.
Mr Bassie - what a magical looking place!

06-16-2017, 11:50 AM   #1697
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
These are some of the last photos taken with my non-working Fuji X10.
I hate to hear that Paul....and those are two of your best X10 lake shots! Any chance of repairing it?

Regards!
06-17-2017, 12:00 PM - 1 Like   #1698
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I hate to hear that Paul....and those are two of your best X10 lake shots! Any chance of repairing it?

Regards!
Maybe, but it'll have to wait.
Big lily with the vintage Canon SD450. The colors are great on these old Powershots, but they can't match the sharpness of the X10, esp on landscapes. The macro mode works pretty well, though.

Kids were messing with the signs near the lake. Not seen in the photo are beer cans/bottles and other trash. Park police have been patrolling these areas with ATVs lately.

Last edited by paulh; 06-17-2017 at 12:21 PM.
06-20-2017, 07:01 AM - 3 Likes   #1699
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

The colors are great on these old Powershots,
Indeed! I should probably put some batteries in one of the old Powershots - even if they have Canon stamped on them, poor things...

Here's a few shots from my phone again. They are from top of a ski jumping hill. I counted 434 steps from the bottom to the very top. Nice view, but not really compatible with my "height intolerance" - especially when the whole thing started moving in the gusts of wind

I chose to climb down via the "inside" staircase hanging under the ski track as it was a bit less airy than the one on top.

06-20-2017, 08:00 AM - 1 Like   #1700
Veteran Member

Went to see a museum exhibit at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts on fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent. I enjoyed it much more than I thought and took some iPhone snaps while there:

06-21-2017, 12:52 PM - 1 Like   #1701
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Here's one from the Panny TZ60, taken a couple of days ago. I've also put the batteries from the Olympus C760uz on charge
Attached Images

06-23-2017, 09:29 PM - 3 Likes   #1702
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's the Powershot SD450 again:

06-25-2017, 07:26 PM - 1 Like   #1703
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some nice photography, folks. Geez, this is cheating, but took the GR for a walk today (well and truly pocketable). Very enjoyable:

A walk by the park
by Aaron, on Flickr
06-26-2017, 07:33 AM - 2 Likes   #1704
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
Some nice photography, folks. Geez, this is cheating, but took the GR for a walk today (well and truly pocketable). Very enjoyable:

A walk by the park
by Aaron, on Flickr
Very nice Clarkey.

Backyard blooms with the old Canon SD450:
06-26-2017, 09:07 AM   #1705
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
I object! The GR might be small and light, but a toy camera she isn't. It's a seriuosly good camera. Any other camera I've had I can replace with something else. I know of nothing that can replace a GR.

Apart from that it looks like the two of you had a nice walk in the park
06-26-2017, 10:02 AM   #1706
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I object! The GR might be small and light, but a toy camera she isn't. It's a seriuosly good camera. Any other camera I've had I can replace with something else. I know of nothing that can replace a GR.

Though I agree the GR is definitely not a toy camera, according to Rupert the GR qualifies. The thread is open to cameras without an interchangeable lens.

If it were up to me this thread would be filled with Holga, Diana, etc shots i.e. real toy cameras. But this is not my thread.

HOLGAS:

The first one is my Pentax buddy wielding dual K5s. One is my old camera. He used to be a pro newspaper photographer but got laid off a few years back.

06-26-2017, 04:37 PM   #1707
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice Clarkey.

Backyard blooms with the old Canon SD450:
Lovely colours! Those CCD cameras are all right.

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote

Well I did say it was cheating......And I agree - I continue to get some of my best shots with the GR.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote
Though I agree the GR is definitely not a toy camera, according to Rupert the GR qualifies. The thread is open to cameras without an interchangeable lens.

If it were up to me this thread would be filled with Holga, Diana, etc shots i.e. real toy cameras. But this is not my thread.

HOLGAS:

The first one is my Pentax buddy wielding dual K5s. One is my old camera. He used to be a pro newspaper photographer but got laid off a few years back.
Looks like an interesting location! Yeah, I'll get out again with the A720 powershot soon.
07-02-2017, 04:45 PM   #1708
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote
Actually, those shots are the ones I enjoy most when you post them. This is your thread! Post away!

The point of this thread in the beginning was that anything that is not FF is just a Toy Camera.....according to the few that insist that to be the fact of it. In reality, we know that is not even close to the truth! Many shots in this thread are living proof that Toy Cameras can and do provide excellence in viewing pleasure!

Regards!
07-03-2017, 08:02 AM   #1709
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lots of things going on here Canon SD1100 IS:

Taken the same day:
07-05-2017, 03:19 AM   #1710
Veteran Member

Sadly, unable to revive my old Oly. The batteries are dead, or its just karked it. No idea but I'm not going to find out.