Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2108 Likes Search this Thread
05-20-2018, 06:54 PM - 1 Like   #1906
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

We had some flooding near my house. This is a pic of my friend's daughter romping on the flooded road.

Taken with iPhone X

05-21-2018, 09:56 AM - 1 Like   #1907
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote
We had some flooding near my house.

Wonderful capture!

Spotted Beebalm seen on a trail the other night around sunset. A very complicated weed/wildflower! Canon SD450:
05-22-2018, 02:21 PM   #1908
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote

We had some flooding near my house. This is a pic of my friend's daughter romping on the flooded road.

Taken with iPhone X
Nice shot. iPhoneX shots are really impressive, I think. I want one. Oh well...

---------- Post added 05-22-18 at 09:22 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Wonderful capture!

Spotted Beebalm seen on a trail the other night around sunset. A very complicated weed/wildflower! Canon SD450:
Lovely! Pretty good bokeh, too!
05-23-2018, 08:09 AM   #1909
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
Lovely! Pretty good bokeh, too!

Thanks Sue Since it was getting dark, I figured the "macro mode" on the old Canon would effectively open up the lens a bit. The "bokeh" did turn out better than expected, too!

Another from the same camera:

05-25-2018, 11:06 PM   #1910
Pentaxian

Pawn shop find 2013 Sony HX50v took it out today to the wild and yesterday to a concert(from back of stadium)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSC-HX50V  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DSC-HX50V  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DSC-HX50V  Photo 
06-01-2018, 11:09 PM   #1911
veraser

Veraser's Confessions...

Hi,
That thread is just right for me I see. I like to shoot with Panasonic Lumix DMC-LS80, the only camera I use now. The oldies, vintage or whatever you name the cameras has about 8 Mpx sensors and as they do whatever they can if subject is well lighted, it doesn't change the fact they produce high grain in shadow areas. That's I use GIMP, now GIMP 2.10.

Not to clutter the service or the thread I'll be presenting one direct image together with hyperlink address to Veraser's Confessions Album set up on Yandex Disk.

BTW I'm testing the two services now, so the image might not appear. I'll find the way out.

Cheers

Veraser's Confessions Album - Yandex.Disk

My family "toy" camera - https://www.dpreview.com/articles/8401177820/panals80 - and its "portrait"

---------- Post added Jun 2nd, 2018 at 08:25 ----------

I must add that I'll try to keep the "three images" order - 1) original snap, 2) GIMP-ed one full size and 3) 1k = 1024x768 size for PentaxForums. I could provide the GIMP images with information what "I did" but I need feedback if it'd be necessary. That's why I subscribed Pentax Linux group too.

Second remark concerns the camera. It is beautiful in reality, not such dull as on that image above. It's heavy", sturdy and true one of the "tanks" (panzer) within "toys" (nearly as hard-wearing as Pentax K-3).

Cheers

2018-06-02
Addendum

There's no way to see direct image from Yandex Disks, I had to import shot from my home disk. But you may watch Veraser's Confession album from Yandex Disk without problems.

Last edited by veraser; 06-02-2018 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Image was not visible
06-02-2018, 09:00 AM - 3 Likes   #1912
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by veraser Quote
Veraser's Confessions..
Very nice
I've owned a few Lumix's over the years and they are good cameras. My first was a 3.2 mpx DMC-33 something, and later the DMC-TZ1 superzoom, which had a (mostly) metal body.

Trumpet vines with the old Canon SD450 in macro mode:

06-02-2018, 03:37 PM   #1913
veraser

Thank you for nice words. I found on this forum information about NeatImage application which removes high ISO noise and sharpens images at the same time. I tried it. The result was added to my album on Yandex Disk. I used default settings for processing. The new shot has "filtered" added to original filename. When I look for the three images - original (1), my GIMP work (2) and NeatImage file (3), it appeared the 3 is the best when seeing images downsized to monitor or browsers' windows sizes. 2 has overly contrast level and enhanced saturation. 3rd image preserved original colors and added clearly visible sharpness. So I downed to the pixel level and to my surprise I found that my 2 version was the best. The most visible effect may be found within the flower. You'll find three new crops in Yandex albums too.

BTW. The Yandex albums' orders are different to the orders I see in Yandex folders, so pay attention to the filenames.

And to sweeten up your time spend on reading the jive, new image.

Last edited by veraser; 06-03-2018 at 12:07 AM. Reason: grammar
06-03-2018, 04:28 PM   #1914
veraser

Always busy!

Very friendly "townspeople", Although it'd be better to say "they didn't give a damn" to the passing citizens. Even those breaking their "safety zones" with toy cameras.

Cheers

06-09-2018, 09:02 AM - 1 Like   #1915
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From the Grand Canyon in 2010. Panasonic DMC-TZ1:

06-10-2018, 12:42 PM - 1 Like   #1916
Veteran Member

Ricoh GRD III. Morning shot across the wetlands, I was too lazy to even get out of my car!

Last edited by kyteflyer; 03-17-2019 at 02:11 PM.
06-13-2018, 02:30 PM   #1917
veraser

I've Seen a Lot of Water Drops

I have seen on this forums a lot of images with drops of water. Many types of such images. Part of them so perfect, so cut off from background they were merely hanging in a void. Like other images
with other subjects. I asked about the issue Pentaxians on the Pine Bough thread few minutes ago.

Let me support my question with this image.

Best regards
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-LS80  Photo 
06-14-2018, 07:34 PM   #1918
Veteran Member

Out with the new truck and my new iPhone 8. I’m loving being able to explore some of the trails now that I have a vehicle with clearance!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 8  Photo 
06-16-2018, 07:14 AM   #1919
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shooting everyone.
It's hard to catch one of these sitting still for a second - Canon SD1100 snap (heavily cropped)

06-16-2018, 08:20 AM   #1920
veraser

Experiments

Old toy cameras are excellent for experiments. For example with old magnifying glass or lenses. I used magnifying glass many times with good results. I turned to ImageMagick lately. Old fascination when IM could be applied to Bash scripts in Debian. All today's shots were processed by few scripts and IM's convert command.

But Pentax User Photo Gallery lacks Experiments chapter.

Why? See yourself.

Best regards
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-LS80  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DMC-LS80  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DMC-LS80  Photo