Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2108 Likes Search this Thread
06-29-2018, 11:52 AM   #1936
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Paul, my x10 fell and got sand in the zoom ring, even though the lens cap was on. I should send it in for repair, but not sure if it’s worth it. Maybe I will some day. At the moment, I’m pretty happy with it’s replacement.

06-29-2018, 12:26 PM   #1937
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
Paul, my x10 fell and got sand in the zoom ring, even though the lens cap was on. I should send it in for repair, but not sure if it’s worth it. Maybe I will some day. At the moment, I’m pretty happy with it’s replacement.
Hi Tina - yes, your new toy looks very impressive indeed - congrats! My x10 developed a problem where it would not retain the SD card. Something damaged or broken in the slot I've given up trying to repair it myself, and it's probably not cost-effective to send in. I'll keep it around since it's kind of a connection to Rupert for me. Meanwhile the old Powershots are a lot of fun.
06-29-2018, 12:32 PM   #1938
Veteran Member

Same here..
Those Powershots aren’t too shabby. You seem to be doing pretty well with them and having fun.
06-29-2018, 01:21 PM   #1939
veraser

Without GIMP

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Nice looking images, veraser.
Thank you. I think it's high time to upload something not being touched by GIMP too. We'll see how the toys and shooters(!) might compete with each other w/o painting "electronic reality".

BTW. My Panasonic stymies "prof" works in full sunlights. I see nearly nothing on its LCD viewer and the image it presents there says nothing what it will be developed by Panasonic after I click the main button. I'm furious sometimes - wrong focus, wrong exposition, wrong composition, wrong light etc. Most settings according to the displayed data are wrong. It's work by guess with many shots. Nevertheless some pictures can be published right out from camera. We'll see.

Best regards

Both shots are 900 px H max, one is corrected, the other has diminished quality to 85% only. But the size erases most of the differences between the original shot and corrected one.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-LS80  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DMC-LS80  Photo 
06-30-2018, 03:01 PM   #1940
veraser

Thank you

Thank you all for watching my pictures and clicking Likes!

My best regards! And my modest gift.

06-30-2018, 03:12 PM   #1941
veraser

I'm having a fun too!

I suppose some pray for the K-1, others beg all earthly Forces, others enjoy themselves like kids. In other words fun for everybody.

I looked for other path to find sound path to find a little pleasures.

I made few shots through shop's window pane and turned it into very short story comprising with two images. It's up to you to point to the difference.

Have a fun too!

Longing frozen in Time

A Glimpse of Hope
06-30-2018, 03:37 PM - 1 Like   #1942
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by veraser Quote
I suppose some pray for the K-1, others beg all earthly Forces, others enjoy themselves like kids. In other words fun for everybody.

I looked for other path to find sound path to find a little pleasures.

I made few shots through shop's window pane and turned it into very short story comprising with two images. It's up to you to point to the difference.

Have a fun too!

Longing frozen in Time

A Glimpse of Hope
In the first, you can see the reflection in the window glass. Obviously, taken from the outside. The second is more clean, looks like it was taken without glass in the way.
The story?
~
She watches another passerby glance her way, resigned to be just another pretty thing soon forgotten.

But wait. He’s turned back and is approaching. Perhaps he’s taken notice. Dare she hope for a reprieve from her loneliness?

---------- Post added 06-30-18 at 05:38 PM ----------

My interpretation. Having some fun with it. Lol

06-30-2018, 04:46 PM   #1943
veraser

What a surprise!

QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
In the first, you can see the reflection in the window glass. Obviously, taken from the outside. The second is more clean, looks like it was taken without glass in the way.
The story?
~
She watches another passerby glance her way, resigned to be just another pretty thing soon forgotten.

But wait. He’s turned back and is approaching. Perhaps he’s taken notice. Dare she hope for a reprieve from her loneliness?

---------- Post added 06-30-18 at 05:38 PM ----------

My interpretation. Having some fun with it. Lol
I'm really thankful for Your marvelous vision. If it was a real thing to happen at least...

BTW Both pictures lead to their gallery pages. You'll find there hyperlink to set of original shots and others. Click here:
A Study on Abstract Shots album from Yandex Disk

The one thing I changed was a... mood. Giving the Dame a subtle smile. You might say I gave Her a Hope. That's all I could do. But it was me, the guy who turned back. You showed you are able to read intentions. Premonitions? ? Seventh sense?

Thank you, You brought me a hope on these Pentax forums.

My best regards,
Przemysław (pron. Pshemislav)

You'll like it, I hope...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-LS80  Photo 
06-30-2018, 04:52 PM   #1944
Veteran Member

The rose is gorgeous!
Ah, yes. The smile! I wasn’t sure if I imagined it. Lol I will go take a look at the gallery this evening.
07-01-2018, 03:19 PM - 2 Likes   #1945
Pentaxian

I took this picture with my Panasonic Lunix DMC-FS7 point-and-shoot camera in 2011. When this camera was new, the image quality was hard to believe. The Leica DC Vario-Elmarit lens probably had a lot to do with it - smart move, Panasonic, partnering with Leica. The lens, the sensor, the easy to hold form factor, the programming - all worked together to make for an exceptional little camera. After many years of use, the lens is picking up some scratches, pixels are popping, and the zoom works intermittently. But I'll never say I didn't get my money's worth - $115, plus $21 for the SD card, in 2010. I'd buy another tomorrow, if they still made them.

Central cropped portion, 100%, no processing:

07-01-2018, 05:00 PM   #1946
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Neuse River Sailor Quote
I took this picture with my Panasonic Lunix DMC-FS7 point-and-shoot camera in 2011. When this camera was new, the image quality was hard to believe. The Leica DC Vario-Elmarit lens probably had a lot to do with it - smart move, Panasonic, partnering with Leica. The lens, the sensor, the easy to hold form factor, the programming - all worked together to make for an exceptional little camera. After many years of use, the lens is picking up some scratches, pixels are popping, and the zoom works intermittently. But I'll never say I didn't get my money's worth - $115, plus $21 for the SD card, in 2010. I'd buy another tomorrow, if they still made them.

That looks like a sharp little camera! I debates between a Panasonic and canon for my latest purchase. It was a tough decision!
07-02-2018, 08:51 AM - 1 Like   #1947
Veteran Member

The fountain at Olympic Plaza in Tyler, TX.

---------- Post added 07-02-18 at 11:01 AM ----------

the hubby
07-02-2018, 09:50 AM - 2 Likes   #1948
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Took our dog Jeannie for a walk at sunset the other evening. It had cooled down to about 95F or so by then. iPhone 5:

07-03-2018, 12:26 AM   #1949
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Neuse River Sailor Quote

Wow, thats brilliant. Generally I find that Panasonic compacts produce nice photographs. Is it the Leica partnership? Probably, but also maybe the firmware. Whatever the reason, you made a lovely photo.
07-04-2018, 09:53 AM - 5 Likes   #1950
Veteran Member

Two from yesterday’s cruise on the Riverboat Discovery here in Fairbanks Alaska. The fireweed is a reminder that summer is already fading... when the top flowers bloom isn’t far behind! Iphone8 and instagram.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 8  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 8  Photo