Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2014, 10:13 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm starting to get cold feet about this camera. I'm at a point now where my desktop and laptop need upgrades badly, and more than I need another camera. I can make them both work, but it would mean living off of ramen noodles for the next little bit. I was going to pick it up and the 35mm f1.4 tomorrow, but I may need to rethink this. Problem is I already ordered the X-K adapter from amazon.

The camera is really really cool, and I'm still wanting one pretty bad. But really, is there anything it can do that the K3 can't? I don't think so. The "film simulation" modes can just be simulated in post. K3 has iso100 with RAW format capability. Sure the appeal of full manual dials and similar sizing to an LX is a huge appeal for the XT-1. But will it just become a shelf queen?

The one thing I do think would be great is the fast AF coupled with high fps would be great for events.

05-22-2014, 10:39 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
I'm starting to get cold feet about this camera. I'm at a point now where my desktop and laptop need upgrades badly, and more than I need another camera. I can make them both work, but it would mean living off of ramen noodles for the next little bit. I was going to pick it up and the 35mm f1.4 tomorrow, but I may need to rethink this. Problem is I already ordered the X-K adapter from amazon.

The camera is really really cool, and I'm still wanting one pretty bad. But really, is there anything it can do that the K3 can't? I don't think so. The "film simulation" modes can just be simulated in post. K3 has iso100 with RAW format capability. Sure the appeal of full manual dials and similar sizing to an LX is a huge appeal for the XT-1. But will it just become a shelf queen?

The one thing I do think would be great is the fast AF coupled with high fps would be great for events.
I think one of thing that is real cool about XT-1 is its implementation of shooting with legacy MF lenses, which i think is more robust than anything Pentax offers. No green button necessary, just an adapter Manual focus is a snap with different color focus peaking, or digital split screen.
And the lens turbo option is really cool. I have a 135mm f2.5 which turns into a 97mm f1.9. And you can get the inexpensive 28mm f2.8 and turn it into a 20mm f2.

Is that enough to buy an XT-1...probably not by itself. But when you throw in a few juicy fuji primes, it think it is a winner (14mm f2.8, 35mm f1.4 and 56mm f1.2 make it worth the purchase).
06-18-2014, 02:44 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Can anyone tell me two basic sensitivity specifications for the X-T1:

- AF metering range (in EV);
- exposure system metering range (in EV).

The specs for the K-3 are, for example:

- AF metering: -3 to 18 EV
- exposure metering: -3 to 20 EV

Similar specs are easy to find for any other camera - eg the Nikon D610: AF -1 to 19 EV, exposure 0 to 20 EV; Sony A6000: AF 0-20 EV, exposure 0-20 EV. Etc.

But I have found those specs impossible to locate for the X-T1. Fujifilm makes no mention of these specs anywhere, no reviewer anywhere has mentioned the matter either. I find the obscurity of this info puzzling.
06-19-2014, 02:32 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Some users from Fujifilm forums have reported/shown a few issues with the XT1 and there's a rumour that there will be an updated body some say XT!b coming shortly...i'm going to wait for that one's user reports/reviews before i go any further into the Fujifilm realm , in the meantime i've been seriously considering Sony's offerings ..that siad all this could change by tomorrow