Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2014, 03:19 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Nikon D610: How to view 100% image in playback?

I have been handed over a Nikon D610 to evaluate by a friend. I am struggling with basic things. I wish to view my images at 100% in playback (like we do on Pentax DSLRs). At the moment, in playback mode , the D610 just keeps zooming into the image without displaying 'exactly how much have I zoomed in? (x4,x11 etc)' I need to know the 100% zoomed in level so that I can know whether the image is tack sharp or not.
I tried googling it but nothing came up that shows Nikons have this ability. I find it hard to believe that this is a pentax-only feature?

04-15-2014, 03:44 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by danny09 Quote
I have been handed over a Nikon D610 to evaluate by a friend. I am struggling with basic things. I wish to view my images at 100% in playback (like we do on Pentax DSLRs). At the moment, in playback mode , the D610 just keeps zooming into the image without displaying 'exactly how much have I zoomed in? (x4,x11 etc)' I need to know the 100% zoomed in level so that I can know whether the image is tack sharp or not.
I tried googling it but nothing came up that shows Nikons have this ability. I find it hard to believe that this is a pentax-only feature?
AFAIK the camera doesn't give you this information. Pentax just launched the feature in the K-3, so it's not surprising that the D610 doesn't have it.

Anyway, what we do know is that the LCD screen is 640 pixels wide, so when the little yellow square is about 1/9th of the image area (which is 6000px wide), you're at 100%.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I'm not sure what you mean by your 100%...? None of my Pentax shows that... They show the zoom level, up to x32.
04-15-2014, 08:21 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Zoom out all the way and push up/down on the command dial to change the different playback views ( eg histograms, RGB Highlights, etc). How many different playback views you might see are configured in the Playback Tab->Playback Display Options. RTFM.