Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2014, 12:34 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Watch the following youtube 4K video on a large 4K UHD TV and it will knock your socks off.

Burj Khalifa Pinnacle BASE Jump - 4K - YouTube
I've only seen 4K in stores. I'm wowed by it in much the way I was in ~2000 with 1080p.

04-24-2014, 05:22 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
I know you did not watch the 4K version on a large 4K display ....
Me and almost everyone else watching videos on the web no doubt, no? You may have a 4K display but that is a long way off as a standard resolution in everyone's home.
04-24-2014, 08:53 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Innovation and advancements have to start somewhere, so whats the argument over phones and cameras with 4k already? In another 2 years, this argument will seem as silly as Vinyl to CD, VHS to DVD, and HD 1080p did one upon a time. The point is, 4k and affordability are already happening.

Jason
04-25-2014, 06:45 AM   #19
Pentaxian

How many years has Blu-ray been out and has it completely superseded DVD yet? I think it will take even longer for 4K to supersede Blu-ray.

04-25-2014, 02:23 PM   #20
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
How many years has Blu-ray been out and has it completely superseded DVD yet? I think it will take even longer for 4K to supersede Blu-ray.
If you showed someone this 4K smartphone back in 2006 they would have thought it came from another planet since it is so much more advanced over what was out back then. There will always be people that will never ever buy any product like a 4K smartphone because they have no clue what it is and would not know what to do with it but there is at least a million 4K smartphones being sold every week and before long there will be a million sold every day.

Last edited by jogiba; 04-25-2014 at 03:45 PM.
04-25-2014, 05:40 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Blu-ray is a format, not a hardware resolution quality per se. I mean, video cameras and television are not recording or broadcasting in Blu-ray. The reason why Blu-Ray never really went anywhere is because it just isn't really that much different than DVD quality. Yes, it better, but not that much better. 4k is that much better than 1080p and in a few years will probably be either the standard broadcast quality, if not already surpassed by the next thing.

Regardless, the phone has some pretty strong specs...very similar to the Galaxy Note 3, but at half the price.

Jason
04-25-2014, 06:00 PM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
Blu-ray is a format, not a hardware resolution quality per se. I mean, video cameras and television are not recording or broadcasting in Blu-ray.

Jason
Blu-ray defines the video data rate you can use. The video encoding used on a Blu-ray is not suppose to exceed around 54Mbps data rate for your video + sound. That defines quality of the movie/video. Some people have that much internet bandwidth but how many servers will dish you out that speed, I wonder. For 4K to have the quality of a 1080p at 54Mbps, it would need how much data transfer rate? Four times more?

08-31-2014, 10:44 AM   #23
Banned

Original Poster
Smartphone OnePlus One Shoots 4k that smokes the Canon EOS 5D Mark III

QuoteQuote:
And what remains unequivocal is that the rate at which smartphone still and video capabilities (and their price points) are evolving is spectacular and that — in the right person’s hands, under very specific circumstances and with something like Giacomo’s Glidetrack Hybrid HD — smartphones can give “real” cameras a run for their money.
Smartphone OnePlus One Shoots 4k that smokes the Canon EOS 5D Mark III | planet5D DSLR video news and more!

4K UHD 2160p version :