Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2014, 03:52 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ProCam "file" photo will not open on computer - Help ?

Hello to all of you computer wizards who will read this, and maybe offer some help:

My daughter regularly sends photos from her IPad Air to my Gmail but today, I cannot open the files.

.... she has obviously been using a new app called "ProCam 2" and since then, I can only "view" the image in the Gmail message but it saves as a "Procam" file".
So, when I click on that to open it .... nada!
Also, if I save it on the computer (from Gmail), it saves it, as I mentioned earlier, as "Type of File: "file".

Here is a screen capture of the file: it is supposed to be a nice image of her and her newborn child.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

JP

Last edited by jpzk; 08-30-2015 at 07:11 PM.
05-03-2014, 04:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Yes, that's an iOS app. Try using an editor that opens TIFF files.
FASTSTONE Image Viewer could work.
05-03-2014, 05:21 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
Yes, that's an iOS app. Try using an editor that opens TIFF files.
FASTSTONE Image Viewer could work.

OK ... Going to try this right now .
Back in a few with results.
JP

Edit: That worked like a charm .... Thanks a million !
Do you have any idea if there is a way to open/save this file (from Gmail) from my ASUS pad (Android) so that it can be saved as a regular JPEG file ?
Nonetheless, I can always resort to FastStone viewer from my PC, as you suggested (and it worked).

Last edited by jpzk; 05-03-2014 at 05:31 PM.
05-03-2014, 06:28 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
According to the publisher on the iTunes app store, jpeg files can be output too. As your daughter to try to make this happen. Tiff files are pretty big for a tablet.

M

05-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I don't see any info about a ProCam 'file' other than it's a file created by the ProCam app. It should already be saving photos a standard JPEG file as all other camera and apps use.

Is it possible you can send the file to me if it's not too private or sensitive?
sledger [at] gmail
05-03-2014, 06:50 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Do you have any idea if there is a way to open/save this file (from Gmail) from my ASUS pad (Android) so that it can be saved as a regular JPEG file ?
If you both have a Dropbox account, the images could be save to a Dropbox folder that is shared by you. These should be in jpeg format by default. Either ProCam2 has an interface with Dropbox on the back end, or the iPad's Camera Roll can be synched with Dropbox.

M