Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2016, 08:08 PM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
They do have a lot of optical formulas available: Fuji are the one that design and manufacture the Hasselblad H lenses.

Medium Format - Hasselblad
Fuji also makes all of the lenses for Sony's professional HD video broadcast cameras. Unlike Ricoh, Fuji has excellent distribution to brick and mortar pro-shops.

01-29-2016, 08:30 AM   #47
Veteran Member

With regard to Sony and medium format, when i did a google search, i was referenced to rumors on Pentax forums and DPR

I did find an interview from early 2014 with a Sony manager who said they weren't interested, or words to that effect. I think Sony has more than enough to do with the still and video cameras up to FF to keep them occupied.

Sony was the top mirrorless sales leader in 2015 per this article: Japan Has Spoken: Canon Dominates, Sony Dethrones Olympus And Nikon Stutter - DIY Photography

with a 34% to 22% share lead over Olympus. But dang if Olympus hasn't surpassed Sony again. Those sales numbers don't say if they are unit numbers of yen numbers. Sony recently has focused more on premium priced FF cameras and perhaps thats hurt their overall unit sales.
01-29-2016, 10:09 AM   #48

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
The Texas Leica
I always wanted one.
I always wanted a Alaska Leica. Large format
01-29-2016, 11:20 AM   #49
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by richmondthefish Quote
I always wanted a Alaska Leica. Large format
I have a friend who shoots with a Travelwide 90...hand-holdable 4x5 on the fly! Zone or groundglass focus only , but with an auxiliary viewfinder and rangefinder in the accessory shoes you are good to go. Cheap too *

https://wanderlustcameras.com/

Steve

* Body is under $150 USD, but unless you just happen to have a compatible 90mm lens sitting around the cost to configure goes up quickly.

01-29-2016, 12:09 PM   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I have a friend who shoots with a Travelwide 90...hand-holdable 4x5 on the fly! Zone or groundglass focus only , but with an auxiliary viewfinder and rangefinder in the accessory shoes you are good to go. Cheap too *

https://wanderlustcameras.com/

Steve

* Body is under $150 USD, but unless you just happen to have a compatible 90mm lens sitting around the cost to configure goes up quickly.
A 90 6.8 Angulon is only about $200 or so, I sold two of them a couple of years before the Travelwide otherwise I would most likely have one, or more accurately my wife would have encouraged me to buy one and then took it over.