Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Help me decide which system(s) to sell off. *votes are private*
Fujifilm X Pro1.   00%
Sony NEX 6. 1237.50%
Both. 1237.50%
I don't care/ don't know. 825.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks Dsims, but i don't mind buying off Ebay, just don't like selling...i like to meet the person who is getting my stuff...but i really don't need to sell...my Garage is like a collector's junk yard

It's just when i see the stuff on the shelf gathering dust, i get these 'feelings" of selling it off to be used but once it goes to the garage i am okay again

It's kind of funny though i had the NEX system up for sale $600, but people are rushing to buy just the 50 for $250 now on another sale...even worse when i had it pieced out the 50 was just $150 but the very same people wanted it for $100!?...i guess they were hoping i was desperate to sell and was joking about my "time limited" sale

06-02-2014, 07:04 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
It's kind of funny though i had the NEX system up for sale $600, but people are rushing to buy just the 50 for $250 now on another sale...even worse when i had it pieced out the 50 was just $150 but the very same people wanted it for $100!?...i guess they were hoping i was desperate to sell and was joking about my "time limited" sale
Sounds pretty bad! Camera-wise most everything I've bought and sold was Pentax, and I'd researched and found most of it was desirable before I bought it, so this must have helped it sell rather easily when the time came.

Why don't you just sell it to KEH? At least you know they're good to their customers, even if you won't know who the final owner will be. I'm sure they'll pay you a little low so they can make money, but they're constantly looking to buy equipment, and often showing up at shows and camera shops around here in order to buy gear for their inventory.

BTW, I already gathered you don't really "have" to sell it, but wouldn't your rather see it eventually die doing what it was made for? Better to fall into waterfall pool than get old on your shelf. Most digital gear doesn't become "classic" - it just becomes obsolete.

Last edited by DSims; 06-02-2014 at 07:10 PM.
06-09-2014, 07:58 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
There seems to be no value for them, people are asking for my XP1 for $200?!

So into "The garage" they go
What? 200? In fairy tale land. If you ever sell it for that much give me first dibs . It will sell just fine on eBay, and it does seem like you should just sell it all. You don't seem to be too enamored with Mirror-less. I am sure there are some fun Pentax goodies you could get with the proceeds.
06-10-2014, 06:10 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
There is only one Pentax product that has my finger hovering at the moment...a few "wedding shooters" i know have already pre-ordered the 645Z and a trio of lenses...these guys have been shooting Canon 5D2 for their digital needs forever, they say they cannot justify updating their MF Hasseys and Mamiyas to their digital counterparts as it's just too dam expensive at their stage in the game (they're middle aged "uncle Toms *lol*) myself it's been tough trying to give up my Mamiya 6 but that 645Z on paper for the price is calling..."add to the garage...add to the garage"

I'm passing on the Sony bag to my little nephew, switching out the NEX3 F3 with the NEX 6, i still have the Sigma 19/30 to use, he's getting into Architecture so he'll find that bag useful.

06-10-2014, 12:21 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Now it makes sense. As long as you let someone use it. Sounds like a good plan.