Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3077 Likes Search this Thread
05-20-2015, 04:29 AM   #136
Veteran Member

This little guy and his family have been home under our back deck for years now.
In fact his family have become our family and we often get along better then we do with our "own" kind.
Without that little bugger welcoming me in the early morning with my first coffee of the day life would be very dull.

Last edited by wildman; 05-21-2015 at 07:58 PM.
05-20-2015, 06:50 AM - 1 Like   #137
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wildman Quote
Without that little bugger welcoming me in the early morning with my first coffee of the day life would be very dull.
I get it! He's a real cutie! However, having a few little buddies around is one thing.....having a Giant Army of Squirrels right out my windows sometimes gets a little overwhelming....and scary! As I look out at 8:35 AM and sip my coffee....I count 12 squirrels on the cedar fence waiting for me to come put out the feed. If I don't get out there by 9AM there will be many more...and by 10Am all hell breaks out if the feed isn't there!

Still, they do bring great entertainment all day long...every day. Squirrels are fun critters, always full of energy and always having fun chasing each other and trying to run off the birds. They are worth the cost of all that feed every month!

I have a lot of young newbie squirrels this Spring.....cute little fellows!

Best Regards!
05-21-2015, 11:44 AM - 1 Like   #138
Pentaxian

Football squirrels....
A defensive lineman in a four point stance.

A running back in a 3 point stance...

05-21-2015, 05:46 PM   #139
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow! Those are fine close shots of some very handsome little guys! Otis is going to like those! That running back is superb!

Otis is off sulking this evening....I shot a squirrel earlier today with a Toy Camera and he is all upset about it...squirrels being shot with inferior equipment does not set well with Otis.

Fuji X20 @ 2x Digital Zoom......Looks like a watercolor, but I sort of like it anyhow. Otis says it looks like something a kid did with some Crayons....

He found this Pentax shot "acceptable"...but just barely!

Regards!

05-22-2015, 08:55 AM   #140
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
All these squirrel shots look great. I don't have any hanging out at my house and haven't had time to recruit any to model for me. But I enjoy seeing everyone else's.
05-22-2015, 07:40 PM   #141
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
All these squirrel shots look great. I don't have any hanging out at my house and haven't had time to recruit any to model for me. But I enjoy seeing everyone else's.
I knew a girl named Tina.....she used to hang some in the Lounge...sure do miss her! As for the squirrels...I bet I know someone that could ship you a big box full!

Regards!
05-23-2015, 08:13 AM   #142
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I knew a girl named Tina.....she used to hang some in the Lounge...sure do miss her! As for the squirrels...I bet I know someone that could ship you a big box full!

Regards!
Sorry. I've been so busy. I think I need another vacation.

05-23-2015, 06:24 PM   #143
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
Sorry. I've been so busy. I think I need another vacation.
Take a trip up the road to my place.....I'll give you a box of those Newbie squirrels...I have a truckload of them this year!

Regards.....See you in the Lounge soon?
05-23-2015, 10:02 PM   #144
Veteran Member

Lol. I have a box of newbie chickens I'm taking care of at the moment. Actually 6 of them in a rather large brooder.
I guess I need to make a visit to the lounge.
05-24-2015, 07:03 AM - 1 Like   #145
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

20150523-DSCF2025
by Hin Man, on Flickr

20150523-DSCF2031
by Hin Man, on Flickr

20150523-DSCF2027
by Hin Man, on Flickr

It is from my bridge camera with Fuji HS50. I happened to take out my infrequently used camera and find the need to take some test shots preparing the camera to go to marketplace. I am so happy to see this squirrel friend in my neighbor fence.

Cheers,
Hin
05-25-2015, 08:10 PM   #146
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
I am so happy to see this squirrel friend in my neighbor fence.
Now you've gone and done it Hin Man! Otis saw those and is now demanding whole apples for himd self and his entire Army of Squirrels instead of the little apple slices I give them on Fridays. You will cost me a small fortune!

Love those shots, they are wonderful!

Here is a little Newbie squirrel posing for his very first photo! He was sort of shy, but he did good anyhow!

Best Regards!
05-31-2015, 08:23 AM - 2 Likes   #147
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I've been a bad little girly squirrel and my mama put me in here for "Time Out".

I hope she comes back soon...it's hot in here!

Here she is, but she won't even notice me....I guess I was really bad when I stole her batch of fresh roasted peanuts?

Regards!

DON'T FORGET! The Official PForums WSSA Giant Squirrel frenzy starts next Monday at Post Your Photos! Get some fresh shots or be sure to save your old shots....we need all we can get for a great Frenzy!
05-31-2015, 07:05 PM   #148
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Late evening munchies....

Regards!
06-04-2015, 01:17 PM - 1 Like   #149
Pentaxian

When nothing else presents itself, I can always find squirrels.... K-3, F 70-210.

06-05-2015, 08:33 AM   #150
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
When nothing else presents itself, I can always find squirrels.... K-3, F 70-210.

Love the first one!