Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3079 Likes Search this Thread
06-04-2017, 01:12 PM - 3 Likes   #1621
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
He looks comfy sitting there. TFS

This little one was eating sap earlier and as I watched and waited for him to come down the tree he stopped on the board, and swiped his chin two or three times across it. Looked like he was using the board as a napkin to clean the sap off his chin.

06-04-2017, 02:03 PM - 3 Likes   #1622
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
This one was trying to be sneaky and open the feeder. They usually just wrap themselves around the outside of the feeder. The birds are good with this, because the squirrels spill just as much as they eat.

SMC-K 300mm
06-04-2017, 05:40 PM - 4 Likes   #1623
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
You guys are posting some really fine shots lately!

I haven't been around much and may not be for a while. I have a bad case of pneumonia and don't really feel like shooting, posting, or much of anything but sleeping. The meds are powerful and knock the life out of me, so until I am better I have full confidence you will all keep the Squirrel Thread alive and well without any help from me!

A few I did manage to shoot this morning.....I call this little guy the "Jumper"...he loves to jump more than any squirrel I have ever seen.

"I can jump over the top of this oak tree with ease!"

"I can jump higher than the sky!"

"A little rest and I'm off to jump again!"

Best Regards!
06-04-2017, 06:08 PM   #1624
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Rupert sorry to hear you're sick. Pneumonia ain't nothing to mess around with. Stay inside, take your meds, drink lots of fluids to keep hydrated.
We'll be here when you well enough to come back. We will keep posting so you have lots to see when you can come back.

Get Well Soon!!

06-05-2017, 01:16 AM   #1625

I saw my very first squirrels the other day at the Grand Canyon! They're yellow
06-05-2017, 02:17 AM - 6 Likes   #1626
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
1. i can knock myself out
06-05-2017, 06:22 AM   #1627
Veteran Member

I just found out that we had a thread dedicated to squirrels, this is glorious.

06-05-2017, 03:11 PM - 1 Like   #1628
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote

I haven't been around much and may not be for a while. I have a bad case of pneumonia and don't really feel like shooting, posting, or much of anything but sleeping. The meds are powerful and knock the life out of me, so until I am better I have full confidence you will all keep the Squirrel Thread alive and well without any help from me!

A few I did manage to shoot this morning.....I call this little guy the "Jumper"...he loves to jump more than any squirrel I have ever seen.

Best Regards!
I wish you a speedy recovery. We'll do our best to keep up on the squirrel pictures, but the stories may not be as eloquent.
06-06-2017, 06:42 PM - 1 Like   #1629
Pentaxian

Best Regards!
Take care of yourself and I wish you a speedy recovery. Getting sick in the summer, especially pneumonia is a bummer. I had it a few years ago but during the winter. Take it easy and you will get over it.
06-07-2017, 03:19 AM - 1 Like   #1630
Forum Member

Best Regards!
Best wishes for a speedy return to health, Rupert.
06-07-2017, 12:48 PM - 3 Likes   #1631
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Kensington Gardens in London earlier today, playing with a Sony NEX 5 I got a couple of weeks ago - nice camera, but I think I prefer an eye-level viewfinder, my reflexes are all wrong for looking at a screen. The lens I got with it is only 18-55 which on an APS-C film format isn't ideal for squirrels. The first two are cropped from 4052 x 3096 images, the third was the only one where I got really close, resampled to fit photobucket's 800-pixel maximum.

06-08-2017, 09:25 AM - 1 Like   #1632
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I thank you all for the kind "Get Well" words. I am doing my best to beat this. It is pretty rough stuff and totally drains every ounce of my energy.

I have managed to round up a few squirrels to drop off here so you guys can take care of them until I am all well! Thanks!

They're pretty lazy so you won't have to do much for them.....some good food and cold beer will keep them satisfied!

You might try to turn on that sap spout for them....

Sap spout dreaming....

Hangout buddies!
Name:  IMGP7885-800.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  382.5 KB

Regards!

---------- Post added 06-08-17 at 11:30 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Helios 1984 Quote
I just found out that we had a thread dedicated to squirrels, this is glorious.
Yep, we got squirrels here! Get some shots and post them here, you are always welcome!

QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
We'll do our best to keep up on the squirrel pictures
Thanks Rigg......your particitpation is appreciated by billions of squirrels worldwide!

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
Kensington Gardens in London earlier today
Thanks for those, I love that last one! Come back and post more handsome squirrels anytime.
06-11-2017, 02:35 AM - 1 Like   #1633
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I put out sap, seeds, and fresh water, sorry no beer, but my babies came to feast but I saw no fox squirrels in attendance Rupert.

First a baby that's been hanging around, albeit the bigger ones shoo him away most times, he still manages to get some seed.

With my urging my nephew has mowed the grass and I should be able to get some grass stalk free shots this weekend.

06-11-2017, 11:17 AM   #1634
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
With my urging my nephew has mowed the grass and I should be able to get some grass stalk free shots this weekend.
I sorta like the grassy shots Photolady! Nice shooting!

Regards!
06-11-2017, 06:37 PM - 2 Likes   #1635
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I guess so Rupert it's just hard to get a clear shot of the baby in the grass. Good to see you're feeling better.

Two more from today:
Baby again:

And piglet so fat he can't sit up straight: