Another day, another squirrel.

03-13-2016, 02:18 PM   #273
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by th1952 Quote
I see you.
What a cute little guy! Otis thanks you! Me too!

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Every picture still has snow in the background.
Mighty fine shots Norm.....much appreciated....I always suspected they could eat in their sleep....now I know it!

Best Regards!
03-17-2016, 08:11 AM - 1 Like   #274
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
2 squirrels, each taken with new-to-me glass:
Nice shots Luftfluss! Congrats on the new glass and use it often to shoot those handsome squirrels! The first shot looks like a cute little bunny rabbit...Otis loved it too!

Another day, another squirrel.
Handsome one too! Otis swears he did not nibble on those ears!

Otis is recommending against the K1......he was all excited about the new "S" for squirrel setting on the main dial until he found this in the new K1 manual......

"Don't buy it guys!...when Pentax says it's a Killer Camera...they ain't kiddin'!"

Regards!

03-17-2016, 06:17 PM - 1 Like   #275
Pentaxian

If I could avoid them I probably would, but, they are quite amusing.

03-17-2016, 07:20 PM   #276
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Love those Norm......no wonder Otis likes you so much!

hey are quite amusing.
You guys got to see this......scroll down to post # #24565 by Savoche.......hilarious! Yes, quite amusing they are!
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/239325-why-i-wont-buy-k3-w...read-1638.html

Keep up the great postings here, they are for certain appreciated!

Regards!
03-19-2016, 12:56 PM - 2 Likes   #277
Pentaxian

Even though I don't grout to take pictures of squirrels, they always say "take my picture dude... hey you, come on dude, you know you want total my picture" They just repeat it over and over until you take their picture.... that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

03-19-2016, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #278
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Even though I don't grout to take pictures of squirrels, they always say "take my picture dude... hey you, come on dude, you know you want total my picture" They just repeat it over and over until you take their picture.... that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Local squirrels tend to stay away when I'm out in our yard, and I find that pictures taken through windows tend to lose a lot of detail.

I did find this picture from fifteen months ago {taken from our living room, through glass doors to the deck}. Just after I put our bird feeder up, I put in a separate feeding station for squirrels, but this thieving guy ignored the corn I put there and insisted on feasting on the bird feed I put out for the birds. I did kind of admire his ingenuity, but he was not invited to this feast, so eventually I got a professional squirrel-proof feeder, and I eventually stopped seeing him. I guess I could turn the old bird feeder into a squirrel feeder and see if he's willing to go there under those conditions {he's still getting the cheaper corn, not the more expensive bird food}

Last edited by reh321; 03-19-2016 at 03:36 PM. Reason: add photo
03-21-2016, 10:58 AM - 1 Like   #279
Pentaxian

Anyone who says they don't have time for squirrel images, doesn't have a bird feeder out.

K-3 and F 70-210 with HD DA 1.4 TC.

03-22-2016, 12:09 PM - 1 Like   #280
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

now, where's those nuts?

03-24-2016, 12:46 PM - 4 Likes   #281
Pentaxian

Canadian Snow Squirrels.

03-25-2016, 08:28 AM - 1 Like   #282
smf
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Both of these images were captured through window glass this morning with Pentax K-S2 with SMC Takumar 1:5.6/400 on monopod with new-to-me Manfrotto 393 head. Note that in the stare-down photo, the black squirrel's tail is brown. Both images were cropped a bit from the right and are cross-posted from a Daily Challenge thread.

03-25-2016, 10:14 AM - 2 Likes   #283
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Another squirrel at the feeder enjoying a lunch of black oil sunflower seeds!

He hasn't worked off his winter weight (nor have I), so I might classify this squirrel as more of a sausage with a tail

03-25-2016, 10:51 AM   #284
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
now, where's those nuts?
A squirrel needs to do a "nut check" several times a day...it's just a smart thing to do, according to Otis!

Otis appreciates all the great squirrel shots here from you guys....me too! They are fun little critters and bring a lot of entertainment around my place.....sometimes a little sorrow too, but I can live with it!

Riggomatic......Otis recognizes your contribution to the squirrel world by installing feeders and keeping them chubby! This is his highest award!

Congratulations!

Norm....Your shots are outstanding....beat all of ours and we appreciate your "squirrel dedication" more than you know!
If you don't have one of these already...you do now! Otis sends his regards!

I bet you can't wait to tell Tess you are a Citizen Squirrel!

Best Regards & keep them coming!
03-25-2016, 05:45 PM   #285
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by smf Quote
Both of these images were captured through window glass this morning with Pentax K-S2 with SMC Takumar 1:5.6/400 on monopod with new-to-me Manfrotto 393 head. Note that in the stare-down photo, the black squirrel's tail is brown. Both images were cropped a bit from the right and are cross-posted from a Daily Challenge thread.

This is a very interesting set, Stu. We have black phase grays and full-on gray squirrels here, and my (unscientific) observation is that the blacks are more intelligent -- they're cleverer at avoiding traffic, know instantly where to seek cover, etc. -- than the grays, who are stronger and more likely to dominate over others.