Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3079 Likes Search this Thread
04-21-2016, 03:26 PM   #391
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Maybe we can have a big Squirrel Frenzy here in early June? If I can get away with it, I could advertise in a few other threads to get the attention needed. It's always a bunch of fun to see squirrels from all over the world. I might even talk Otis into a few prizes in specific categories?
What is special about June? Around here, everything will be green and lush, providing lots of camouflage and food for the local squirrels. I'm not fond of taking pictures through the house windows - because it kind of dulls the details. I guess I could sit out on the deck for a couple of hours ... maybe one would eventually show his face.

04-21-2016, 03:47 PM   #392
Pentaxian

There's always room for one more, in cyberland

04-21-2016, 04:08 PM   #393
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I guess I could sit out on the deck for a couple of hours ... maybe one would eventually show his face.
A bag of roasted peanuts and you would have plenty of faces!

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
There's always room for one more, in cyberland
Always!

Baby Otis was a cutie too!

Regards!
04-21-2016, 05:57 PM   #394
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I guess I could sit out on the deck for a couple of hours ... maybe one would eventually show his face.
If you feed them, they will come.
I had this same problem before I started feeding birds, we have really leafy tall trees in my yard, the birds would hide in the leaves and I asked how to get to come where I could take photos of them, I was told to put out feeders, and once I did that, the squirrels came too.

04-21-2016, 06:00 PM - 1 Like   #395
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Another shot from today. This appears to be a young one.

04-21-2016, 07:38 PM   #396
Pentaxian

Availability of animals depends entirely on availability of food. Most of them just don't have a lot of time to socialize.
04-22-2016, 07:57 AM   #397
Pentaxian

A bag of roasted peanuts and you would have plenty of faces!
I don't know whether there are any squirrels in the area of this picture or not. My parents, the first occupants of this house, put a lot of effort into stabilizing the hillside via plant life. Now the hillside is stable, the view is nice, ... and the animals seem to have all they want {and if they do want anything, they can just wait until I go back inside}

04-22-2016, 08:26 AM   #398
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Another shot from today. This appears to be a young one.
Love that one Photolady......Otis took the liberty of some selective lighting to get a better look at those handsome features.....he hopes you don't mind, but if you do he says to blame me.
Name:  P Lady.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  388.3 KB

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Availability of animals depends entirely on availability of food.
Norm, what do you put out for your squirrels? I mostly put out their favorite, black oil sunflower seeds. Roasted peanuts are daily treats and cracked corn is a basic too.

I don't know whether there are any squirrels in the area of this picture or not.
Put some roasted peanuts in that feeder and you will know in no time!

They crave roasted peanuts!
04-22-2016, 08:30 AM   #399
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Otis took the liberty of some selective lighting to get a better look at those handsome features.....he hopes you don't mind, but if you do he says to blame me.
That's fine Rupert. I need to calibrate my monitor again after building my latest computer a month ago. Tell Otis I know who does most of the things on this forum under his pen name, Rupert. LOL
04-22-2016, 09:12 AM   #400
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That's fine Rupert. I need to calibrate my monitor again after building my latest computer a month ago. Tell Otis I know who does most of the things on this forum under his pen name, Rupert. LOL
Otis is no dummy...he knew you would blame me!

Shooting in the low light here in the Woods of Otis, I am forced to play with the lighting on most every shot.

Check this out....one of my most used programs. They have a free trial system. With some masking in PSElements and Light Machine, you can get total control of the lighting. I have an old version, the new version offers even more options and features.

The Plugin Site - LightMachine - Main

Regards!

Just a regular morning squirrel....
04-22-2016, 08:27 PM   #401
Pentaxian

It's nice to see all these squirrel shots from around the world, too.

I have more but I have a question also. I know I have a WSSA number but for the life of me, I don't know what it is now.

And I have many more squirrel photos that I can post here if you like.?
Please take into account that I'm fairly new around here.

What is WSSA number??
04-22-2016, 10:03 PM   #402
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow - you guys have been busy the past few days here! Squirrel-orama....I esp like photolady's latest one...
Not so much a squirrel shot as a neighborhood walk shot that just happens to feature a squirrel

Last edited by paulh; 04-22-2016 at 10:09 PM.
04-23-2016, 08:19 AM   #403
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If your Squirrels have access to Pentaxforum, they may claim penalty nuts for private Squirrel life infringement and use of photos without consent of the Squirrel being photographed.
04-23-2016, 09:51 AM   #404
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
If your Squirrels have access to Pentaxforum, they may claim penalty nuts for private Squirrel life infringement and use of photos without consent of the Squirrel being photographed.
Not to worry! Squirrels love all the free exposure they can get!

Otis surveying the end of another long day in the Woods of Otis. He doesn't look all that happy....the Beer truck broke down on Hwy4 and they never got their order....maybe today?

Regards!

Just a little rant this morning....

I am so tired of MF shooting with no aperture control, no EV control, and a focus light that does not indicate true focus. I need the K1 and soon. It could be another few weeks of this, and it is taking the joy out of shooting. I get so tired of the squirrels complaining of the pathetic shots......but I keep telling them I will be a Pro with the K1......right?

End of rant.
04-23-2016, 10:20 AM - 1 Like   #405
Pentaxian

From this morning.