Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3077 Likes Search this Thread
05-17-2016, 05:44 AM - 1 Like   #541
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Question: are you taking these pictures through the window, or are you outside for them?
I'm mostly shooting through my windows...about 99.9%. I need to wash my windows, you reminded me...I was going to do it yesterday but got a case of the lazies.

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Couple more and from today.
I love those Photolady! They do love melons, maybe as much as bacon?

You can also get a handsome squirrel at 1/50 handheld with the new K1 SR...just don't let the squirrel know it...it might scare them too!

Regards!

BTW- Norm, I gave up being a Pro after a week of the K1, so you are still the resident Pro here. I missed my Farm Boots, Farm Pants, and old straw Farm Hat. Alligator shoes and silk shirts are not for guys like me.

05-17-2016, 06:25 AM   #542
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I'm mostly shooting through my windows...about 99.9%. I need to wash my windows, you reminded me...I was going to do it yesterday but got a case of the lazies.

I love those Photolady! They do love melons, maybe as much as bacon?

You can also get a handsome squirrel at 1/50 handheld with the new K1 SR...just don't let the squirrel know it...it might scare them too!

Regards!

BTW- Norm, I gave up being a Pro after a week of the K1, so you are still the resident Pro here. I missed my Farm Boots, Farm Pants, and old straw Farm Hat. Alligator shoes and silk shirts are not for guys like me.
You clearly haven't seen how I dress.
05-17-2016, 06:33 AM   #543
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
And I don't want to know. LOL
05-17-2016, 06:34 AM   #544
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I got a RMA from KEH today, sending lens back as defective and got a prepaid shipping label for FedEx and free pickup since I have a FedEx account.

05-17-2016, 06:39 AM   #545
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I saw the backside once....that was enough for me. Otis has a big poster size print on his penthouse wall. He tells his girly visitors....."If you look like this....Get Out!"

Regards!

Photolady...What lens are you sending back? What was the defect?
05-17-2016, 06:46 AM   #546
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Photolady...What lens are you sending back? What was the defect?
The Vivitar Series 1 100-400mm. The defect was a hazy film in all my photos that I corrected in PP. I shouldn't have to correct for that. Especially when the lens was sold to me as EX condition.
05-17-2016, 06:59 AM   #547
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The Vivitar Series 1 100-400mm. The defect was a hazy film in all my photos that I corrected in PP. I shouldn't have to correct for that. Especially when the lens was sold to me as EX condition.
I see. Yep, it is a hassle to have to correct for a hazy lens.

Regards!

05-17-2016, 07:09 AM   #548
Pentaxian

And I don't want to know. LOL
It's not a choice.....

Rupert knows more... that wasn't a choice either.

Once you see it, you can't unseen it.
05-17-2016, 07:27 AM   #549
Pentaxian

How do you fix for a "hazy film" in PP? I visually inspect my lenses before I use them, and normally I'll toss it - or find some non-photo use for it (*) - if it won't give me a clean image.

(*) The first zoom lens I ever bought - paid for by the first bonus I ever got - developed a fungus problem, so I used it to partially block a hole in our yard that was being occupied by a groundhog that was stealing produce from our garden {I used it as an anchor and poured used cat litter around it - the animal decided to move elsewhere}. Come to think of it, the local squirrel may have seen me do that, which could partially explain why he completely avoids me.
05-17-2016, 07:42 AM   #550
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Once you see it, you can't unseen it.
That's a sad fact. Been there, done that.
05-17-2016, 07:46 AM   #551
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
How do you fix for a "hazy film" in PP? I visually inspect my lenses before I use them, and normally I'll toss it - or find some non-photo use for it (*) - if it won't give me a clean image.
Not easily but I did manage it. I don't toss lenses I pay more than $100 for when they are sold to me as EX condition. Had only paid $20 for it, then maybe I would have found a different use for it. And it showed no fungus. It could be anything that caused the haze but it could have been someone cleaned the lens..........too harshly.
05-17-2016, 09:15 AM   #552

The squirrels don't come no more after I showed 'em my gun.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSC-HX50V  Photo 
05-17-2016, 01:12 PM - 3 Likes   #553
Pentaxian

I just can't help myself.

05-17-2016, 01:17 PM   #554
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

It's addicting for sure Norm. We don't have the chippy's here in Florida but when I lived in MN I found them an interesting photo op. I probably still have some film shots I took while I lived there. Nice shots you have there today.
05-17-2016, 01:33 PM   #555
Pentaxian

Not easily but I did manage it. I don't toss lenses I pay more than $100 for when they are sold to me as EX condition. Had only paid $20 for it, then maybe I would have found a different use for it. And it showed no fungus. It could be anything that caused the haze but it could have been someone cleaned the lens..........too harshly.
Oh, you're doing exactly the right thing. Recently I bought a lens from someone on eBay, and when I sent him a picture of what had arrived

his response was "I didn't notice that", but he didn't have any choice about taking it back and refunding my money since it clearly did not meet his description {which included the phrase "glass in excellent condition"}- that milky stuff is on the back surface of the lens

Last edited by reh321; 05-17-2016 at 01:40 PM. Reason: clarification