Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3077 Likes Search this Thread
05-28-2016, 07:22 PM   #586
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Missed getting his nose but the rest is tack sharp. I love this new older prime lens I bought for $40.
Who needs a nose when he has a big smile on his little face like that! What lens did you get for $40?

My squirrels are celebrating the holiday and aren't posing unless I give them triple roasted peanuts......I may give in...or may not?

Regards!

05-29-2016, 12:26 AM   #587
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
What lens did you get for $40?
A Vivitar 200mm f3.5 all manual lens a forum member had for sale in our Marketplace. And the lens is pristine. No scratches, or fungus. Even on the outside it is excellent.
05-29-2016, 06:56 AM   #588
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A Vivitar 200mm f3.5 all manual lens a forum member had for sale in our Marketplace. And the lens is pristine. No scratches, or fungus. Even on the outside it is excellent.
That's a deal! You will enjoy it no doubt!

Regards!
05-29-2016, 12:28 PM   #589
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

You will enjoy it no doubt!
If I could stay awake long enough to use it!

05-29-2016, 12:31 PM   #590
Veteran Member

Original Poster
If I could stay awake long enough to use it!
I'm about to take a little nappy myself.....just ate lunch and am falling off as I sit here.

Regards!
05-29-2016, 02:38 PM - 1 Like   #591
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Took a little nap....don't feel much more rested...that ever happen to you?

This little guy loves to hang out on the Cheater Branch. He is there most every morning and throughout the day he visits it over and over. Not sure just why, but the does like it...a lot.

Back this afternoon...

I think I'm gonna put a few dabs of peanut butter on that branch and see what happens?

Regards!
05-29-2016, 03:01 PM - 1 Like   #592
Pentaxian

A few more from today
A couple of squirrels (they are so easy). DA*200 + HD DA 1.4 TC

Last edited by normhead; 05-29-2016 at 03:54 PM.
05-29-2016, 03:12 PM   #593
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

don't feel much more rested...that ever happen to you?
Sometimes, yes. My problem is my days and nights are turned around. I'm usually up from anywhere after midnight til the wee hours of the morning, then I sleep. Sometimes, most all day to sometimes only a few hours.

I agree Norm, squirrels are usually easiest to photograph.
05-29-2016, 03:29 PM - 1 Like   #594
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
A couple of squirrels (they are so easy). DA*200 + F-1.7x
More fine shots Norm.....I hear people say they have trouble shooting squirrels. It is so simple....squirrels love to eat....they are always eating.....feed them and they will gladly pose for you!

Sometimes, yes. My problem is my days and nights are turned around. I'm usually up from anywhere after midnight til the wee hours of the morning, then I sleep. Sometimes, most all day to sometimes only a few hours.
I drink a glass of red wine at bedtime....it keeps me in sound sleep for about 5-6 hours. Then I have to get up and pee and my sound sleep is over for the night. I drink a lot of coffee and iced lemon water throughout the day, and the more I drink the less sound sleep time I get. As you age your metabolism changes drastically....sleep becomes a premium asset. I have pills, but they leave you a zombie the next day, so I don't use them.

I told this little guy not to pose like this ever again...makes him look just like a damn rat!
Name:  IMGP1129-800K1.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  478.4 KB

Regards!
05-29-2016, 09:13 PM   #595
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I drink a glass of red wine at bedtime....
That would put me in the hospital. I can't drink alcoholic beverages of any sort.

On another subject, I have a jar of peanut butter I bought some time ago and wanted to try my squirrels on how well they like it. If they do like it, I'll spread it around for them. I just don't have cheater limbs, and my bird feeders are on a wooden post my nephew built for me after he removed our deader than dead old (at least 20 years old) grapefruit tree. I guess I could just spread it on the tree trunks.
05-30-2016, 08:16 AM   #596
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I guess I could just spread it on the tree trunks.
They will like that! Put it where you can get some shots! I put some out yesterday and they are back this morning checking to see if more "magically appeared".

Regards!
05-30-2016, 09:06 AM - 2 Likes   #597
Pentaxian

They will like that! Put it where you can get some shots! I put some out yesterday and they are back this morning checking to see if more "magically appeared".

Regards!
I mix peanut butter with the home made suet I pack into my suet post, along with wheat flour, corn meal mixed nuts and berries and vegetable shortening. They won't touch the commercial stuff if my homemade with lots of peanut butter is out there. If i don't get out in time, they come over to the kitchen window , sit on the porch rail and yell until I come out. They know which side of the bread their toast is buttered on.

If you don't have a suet post... that's why you need one.

Although right now it's down for the summer.

Last edited by normhead; 05-30-2016 at 09:16 AM.
05-30-2016, 09:43 AM   #598
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Seen that before Norm but forgot about it.....glad to see it again. I have tons of trees and need to get out my hole saw and make a few holes. Mix up some good stuff like yours and attract even more birds/squirrels!

Someday...someday...I'm gonna get a Chickadee shot that is half decent...yours are superb!

Regards!
05-30-2016, 11:37 AM   #599
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
If you don't have a suet post... that's why you need one.
I'm not healthy enough now to do my own projects. I would have to hire someone. My nephew that lives in the house with me, could do it, but if I requested he make me one it would take him two or three years to get it done. He works. And he's only 10 years younger than me so when he's home, he's usually sleeping. He actually told me I shouldn't be doing anything strenuous outside when he's not home. I put new hooks on my bird feeder post last week, using a small step ladder. When he got home and I told him what I did, he said........you shouldn't have done that without me being here. And I don't even own a hole saw.
05-30-2016, 01:29 PM - 1 Like   #600
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Better safe than sorry Photolady.....

I have one on the left and one on the right.....no fun at all!

Angry squirrels!

This one is facing down an intruder that wants his spot. He attacked, then they spent the next 5 minutes chasing each other through all the trees and ended up back where they started. Happens several times a day. Few injuries ever occur, it is just a game or something and often while they are in the chase another squirrel takes the feeder and the war starts all over again.

"I'm gonna get you!"

Regards!