Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3079 Likes Search this Thread
12-29-2016, 07:37 PM   #1051
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
To show you what kind of day this was, I had to push my K-30 to ISO=3200 to get these.
I'm glad you did! He got his few moments of fame and we got to view his handsome features!

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
Are you absolutely certain that Otis can't control the weather
Well, it is well known in other parts of the Forum that Otis burns old tires for heat in the winter. He says it helps not only to keep his Giant Army cozy, it helps in global warming which will eventually kill off most humans. You can always find my place in Jan/Feb......the black smoke can be seen from the space shuttle. The bad part is a lot of my neighbors end up missing their tires in the winter months.

Regards!

12-29-2016, 09:14 PM   #1052
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
my father spent his childhood on a Georgia farm

goober this and goober that

peanut butter so sticky they ate mayonnaise and peanut butter sandwiches
and so poor he thought it was a treat
12-30-2016, 01:47 AM   #1053
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Damn handsome little guy! Is that a jungle he is in?

Regards!
Yes Rupert! A local reservoir..
12-30-2016, 09:08 PM - 2 Likes   #1054
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Happy New Year to all you squirrel posters! We are going to be traveling and I have left my neighbor in charge of feeding the birds, raccoons, and of course ...the squirrels. They have a hell of a party on New Years Eve.....what a mess I will have to clean up...... beer bottles, cans, champagne bottles and puke all over my deck...if it is like every past New Years celebration. Some of them get naked too, and run out in the road to scare old ladies driving by......it gets really wild around here. I won't miss it at all....and I hope my neighbor is not hit with any flying bottles like I have been in years past.

You guys be safe out there and enjoy the celebrations! The New Year should be good for us over here in Squirrel Heaven!

Best Regards!
Rupert

12-31-2016, 10:55 AM - 4 Likes   #1055
Forum Member

up close ...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D500  Photo 
01-01-2017, 05:08 AM - 4 Likes   #1056
smf
Pentaxian

"Yes, there's a cold wind blowing. And yes, I am a FOO." (Friend of Otis)

Happy new year to all.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
01-01-2017, 05:21 AM - 2 Likes   #1057
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

No snow here

HAPPY NEW YEAR to Otis and his friends and those who capture their images for the enjoyment of all

(and perhaps in fear of what would happen if they didn't photograph them )

May everyone and their families enjoy a safe and happy 2017

Attached Images

01-03-2017, 07:12 AM - 1 Like   #1058
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Starting off crazy in 2017.....We got in from our little two day road trip of over 900 miles and it was worse than I had expected here. The damn squirrels broke into the local liquor store and stole all the cold beer and Champagne and went on a wild drinking spree, disrupting traffic and playing loud music, cursing and running through the neighborhood naked. They stole some fireworks on New Years Eve too and tried to stick some big firecrackers up the raccoons hinies, which resulted in a huge fight and my neighbor that was feeding them in my absence was injured when one of them dropped an empty Champagne bottle on his head from about 70 feet up in a big oak tree. He will survive but he can no longer remember his name or where he lives. The yard was a wreck and my deck is covered in squirrel puke....

Around 2am on the 1st Animal Control was called out to my place and arrested about 50 of the little critters, the ones that were too drunk to run. I will try to bail them out today, on demands from Otis, but I don't want to.

They got so hungry because my neighbor was no longer able to feed them that they resorted to eating tree bark...so Otis tells me? They blamed my neighbor for having a "soft head".

Never a dull moment around here...I hope I can survive 2017, it is always a little "iffy".

Best Regards & let's have a fantastic year for the squirrels!
01-03-2017, 08:14 AM   #1059
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Starting off crazy in 2017.....We got in from our little two day road trip of over 900 miles and it was worse than I had expected here. The damn squirrels broke into the local liquor store and stole all the cold beer and Champagne and went on a wild drinking spree, disrupting traffic and playing loud music, cursing and running through the neighborhood naked. They stole some fireworks on New Years Eve too and tried to stick some big firecrackers up the raccoons hinies, which resulted in a huge fight and my neighbor that was feeding them in my absence was injured when one of them dropped an empty Champagne bottle on his head from about 70 feet up in a big oak tree. He will survive but he can no longer remember his name or where he lives. The yard was a wreck and my deck is covered in squirrel puke....

Around 2am on the 1st Animal Control was called out to my place and arrested about 50 of the little critters, the ones that were too drunk to run. I will try to bail them out today, on demands from Otis, but I don't want to.

They got so hungry because my neighbor was no longer able to feed them that they resorted to eating tree bark...so Otis tells me? They blamed my neighbor for having a "soft head".

Never a dull moment around here...I hope I can survive 2017, it is always a little "iffy".

Best Regards & let's have a fantastic year for the squirrels!
Your squirrels have it too soft. I haven't seen our spartan squirrels yet this year. and I've been here the whole time. They've left nothing; apparently they did sneak out some time to take the peanuts I'd left out for their New Year celebration.
01-03-2017, 07:58 PM - 2 Likes   #1060
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
They've left nothing; apparently they did sneak out some time to take the peanuts I'd left out for their New Year celebration.
Sneaky they are!

"Cross my heart and hope to die....I'm gonna do what it takes to get that Peanut Tree sap!"

"It's so delicious!"

"Dangerous work but worth it!"

I got 52 squirrels out of Animal Control prison....it was costly. They were glad to see them go , they had already caused a ton of damage and even tried to eat one of the young puppies in there. I was so ashamed of them.

Regards!
01-05-2017, 12:58 PM - 2 Likes   #1061
Pentaxian

A few from today.... the squirrels have thinned out considerably.

01-05-2017, 04:12 PM - 2 Likes   #1062
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
A few from today.... the squirrels have thinned out considerably.
Good to have some Pro shots over here! Your squirrels have thinned out because they headed south when they heard the sap is running from the Peanut Trees down here!

Fresh sap from today....

"It's not all that special to me...and it sticks to my beak.....damn squirrels will eat anything."

Regards!
01-06-2017, 10:51 AM - 1 Like   #1063
Pentaxian

If the sun's out, I'm out, and if I'm out, I see squirrels.

K-1 and A-400

I've got some serious white balance issues going on here.
01-06-2017, 06:55 PM - 2 Likes   #1064
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I've got some serious white balance issues going on here.
Maybe in the 2nd one...or he is just feeling a little "blue"?

Otis has some serious problems if the birdies are starting to eat corn on the cob?

Regards!
01-08-2017, 04:45 PM   #1065
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Can anyone pitch in? We need squirrel shots here!

Regards!