Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2016, 07:37 PM   #1051
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,123
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
To show you what kind of day this was, I had to push my K-30 to ISO=3200 to get these.
I'm glad you did! He got his few moments of fame and we got to view his handsome features!

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
Are you absolutely certain that Otis can't control the weather
Well, it is well known in other parts of the Forum that Otis burns old tires for heat in the winter. He says it helps not only to keep his Giant Army cozy, it helps in global warming which will eventually kill off most humans. You can always find my place in Jan/Feb......the black smoke can be seen from the space shuttle. The bad part is a lot of my neighbors end up missing their tires in the winter months.

Regards!

12-29-2016, 09:14 PM   #1052
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2015
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,400
my father spent his childhood on a Georgia farm

goober this and goober that

peanut butter so sticky they ate mayonnaise and peanut butter sandwiches
and so poor he thought it was a treat
12-30-2016, 01:47 AM   #1053
Pentaxian
Pentaxians's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 688
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Damn handsome little guy! Is that a jungle he is in?

Regards!
Yes Rupert! A local reservoir..
12-30-2016, 09:08 PM - 2 Likes   #1054
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,123
Original Poster
Happy New Year to all you squirrel posters! We are going to be traveling and I have left my neighbor in charge of feeding the birds, raccoons, and of course ...the squirrels. They have a hell of a party on New Years Eve.....what a mess I will have to clean up...... beer bottles, cans, champagne bottles and puke all over my deck...if it is like every past New Years celebration. Some of them get naked too, and run out in the road to scare old ladies driving by......it gets really wild around here. I won't miss it at all....and I hope my neighbor is not hit with any flying bottles like I have been in years past.

You guys be safe out there and enjoy the celebrations! The New Year should be good for us over here in Squirrel Heaven!

Best Regards!
Rupert

12-31-2016, 10:55 AM - 4 Likes   #1055
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
mail2richw's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 65
up close ...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D500  Photo 
01-01-2017, 05:08 AM - 4 Likes   #1056
smf
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
smf's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Midland, MI
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,074
"Yes, there's a cold wind blowing. And yes, I am a FOO." (Friend of Otis)

Happy new year to all.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
01-01-2017, 05:21 AM - 2 Likes   #1057
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter
aslyfox's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 22,208
No snow here

HAPPY NEW YEAR to Otis and his friends and those who capture their images for the enjoyment of all

(and perhaps in fear of what would happen if they didn't photograph them )

May everyone and their families enjoy a safe and happy 2017

Attached Images
 
01-03-2017, 07:12 AM - 1 Like   #1058
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,123
Original Poster
Starting off crazy in 2017.....We got in from our little two day road trip of over 900 miles and it was worse than I had expected here. The damn squirrels broke into the local liquor store and stole all the cold beer and Champagne and went on a wild drinking spree, disrupting traffic and playing loud music, cursing and running through the neighborhood naked. They stole some fireworks on New Years Eve too and tried to stick some big firecrackers up the raccoons hinies, which resulted in a huge fight and my neighbor that was feeding them in my absence was injured when one of them dropped an empty Champagne bottle on his head from about 70 feet up in a big oak tree. He will survive but he can no longer remember his name or where he lives. The yard was a wreck and my deck is covered in squirrel puke....

Around 2am on the 1st Animal Control was called out to my place and arrested about 50 of the little critters, the ones that were too drunk to run. I will try to bail them out today, on demands from Otis, but I don't want to.

They got so hungry because my neighbor was no longer able to feed them that they resorted to eating tree bark...so Otis tells me? They blamed my neighbor for having a "soft head".

Never a dull moment around here...I hope I can survive 2017, it is always a little "iffy".

Best Regards & let's have a fantastic year for the squirrels!
01-03-2017, 08:14 AM   #1059
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,739
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Starting off crazy in 2017.....We got in from our little two day road trip of over 900 miles and it was worse than I had expected here. The damn squirrels broke into the local liquor store and stole all the cold beer and Champagne and went on a wild drinking spree, disrupting traffic and playing loud music, cursing and running through the neighborhood naked. They stole some fireworks on New Years Eve too and tried to stick some big firecrackers up the raccoons hinies, which resulted in a huge fight and my neighbor that was feeding them in my absence was injured when one of them dropped an empty Champagne bottle on his head from about 70 feet up in a big oak tree. He will survive but he can no longer remember his name or where he lives. The yard was a wreck and my deck is covered in squirrel puke....

Around 2am on the 1st Animal Control was called out to my place and arrested about 50 of the little critters, the ones that were too drunk to run. I will try to bail them out today, on demands from Otis, but I don't want to.

They got so hungry because my neighbor was no longer able to feed them that they resorted to eating tree bark...so Otis tells me? They blamed my neighbor for having a "soft head".

Never a dull moment around here...I hope I can survive 2017, it is always a little "iffy".

Best Regards & let's have a fantastic year for the squirrels!
Your squirrels have it too soft. I haven't seen our spartan squirrels yet this year. and I've been here the whole time. They've left nothing; apparently they did sneak out some time to take the peanuts I'd left out for their New Year celebration.
01-03-2017, 07:58 PM - 2 Likes   #1060
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,123
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
They've left nothing; apparently they did sneak out some time to take the peanuts I'd left out for their New Year celebration.
Sneaky they are!


"Cross my heart and hope to die....I'm gonna do what it takes to get that Peanut Tree sap!"


"It's so delicious!"


"Dangerous work but worth it!"


I got 52 squirrels out of Animal Control prison....it was costly. They were glad to see them go , they had already caused a ton of damage and even tried to eat one of the young puppies in there. I was so ashamed of them.

Regards!
01-05-2017, 12:58 PM - 2 Likes   #1061
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 37,415
A few from today.... the squirrels have thinned out considerably.



01-05-2017, 04:12 PM - 2 Likes   #1062
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,123
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
A few from today.... the squirrels have thinned out considerably.
Good to have some Pro shots over here! Your squirrels have thinned out because they headed south when they heard the sap is running from the Peanut Trees down here!

Fresh sap from today....


"It's not all that special to me...and it sticks to my beak.....damn squirrels will eat anything."


Regards!
01-06-2017, 10:51 AM - 1 Like   #1063
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 37,415
If the sun's out, I'm out, and if I'm out, I see squirrels.

K-1 and A-400






I've got some serious white balance issues going on here.
01-06-2017, 06:55 PM - 2 Likes   #1064
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,123
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I've got some serious white balance issues going on here.
Maybe in the 2nd one...or he is just feeling a little "blue"?

Otis has some serious problems if the birdies are starting to eat corn on the cob?


Regards!
01-08-2017, 04:45 PM   #1065
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,123
Original Poster
Can anyone pitch in? We need squirrel shots here!

Regards!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
award, bird, bird feeders, cheese, dash, feeders, flickr, glass, idea, james, mammals, mom, nap, otis, peanuts, pentax k-s2, pine, plants, power, save, shot, shots, squirrel, squirrels, time, trees, williams, window, window glass, woods
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally got to put the KP to "work"... I think I got a few "keepers"... gm4life Pentax DSLR Discussion 8 09-15-2017 12:49 PM
Machinery Memorial Day Weekend Car Show Shots HeavyCorPhotography Post Your Photos! 5 05-29-2015 11:24 AM
Nature A Squirrel Hunt Story - For Rupert. Jessesdad Post Your Photos! 29 06-18-2014 10:36 AM
Got any Squirrel Shots? Rupert Pentax Medium Format 0 05-31-2014 05:15 PM
Nature One for Rupert - Squirrel Speed daacon Post Your Photos! 3 10-11-2011 12:16 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:42 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top