QuoteOriginally posted by ccc_ Quote
say it ain't so!
well on the bright side the notice doesn't say:

"Wanted Dead or Alive"

02-05-2017, 06:38 PM - 2 Likes   #1217
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Couple from today. The first one is a bit noisy as I didn't have the ISO up high enough for dark areas.

One finally decided to try the crunchy peanut butter and grabbed a hunk off the cheater branch I put up two days ago.

This one grabbed his portion on the ground that the first one dropped.
02-06-2017, 10:05 AM - 2 Likes   #1218
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
she isn't showing yet but she is carrying peanuts somewhere
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
02-08-2017, 07:56 AM - 2 Likes   #1219
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
One finally decided to try the crunchy peanut butter and grabbed a hunk off the cheater branch I put up two days ago.
Nice shooting...he eats like a sloppy pig! Otis will be so proud of him!

she isn't showing yet but she is carrying peanuts somewhere
Nice shot! Maybe she is carrying them off for a mate...Valentines Day is very near?

Newest recruit in the Army of Otis.....he is so proud!

Right away he spotted a stray cat.

Just before he attacked...

Otis was busy or he would have pitched in and helped...

I can't show the fight and result here...it is just too gruesome....but I can tell you they had Catdip and corn chips last night as they watched a rerun of the Super Bowl at Army Headquarters in the Woods of Otis!

Regards!

02-08-2017, 08:08 AM   #1220
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

FYI:

My local tv listings (on two separate PBS channels) list at 7 PM central a show called Spy in the Wild and indicates that a grey squirrel steals the miniature video camera hidden in nut
02-08-2017, 08:37 AM   #1221
Veteran Member

one of my frustrations has been, why can felix roam the neighborhood slaughtering innocent wildlings but my beasts must restrain their base urges behind a fence?
02-08-2017, 08:39 AM   #1222
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

one of my frustrations has been, why can felix roam the neighborhood slaughtering innocent wildlings but my beasts must restrain their base urges behind a fence?
FYI

Cats kill more than one billion birds each year | Science News

Do We Really Know That Cats Kill By The Billions? Not So Fast : 13.7: Cosmos And Culture : NPR

How to Stop Cats from Killing Birds | Audubon

more people fear dog bites

dogs have killed people, house cats ???

ps I am a dog lover and owner, my wife owns the cat
02-08-2017, 10:03 AM   #1223
Veteran Member

had a job at a small farm north of one the towns I took care of

half a dozen barn cats on a railing at the front steps
two hit me at the first step...one in the chest and another took my hat off
the only thing weirder was was an attack pony some doper grazed in his yard

a few years ago a cat lady, east of here, was found dead in her living room
natural causes?
there wasn't enough left to tell

my advice to any elderly cat owner is to have automatic feeders

02-08-2017, 01:22 PM - 5 Likes   #1224
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

My wife was supposed to be on medical leave to recover from treatment, but they asked her to come in for a meeting today. I drove her there, and then during the meeting I wandered around with my camera {she works at a small college for women}. I managed to increment the shot counter by over forty, but here are some of the better pictures I took {I'll have another group ready later}

I saw this squirrel out in front of her building, then followed him back to a black walnut tree. I think I've met this guy before - he 's relatively friendly, and sometimes allowed me to come within six feet or less of him, although occasionally he'd dash up a tree for comfort.

I followed him around for almost an hour, but eventually he tired of entertaining me, so I moved on and found two other relatively friendly ones. The first one seems to be the sidewalk inspector, because he never got off the concrete for more than a few feet.

02-08-2017, 03:52 PM - 2 Likes   #1225
Veteran Member

snow again and everybody is testy
the jays are carrying sticks in their mouths
so either spring or sex is just around the corner

---------- Post added 02-08-17 at 04:55 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
My wife was supposed to be on medical leave to recover from treatment, but they asked her to come in for a meeting today. I drove her there, and then during the meeting I wandered around with my camera {she works at a small college for women}. I managed to increment the shot counter by over forty, but here are some of the better pictures I took {I'll have another group ready later}

I saw this squirrel out in front of her building, then followed him back to a black walnut tree. I think I've met this guy before - he 's relatively friendly, and sometimes allowed me to come within six feet or less of him, although occasionally he'd dash up a tree for comfort.

I followed him around for almost an hour, but eventually he tired of entertaining me, so I moved on and found two other relatively friendly ones. The first one seems to be the sidewalk inspector, because he never got off the concrete for more than a few feet.

that last shot is priceless

Last edited by ccc_; 01-02-2018 at 07:28 AM.
02-08-2017, 04:44 PM - 2 Likes   #1226
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Here are the remaining pictures from today. Just as I was getting ready to go inside for a restroom and warming stop, two squirrels went past me at very high speed and making a loud screeching noise; I followed them as best I could, then took a few more pictures of them high up in a tree. Afterwards i was thinking that a shutter speed higher than 1/750 might have been better, but I was already at an ISO setting of 3200, which is higher than I'm comfortable going with my K-30 ... our checkbook is already screaming, so I guess a K-70 is out for now.

02-08-2017, 07:16 PM   #1227
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

The first one is kinda cute and chubby, like me, although I am losing a few pounds lately.
😉
02-09-2017, 11:51 PM - 4 Likes   #1228
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Got two today. One went up the tree to check the peanut butter but I guess he still didn't like that I hadn't changed it to smooth. He came down the tree and before I could adjust the tripod head, he was gone.

Coming down the tree:

And he was gone:
02-10-2017, 12:08 PM - 2 Likes   #1229
Veteran Member

eight days since her dalliance on the stump our little vixen has swollen nipples and a slight paunch developing

she almost never feeds at the house but has been at the premium food twice since I've been home

with any luck we will have babies in another month or so
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
02-11-2017, 09:06 AM   #1230
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Wow! You guys have been busy over here! Some mighty fine stuff too! I have a few to post, as soon as I get through frying some bacon....I'm starving this morning!
Regards!