Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2017, 09:30 AM - 2 Likes   #1336
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Unusual looking squirrel but cute. Love the ear tuffs.

Some from my neck of the world. A few from this morning after I loaded the trees and feeder post with sap:

03-10-2017, 10:11 AM - 1 Like   #1337
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
A hello from Luxembourg !
Thanks for coming over FS! I know you have more squirrel shots, and they are most welcome here! If you perfect your moons shots to squirrel specifications, they are welcome too! Remember...if you can see any part of the moon, you failed!

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Some from my neck of the world. A few from this morning after I loaded the trees and feeder post with sap:
Love that last one Photolady...the anticipation on his face is priceless!

"The key to a happy life...Peanuts!"

Regards!
03-10-2017, 12:12 PM - 1 Like   #1338
Veteran Member

Original Poster
"All hell is going to bust out if I don't get a refill pronto!"

Regards!
03-10-2017, 12:13 PM   #1339
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thank you Rupert !

You're feeding them too much !

03-10-2017, 12:35 PM - 3 Likes   #1340
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Otis, please forgive me, Rupert told me to post my little guy here.

When he grows up, he wants to be just like Otis!
03-10-2017, 07:59 PM   #1341
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Otis, please forgive me, Rupert told me to post my little guy here.
Otis wanted him here...he loves little Chippys and said yours were great shots of one! Some drunken squirrel said he "looked like a tiny skunk"....and Otis slapped him silly!

You're feeding them too much !
All your gourmet food shots make them hungry FS!...so it is mostly your fault they are fat as hogs!

Regards!
03-11-2017, 12:54 AM   #1342
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
"All hell is going to bust out if I don't get a refill pronto!"

Regards!
Don't you just hate slow service at these places that offer "all you can eat" -

There ought ta be a law or something

03-11-2017, 06:08 AM - 1 Like   #1343
Veteran Member

I'm actually embarrassed by how long I've been on this forum without posting a squirrel shot. Better late than never!

Taken with my FF-modified Pentax 60-250.
03-11-2017, 06:54 AM   #1344
Pentaxian

All your gourmet food shots make them hungry FS!...so it is mostly your fault they are fat as hogs!
Oops !
03-11-2017, 08:12 AM   #1345
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
A hello from Luxembourg !
"Have you seen birds lately ?!"
Great colors, great pose, sharp and I adore the hair on the ears.

Wonderful shot in every way!
03-11-2017, 08:16 AM   #1346
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
There ought ta be a law or something
Squirrels don't follow laws, they just throw their empty beer bottles and bust out your windows if your service is "too damn slow".

QuoteOriginally posted by dave2k Quote
I'm actually embarrassed by how long I've been on this forum without posting a squirrel shot.
Otis said he forgives you, but to prevent retaliation by his Giant Army, you must do better in the future, so don't be a stranger here!
Better late than never! He did love your shot too...and asks if you are responsible for that Big Fellow being so damn healthy looking? Maybe he will bring his Army to your place for dinner?

Oops !
You can make up for it with your moon shots...they make them nauseous for days...won't eat a damn thing!

Regards!...Thanks to everyone here that keeps this neat thread going strong....bring your friends...we never get too many handsome squirrel shots!

NOTE:
Otis says that posting these fine squirrels is wonderful.....but keeping them well fed with gourmet feed is even better! Get some black oil sunflower seeds, and some roasted peanuts and "get busy"! Cold beer is great to wash down a good meal.....he said he was "just sayin' "
03-11-2017, 08:54 AM - 1 Like   #1347
Veteran Member

I find it amazing what goes on just outside my windows

on the way to the coffee pot I spied my favorite squirrel couple in a very passionate public display of affection
rather than intrude I filled my cup

upon my return I discovered our young man had ascended the tree to nowhere where he seemed to engage in some post-coital reverie
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
03-11-2017, 10:01 AM - 1 Like   #1348
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ccc_ Quote
upon my return I discovered our young man had ascended the tree to nowhere where he seemed to engage in some post-coital reverie
Otis says he is thinking of the future when her belly starts to swell.....and how to avoid the responsibility. Otis said a good line to use is...."I never had sex with that squirrel"...and hope she doesn't have a dress in the closet somewhere to prove otherwise!

Can you guys help me? Not mental health help, that is not possible...but I have a squirrel question I can't answer?

This little guy showed up a few weeks ago. He is totally out of place here and though he looks like a Fox Squirrel, he is much more red, is of a more stocky and muscular build and is extremely active, not laid back and lazy like the rest of the squirrels are most of the time. He is not super aggressive and the other regular Army squirrels easily back him down in confrontations...even the young ones....(of course they are all trained in deadly paw to paw contact.)

Red, big and strong.....where did he come from? I have seen a few Kansas squirrels posted that look similar..is it possible that he hopped a freight train and came here for the plentiful feed? Are more on the way? Will there be a squirrel war? So many questions....???

You have any answers?

Regards!
03-11-2017, 10:13 AM   #1349
Veteran Member

Otis says he is thinking of the future when her belly starts to swell.....and how to avoid the responsibility. Otis said a good line to use is...."I never had sex with that squirrel"...and hope she doesn't have a dress in the closet somewhere to prove otherwise!

Can you guys help me? Not mental health help, that is not possible...but I have a squirrel question I can't answer?

This little guy showed up a few weeks ago. He is totally out of place here and though he looks like a Fox Squirrel, he is much more red, is of a more stocky and muscular build and is extremely active, not laid back and lazy like the rest of the squirrels are most of the time. He is not super aggressive and the other regular Army squirrels easily back him down in confrontations...even the young ones....(of course they are all trained in deadly paw to paw contact.)

Red, big and strong.....where did he come from? I have seen a few Kansas squirrels posted that look similar..is it possible that he hopped a freight train and came here for the plentiful feed? Are more on the way? Will there be a squirrel war? So many questions....???

You have any answers?

Regards!
our fox squirrels are much larger than yours and somewhat larger than mr. fox's
(if the images are good indicators)

our black squirrels have two possible origins (according to our wildlife mgmt. people)
iowa...melanistic grey squirrels
Kansas...melanistic fox squirrels

we've had both kinds in the neighborhood
both are noticeably smaller that our natives

I suspect you have your answer and it is gratifying to know that everything isn't BIGGER in texas
03-11-2017, 10:26 AM - 2 Likes   #1350
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ccc_ Quote
I suspect you have your answer and it is gratifying to know that everything isn't BIGGER in texas
I don't think I'd go that far........and she was just a baby!

Regards!