Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2016, 09:13 PM   #256
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I hope that baby is ok, it's eyes arn't even open yet. Hope the fall didn't do any harm.

02-28-2016, 10:26 PM   #257
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I hope baby squirrel is ok too, from what I figure it fell about 15'-20' from the nest. Will be watching for them now. Guess I need to read up on squirrels.
03-02-2016, 03:05 PM - 1 Like   #258
Pentaxian

Into every sunny day, a few squirrels must impinge upon your consciousness.

03-04-2016, 09:43 AM   #259
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
While photographing the birds I see a squirrel dash down the tree, do a frantic dash over and around several large potted plants, it then picked up something from behind a clump of plants and quickly went back up the large pine. At first I thought it was carrying a large pine cone but upon further inspection..... Wow baby fell out of nest and needed rescued!
Wonderful that you could capture this. The squirrel in action deserves the highest Otis Award...but since you documented the save, he says the award is yours! Very honorable squirrel service you performed...Otis thanks you with all his little heart and Big Brain!

Remember...this award is worth 10X any other Otis Award...so save it for the time Otis calls for those with his Awards!

QuoteOriginally posted by Quartermaster James Quote
Well, sadly my local squirrel just got deported.
Tell us your story, maybe I can ship you a crate full of replacements?

---------- Post added 03-04-16 at 10:49 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Into every sunny day, a few squirrels must impinge upon your consciousness.
Damn Norm...I thought you were through with squirrels? Otis is happy to see some nice words about the little critters and hopes you have had an "awakening" and not just reacting to threats by his Northern Army Division? Otis still likes you Norm, but the truth is, he does like your Doggies better! He likes them better than me too....so once again, we are in the same boat!

The 2nd shot is perfect....love the little snaggle tooth!
Regards!

03-04-2016, 12:02 PM   #260
Pentaxian

I just noticed this is for non-Pentax cameras.... blasphemy.
03-04-2016, 02:42 PM   #261
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
non-Pentax cameras
Like Hoya and Ricoh??
03-04-2016, 02:51 PM   #262
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Like Hoya and Ricoh??
We're easy here...if it is a squirrel it makes no difference what camera shot it. Squirrels are handsome with any camera.......mostly!

Regards!

03-04-2016, 03:29 PM   #263
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
if it is a squirrel
Sadly all my squirrels have bugged out! Haven't seen a one in two weeks. I think they're camera shy.
03-04-2016, 03:43 PM   #264
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Sadly all my squirrels have bugged out! Haven't seen a one in two weeks. I think they're camera shy.
Let's hope.....better than if they are planning something...if you know what I mean? Last time mine disappeared for a few days I got in my Jeep and everything was dead......yep, they had built a nest and eaten away the wiring harness.

Regards!
03-04-2016, 06:45 PM   #265
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Let's hope.....better than if they are planning something...if you know what I mean? Last time mine disappeared for a few days I got in my Jeep and everything was dead......yep, they had built a nest and eaten away the wiring harness.

Regards!
Rupert, my hubby and I had an old truck sitting at his parents' the last couple of years. We were waiting to get it fixed up for my son. Last weekend, we got out there and got it done. The guys popped the hood and found a squirrel's nest, a bunch of acorns, and chewed wires. I actually thought of you in that moment. Can you believe I forgot to take a picture- what was I thinking?

You all have some fine squirrel shots in here!
03-04-2016, 06:47 PM   #266
Pentaxian

We're easy here...if it is a squirrel it makes no difference what camera shot it. Squirrels are handsome with any camera.......mostly!

Regards!
Well then, a K-3 squirrel.
03-05-2016, 01:18 AM - 1 Like   #267
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

celluloid squirrel

digital squirrel

03-05-2016, 10:56 AM - 1 Like   #268
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
Rupert, my hubby and I had an old truck sitting at his parents' the last couple of years. We were waiting to get it fixed up for my son. Last weekend, we got out there and got it done. The guys popped the hood and found a squirrel's nest, a bunch of acorns, and chewed wires. I actually thought of you in that moment. Can you believe I forgot to take a picture- what was I thinking?

You all have some fine squirrel shots in here!
A couple of old socks filled with moth balls will do the trick. Tie them under the hood...we are in the breeding season! If you get one immune to moth ball aroma....you'll have to trap her. Be very careful, they are like a rabid pit bull when trapped!

Well then, a K-3 squirrel.
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
celluloid squirrel
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
digital squirrel
K3, celluolid, digital...whatever! Otis thanks you for the handsome squirrel shots and reminds....."We have plenty of birds, too many people, landscapes galore, but never too many handsome squirrels!"

Regards!
03-05-2016, 05:21 PM   #269
Pentaxian

I see you.

03-07-2016, 02:23 PM   #270
Pentaxian

Every picture still has snow in the background.

It was such a dull slow day, even the squirrels had trouble keeping their eyes open.