Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2016, 09:45 AM   #691
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Nice shot Photolady! Congrats on the new to you K10D ....a camera I truly loved! It is now a classic and almost a cult camera.....with good reason!

Regards!

BTW- Shave off that tail hair and you will have a "yard rat"! I don't think Otis would appreciate my comment.....
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I think you're thinking is wrong, even with a shaved tail these guys are much cuter than any rat I've ever seen.
Yeah, with yours that may be true, but Rupert's comment is exactly what I thought when I first saw the black squirrel I photographed in Quebec.

07-07-2016, 08:49 PM   #692
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
This little guy says he wants to look like a big hog wen he grows up!

Regards!
07-09-2016, 11:05 AM - 1 Like   #693
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Smile

Gave my Leica R4 an outing with the 250 f4 and Ilford HP5. The sign at the feeder says "Squirrels Only" but this girl claims she can't read. But she has twins, so we'll excuse her big appetite.
Name:  Smile.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  210.7 KB
07-09-2016, 12:27 PM   #694
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
OH no, it's taking on a life of it's own.... and become the post your squirrel shot's thread.

How about a flying squirrel...

Do chipmunks count?

I got more, but it's getting late.

Too bad i was away for the big thing-a-ma-jig.
wow...

07-10-2016, 02:45 PM - 2 Likes   #695
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TomB_tx Quote
Gave my Leica R4 an outing with the 250 f4 and Ilford HP5. The sign at the feeder says "Squirrels Only" but this girl claims she can't read. But she has twins, so we'll excuse her big appetite.
I got a link to the Raw file...man alive, she really did flatten out that squirrel!

Name:  Deer.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  300.0 KB

Regards!
07-10-2016, 04:33 PM   #696
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I got a link to the Raw file...man alive, she really did flatten out that squirrel!

Attachment 317484

Regards!
Impressive post-pressing display!
07-10-2016, 07:40 PM   #697
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

You're a riot Rupert!

More for you:

07-11-2016, 07:49 AM   #698
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
More for you:
That is a handsome little fellow! Nice shooting too!

The Woods of Otis are constantly monitored by "Guard Duty" squirrels. I seldom venture out there for fear they will sound an alarm and the Attack Squirrels will be on me in no time. Last time I was out there to pick up some trash that blew in one of them was high up in a big oak tree and peed on my head....no kidding!

Even at ISO 12800 they can see you clearly if you trespass into their territory....

Regards!
07-13-2016, 12:15 PM   #699

Acquired a Minty SMC Pentax 200mm F2.5, even thru the double pane window its still sharp enough to tell this is a boy squirrel....
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
07-13-2016, 03:29 PM - 1 Like   #700
Pentaxian

Squirrels of the afternoon. One of the little guys grew a pee pee.

07-13-2016, 07:43 PM   #701
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

07-14-2016, 04:42 AM   #702
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JML69 Quote
even thru the double pane window its still sharp enough to tell this is a boy squirrel....
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
One of the little guys grew a pee pee.
All you guys better beware, if you start posting "nasty" stuff Photolady will get you....so don't say I didn't warn you.

Your shots are impressive, but your squirrel's manliness falls far short of Otis' dad, Festus Squirrel.

Regards!
07-14-2016, 10:14 AM - 1 Like   #703
Pentaxian

Yesterday while on my regular walk, I saw a squirrel doing what my twenty-something daughter calls "playing Froggy" {i.e., trying to cross a busy road without being run over}; at the moment, I wished I had a useful camera {my cell phone is way wide angle} with me, so today I took my Q-7 kit with me, with the 06 (FF equiv 70-210mm) mounted. Of course, no squirrel braved the busy road today, but I did see this one in a nearby yard. Normally one of these fox squirrels will look quickly and then dash up the tree,

but this one posed, so I took another one

and when it was still there, patiently waiting, I mounted the Tamron Adaptall #59A (FF equiv 130-330mm) I also had with me, and it patiently waited as I figured out how to manually focus the lens {at first I had it in macro-mode} ... but I did finally get this third picture [note: for display here, the 06 images are cropped more than the #59A one is, of course]

I definitely need more practice in focusing the #59A {for one thing, I discovered later that I hadn't expanded my Hoodman quite all the way, so my view was a tad blurry by definition}, and I probably should have lowered my 68-year-old body to take this last picture ... but I like it anyway {especially the way the tail looks}

Last edited by reh321; 07-14-2016 at 10:21 AM.
07-15-2016, 05:33 AM   #704
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Yesterday while on my regular walk
Those are very nice shots. All in their natural settings...I like that!

My squirrels are not posing much lately, they are demanding ice cold beer in proportions that I am not willing to supply. The heat is awesome bad this year around here. I try to get them to drink water, but they claim "water is for sissies".

Regards!
07-15-2016, 10:26 AM   #705
Pentaxian

Those are very nice shots. All in their natural settings...I like that!

My squirrels are not posing much lately, they are demanding ice cold beer in proportions that I am not willing to supply. The heat is awesome bad this year around here. I try to get them to drink water, but they claim "water is for sissies".
I've stopped putting food on our squirrel feeder, and put a container of water instead, in case ours becomes desperate.