Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3077 Likes Search this Thread
04-19-2017, 09:06 PM   #1456
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Thanks!

I've contacted Rupert to ask if he's okay and when we can expect him to pop back in here. I told him about our posting squirrel shots here since he's been out of pocket. Hopefully, he'll be back soon. His last time online was 4/4/2017.
What happened to him recently? My thought was he's currently at the fully isolated place that without any internet access

04-19-2017, 09:09 PM   #1457
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxians Quote
What happened to him recently? My thought was he's currently at the fully isolated place that without any internet access
I'm not entirely sure what happened to him this last time. That's why I contacted him via his email instead of through a PM. We'll just have to wait and see what happened. I'm hoping he's not ill or anything like that. May be he just needed a break from online and the forum for now.
04-20-2017, 08:00 AM - 2 Likes   #1458
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My Friend Chip 4-20-2017 Pentax K110D with SMC Pentax-FA 135mm 2.8
Attached Images

04-20-2017, 08:00 AM - 2 Likes   #1459
Pentaxian

I'm not entirely sure what happened to him this last time. That's why I contacted him via his email instead of through a PM. We'll just have to wait and see what happened. I'm hoping he's not ill or anything like that. May be he just needed a break from online and the forum for now.
Thanks photolady! Hope that Rupert is doing fine and we are waiting for him to be back

Otis is eagerly waiting Rupert to be back

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
04-20-2017, 09:13 AM   #1460
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxians Quote
Nice shots David and photolady!
Thank you. Lot's of great shots here. I think some would say any picture with a squirrel is a nice shot.
04-20-2017, 09:38 AM - 2 Likes   #1461
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
it is still raining and cold

at least no hawks, though a pair of vultures made everybody nervous
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by ccc_; 04-20-2017 at 04:56 PM.
04-21-2017, 09:33 AM   #1462
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Rupert........ isn't.......... coming........back. I just had an email from him and he said he won't be back until there are no squirrel haters on this forum. But he said for us to keep photographing and posting squirrels in here for as long as we want.

04-21-2017, 09:56 AM   #1463
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are always going to be people who hate something you like in any group of humans. Usually the group doesn't have to be any bigger than one's immediate family, so expecting no people like that in an international assemblage like this forum is an unrealistic expectation. I don't think I ever saw a squirrel hater deter a squirrel for very long. I fear that most self-respecting squirrels would call that "nuts."
04-21-2017, 10:51 AM   #1464
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

????????

I think he will be missed

I hope he reconsiders

but life (and squirrels) will go on
04-21-2017, 07:07 PM   #1465
Pentaxian

???????

I haven't seen any virtual mobs going after squirrels.

??????

Personally, I'm going to photograph birds when I see them and squirrels when I see them; others can do what seems appropriate to them.
04-21-2017, 07:43 PM - 1 Like   #1466
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I haven't seen any virtual mobs going after squirrels.
Not mobs but some people don't like looking at numerous squirrel shots posted in certain areas of the forums here. And they complain.

Anyway, I too will continue to shoot my squirrels and my birds and I will continue to post here.

As an aside, there are people on this forum that don't like seeing macro shots either so I don't understand the aversion to squirrel shots. To me macro shots are no different than squirrel or birds or any other shots.
04-22-2017, 02:59 AM - 3 Likes   #1467
Forum Member

If they don't like looking, nothing forces it on them. On the other side of the ledger, some of us get a lot of enjoyment from these pictures.
Well, thanks to all who posted here. I got a great kick from everyone's squirrels. Rupert, hope to see you again, and thanks for all the tips on the 50-500.
04-22-2017, 07:03 AM   #1468
Pentaxian

Not mobs but some people don't like looking at numerous squirrel shots posted in certain areas of the forums here. And they complain.

Anyway, I too will continue to shoot my squirrels and my birds and I will continue to post here.

As an aside, there are people on this forum that don't like seeing macro shots either so I don't understand the aversion to squirrel shots. To me macro shots are no different than squirrel or birds or any other shots.
I think I understand here - the important words are "numerous squirrel shots posted in certain areas of the forums here"

Two years ago, early in my days here at PF, I put up feeders in our back yard, partly because my wife is a bird-watcher, and partly to give me experience in photographing birds. When I looked out there, most of the time what I saw was not birds.

I had to admire the cleverness of this fellow mammal {after I made one change, my wife said "she and her friends are probably back at the white board figuring a new attack"}. I put out corn for her, but she simply added corn to the stuff she was taking from the bird-feeder. Eventually I purchased some professionally-crafted items, and a more-or-less truce has existed for the past two winters {although even today she runs as soon as she sees me, so I can take pictures of her only from behind the glass of our den's window}.

In the middle of all of this, Otis made an appearance in a thread in some other part of the PF; he is totally at-home in this thread built for him by Rupert, but he was totally out-of-place in that other thread. After some very heated comments, that entire sub-thread of that thread was pruned by a moderator. In fact, I believe that happened several times.

It is all a matter of context.
04-22-2017, 07:25 AM   #1469
Pentaxian

Rupert........ isn't.......... coming........back. I just had an email from him and he said he won't be back until there are no squirrel haters on this forum. But he said for us to keep photographing and posting squirrels in here for as long as we want.
Thanks for the update and it's so sad news that Rupert isn't coming back.

I am really hope that Rupert can reconsider and making a come back with more squirrels shots. As a Nature photographers it's hard to think that there are some squirrel haters out there, perhaps Rupert can click on the ignore button (of those squirrel haters) if their comments are really bothering too much...
04-22-2017, 07:55 AM - 1 Like   #1470
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
That is too bad. I enjoyed the antics of Otis and friends.

I always thought Rupert's stories should be compiled in a book. Not a children's book though. With a title like, "Otis and Friends: The Stories of a Beer Drinking Squirrel".