04-22-2017, 08:07 AM - 2 Likes   #1471
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
pity, its is/was for me one of the reasons to be on this forum

04-22-2017, 08:44 AM - 3 Likes   #1472
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Love those ears, Franc. TFS

I started posting in here a year ago because this being the best place to post my squirrel shots. This thread gets more action and positive comments than PYP. Rupert's posts of Otis and family is great. The stories he tells with each of his shots just amaze me how he comes up with some of these. Rupert as a person is what we call "a good one to ride the river with" and I miss him being here.

Here's one from today after I put the sap out.
04-22-2017, 02:32 PM   #1473
Veteran Member

you lookin' at me?

a new young male who isn't sure about the boundaries he requires
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
04-23-2017, 04:06 AM   #1474
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Rupert has been sighted. He posted in this thread yesterday:

why I won't buy a k3 (Warning: Satire Thread) - Page 2359 - PentaxForums.com

04-23-2017, 04:18 AM - 4 Likes   #1475
Pentaxian

04-23-2017, 04:26 AM   #1476
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

nice photos

however, something about most of these European cousins remind me of Don King

don king - Google Search

can't quite figure out why

I'm "listening" for suggestions if anyone has any
04-23-2017, 05:13 AM   #1477
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

who copied whom

this first photo of the squirrel reminds me of an image of a swirling cape and the second photo is the squirrel in his/her full glory

https://i2.wp.com/journal.styleforum.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Capa-esp...23%2C958&ssl=1

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
04-23-2017, 08:26 AM - 2 Likes   #1478
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
"Someone lookin' for me?"

"I've been sitting here night and day for two weeks waiting for that wonderful sap to flow from the spout. I heard it rumbling in the trunk of the Peanut Tree, but it just won't come out. I'm thinking dynamite might do the trick?"

Friends and squirrel posters here, I have missed you guys/girls! I take note of the kind words you have posted and appreciate your loyalty to this thread even without me. Some fine shots have been posted in my absence...all squirrel shots are wonderful!

Yes, there are a few, very few, "Squirrel Haters". I know we all regret that but must move ahead and not let them ruin our fun or blot out our squirrels.We should not be confrontational if we can avoid it, but we should educate and enlighten to the contributions squirrels make at PF and in the world. (Overlooking the time they ate up the wiring harness in my Jeep at great expense....twice.)

Otis would like to personally invite you to join in his Otis Appreciation Society and make squirrels more visible throughout the Forum as you post in various places.

So what is it and what is it about? Well, it is not about appreciating Otis or his Giant Army (though he won't mind if you do!)
It is about being a part of a society that furthers the good and wonderful things about PForums. Like helping new Forum Members get started, welcoming them, helping to answer their questions when you can, and making them feel welcome and included. It is about being more active in replying to the post of others, giving them recognition of their efforts and including them in your conversations. No one wants to post in a vacuum...we can help when we see an opportunity to do so.
If you have a little spare pocket change, it will always hep a regular Pentaxian to donate and upgrade them to a higher status. That does not go unappreciated and will help them be more active and feel more included here. Not a mandatory condition, we don't all have the deep pockets of Otis.....but if you can, it will always make someone have a better day....and you will too!

If you would like to add the Otis Appreciation Society seal to your signature, and can use it to bring respect and good will to the cause, feel free to add it to your signature. Otis would be most appreciative.......me too!

Need help in adding it? Contact me or Mark Jerling, we will help you, it's easy! Mark was the originator of the seal and the Otis Appreciation Society, a great guy and friend to all here.

Best Regards!
Rupert
04-23-2017, 03:06 PM   #1479
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Here's one from today after I put the sap out.
Otis saw that and his heart raced so fast he had to take a 30 minute break to recover. Asked me a dozen times for your address....!

"Here I am waiting for the sap to flow, but out at Photolady's place it is everywhere...it isn't fair!"

Regards!
04-23-2017, 03:16 PM - 1 Like   #1480
Veteran Member

we were sitting outside watching the finches sort out their love life
sam growled and her head snapped up...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
04-23-2017, 05:58 PM   #1481
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ccc_ Quote
a new young male who isn't sure about the boundaries he requires
Apparently he isn't concerned about his belly boundaries!

QuoteOriginally posted by ccc_ Quote
we were sitting outside watching the finches sort out their love life
sam growled and her head snapped up...
So he is a "Peeper"?

Nice shots you posted, keep them coming!

@Franc - Love that little guy......the "Lookout" shot is just dandy!

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
this first photo of the squirrel reminds me of an image of a swirling cape
Nice work, they do like to show off their fancy tails!

Regards!

I'm gonna be gone again a few days so you guys keep those squirrel shots coming as always! Going out to Big Bend in far west Texas. There are a few squirrels in the mountains, maybe I will get a shot or two if I am lucky? They are a different species out there, smaller and more aloof than the crew around here. Pretty hard to get a decent shot of them.
04-24-2017, 06:06 AM   #1482
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Leaving out this morning for a little vacation a few days. Here is something I have been thinking about and some of you might want to check it out.
My squirrels love bacon....crispy bacon, well drained. They crave it. I seldom give them any, but when I do they drop everything else for it. I am wondering if all squirrels love bacon? We don't think of them as meat eaters, but why not? The eat car wiring (I know from experience!) seen photos of car fenders and plastic trim, parts of houses, and even steel cables that hold up bird feeders chewed to bits. So I guess bacon is as tasty to them as it is to us?

Best Regards!
04-24-2017, 06:25 AM   #1483
Pentaxian

Have a good vacation Rupert and back with more lovely squirrels pictures.

04-24-2017, 06:47 AM   #1484
Veteran Member

Hi, guys. Great looking squirrels, as always. I've mentioned before we don't get a lot of squirrels at our house. We've started to see a few lately. Unfortunately, the cat has taken notice too. We had to save this little guy from the cat. His foot is injured, and he can't get up the tree. Trying to give him a safe place while he recovers. He's kind of scared and doesn't want to eat. I've had to give him peanut butter and water from a syringe the past two days. He has a buffet of cracked corn, peanuts, apples, and peanut butter in his cage. Hopefully, he will start eating on his own soon. As soon as he can get up a tree, I'll set him free in a cat-free zone.
Oh, and sorry for the quality. These are iPhone photos. My husband took the first one since I was holding the squirrel.

---------- Post added 04-24-17 at 07:51 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Leaving out this morning for a little vacation a few days. Here is something I have been thinking about and some of you might want to check it out.
My squirrels love bacon....crispy bacon, well drained. They crave it. I seldom give them any, but when I do they drop everything else for it. I am wondering if all squirrels love bacon? We don't think of them as meat eaters, but why not? The eat car wiring (I know from experience!) seen photos of car fenders and plastic trim, parts of houses, and even steel cables that hold up bird feeders chewed to bits. So I guess bacon is as tasty to them as it is to us?

Best Regards!
Have a great vacation, Rupert!

Last edited by TinaS; 04-24-2017 at 07:06 AM.
04-24-2017, 08:29 AM   #1485
Veteran Member

Care of the Wild Feathered & Furred: Treating and Feeding Injured Birds and Animals: Mae Hickman, Maxine Guy: 9780935576535: amazon.com: Books?tag=pentaxforums-20&
Rescuing Wildlife: A Guide to Helping Injured & Orphaned Animals: Peggy Hentz: 9780811735889: amazon.com: Books?tag=pentaxforums-20&

we've used these two books for many years

our oldest boy still tries to save every creature he finds in distress (he's almost 40)
using these books we've set wings and legs and cured some nasty infections

our vet did convince us that most wounds could heal faster with just saline solution irrigation and open air than anything else (if nothing was broken)
of course he was proved correct

just be careful...squirrels can tear you up if they are frightened

good luck to you