Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2018, 08:11 AM   #2221
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Wire mesh is your friend! Excellent for stopping up those annoying squirrel-sized gaps...

09-22-2018, 08:25 AM   #2222
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
When I got sick back in May, my squirrels started coming inside the house. They found a hole in the screen where the exhaust fan was in the kitchen and proceeded to help themselves to my nephews bread. Then they would travel through the house to my bedroom looking for me. I was too sick to get up to feed them. This is why when I came home after my ill fated trip to Jacksonville my brothers said I couldn't feed my squirrels any more. I said if I fed them they wouldn't do that, and they said what if I got sick again they would try again to come in the house, I said not if you feed them. They vetoed that idea. Boy's are brats!! Especially brothers!! LOL
Our area is so verdant right now that when I put some regular sweet corn out {left over from our dinner} the animals just ignored it. I don't know what would have happened if I gave them a regular supply of peanuts .... I won't put anything else out until after the hard freeze in another month or so.

I'm going to a city park this afternoon, where people regularly put food out for ducks, to see if those squirrels are acclimated to people, or whether they're happy with all the food nature provides at this time of year.
09-22-2018, 09:27 AM   #2223
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

My other problem is, my car is gone now. I have no vehicle of my own and have to depend on others to go any where at least until January. I had to leave my car in Jacksonville when it broke down on the way out and too expensive to have it towed here. So last week I sent the signed title and keys to my granddaughter to have her send off the title to have it put in her name. So she could sell it or junk it which ever she preferred and keep the money from it to help them out a bit. It was costing me too much money to having to get it fixed anyway. This time around I'm looking for a small pickup truck, something on the lines of a Dodge Dakota, or a Fleetside Chevy S-10. I'd prefer the Dodge and I do not like Ford.
09-22-2018, 10:17 AM   #2224
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
My other problem is, my car is gone now. I have no vehicle of my own and have to depend on others to go any where at least until January. I had to leave my car in Jacksonville when it broke down on the way out and too expensive to have it towed here. So last week I sent the signed title and keys to my granddaughter to have her send off the title to have it put in her name. So she could sell it or junk it which ever she preferred and keep the money from it to help them out a bit. It was costing me too much money to having to get it fixed anyway. This time around I'm looking for a small pickup truck, something on the lines of a Dodge Dakota, or a Fleetside Chevy S-10. I'd prefer the Dodge and I do not like Ford.
You've had a really mediocre year.

Maybe the squirrels' intent in getting in was to encourage you ...

You certainly need, and deserve, that.

09-22-2018, 11:32 AM - 2 Likes   #2225
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My backyard friends
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-G7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DMC-G7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DMC-G7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DMC-G7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DMC-G7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DMC-G7  Photo 
09-22-2018, 01:27 PM   #2226
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by blumoon722 Quote
My backyard friends
Must be friends - look a lot closer than any squirrels allow me to get.
09-22-2018, 05:51 PM   #2227
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Every evening we, my brother and nephew and I sit out on our carport and talk and enjoy the breeze. I heard a crash and looked up, one of my squirrel friends had chewed through a palm frond and dropped it on the drive way. I think he was trying to tell me something. "Peanuts, or the next one falls on your head." LOL

09-27-2018, 06:42 AM   #2228
Pentaxian

During my walk a couple of days ago I saw at least a dozen squirrels {usually I see one or two in the distance}; in a few cases, I was even able to get close enough to photograph them - they must be really busy in their jobs of planting oak trees. This must be their "tax season" {what my wife, the daughter of a CPA, calls the season when all members of a profession are busy at the same time}.
Attached Images

09-27-2018, 02:55 PM   #2229
Pentaxian

From today.

09-27-2018, 03:00 PM   #2230
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Does this count?

09-27-2018, 05:26 PM   #2231
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Does this count?

Amazing detail on that tail fur.
09-27-2018, 11:32 PM   #2232
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Amazing detail on that tail fur.
I guess that's a yes
09-28-2018, 05:11 PM   #2233
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Does this count?
That is the other half of a body not covered by a portrait {and for a squirrel, the most attractive part is the tail}
09-28-2018, 10:20 PM   #2234
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Not exactly squirrels

Wildlife from our garden that I like to think Rupert would have enjoyed observing and catching with his camera.

KIT: 645Z with FA120mm
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 
09-29-2018, 02:38 AM   #2235
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Looky what I found in the backyard yesterday.

He scampered away right after this: