Day 2:

03-04-2019, 12:23 PM - 2 Likes   #2387
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Squirrel not pictured.

Missed him by this > < much.
Attached Images

Last edited by Perfessor5646; 03-04-2019 at 01:24 PM.
03-04-2019, 10:36 PM - 1 Like   #2388
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Day 4:

Day 3, didn't come out so good I had to do a b/w because he wouldn't come out of the shade and the bright, bright sunlight was just too much bright.

Once I finish the month out, I'll post the extras I got too.
03-05-2019, 10:15 AM - 5 Likes   #2389
Pentaxian

not quite "Moose and Squirrel"

I looked out the window today and saw deer and squirrel eating together. The squirrel acted nervous when the deer became interested in the actual squirrel feeder, but she lost interest, and they went back to their meal together. Rupert did view deer as cousins to squirrels.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
03-06-2019, 02:44 PM - 2 Likes   #2390
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Another day, another lens test - this time one that's actually useful for squirrels, a Sigma 100-300.

Full size images (several more fairly similar) are in my cumulative album of squirrel shots here:

Squirrels | Flickr
03-06-2019, 03:42 PM - 2 Likes   #2391
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Smart squirrels know it’s safer in my front yard than at the dog park.

Except for the Red Tailed Hawk that one time and me with my camera in a camera bag. OTOH, I’ve never seen a dog actually catch a squirrel at the dog park. I think I have dog stalking squirrel photos somewhere. What did I file them under? Overly optimistic pets? Mammals that taunt other mammals? Ah, well...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
03-06-2019, 08:16 PM   #2392
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Perfessor5646 Quote
Except for the Red Tailed Hawk that one time and me with my camera in a camera bag. OTOH, I’ve never seen a dog actually catch a squirrel at the dog park. I think I have dog stalking squirrel photos somewhere. What did I file them under? Overly optimistic pets? Mammals that taunt other mammals? Ah, well...
As I arrived at work one day {I was teaching part time at a local college}, I watched a hawk chase a squirrel around a very bushy tree - he left just as hungry as he arrived, but lower in energy. The only "camera" I had with me was my smart phone - that is when I started carrying my Q-7 + 06 lens with me.

03-06-2019, 08:24 PM - 3 Likes   #2393
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I've missed the last two days. I can't seem to get the squirrels to come back to the backyard again. I guess I'm going to have to throw out some peanuts and sunflower seeds like I did before, brothers like it or not, too bad, my squirrels need to eat. And I need photos.
03-07-2019, 11:20 AM - 2 Likes   #2394
Pentaxian

On the importance of studying squirrels.
Young squirrels that inherit pine-cone caches from their elders tend to win at life: study | The Star
03-07-2019, 11:31 AM - 2 Likes   #2395
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A squirrel for Rupert

This one is a sunflower seed hound.

K-3 with Pentax 67 200mm f 4.0
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
03-08-2019, 06:10 AM   #2396
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I've missed the last two days. I can't seem to get the squirrels to come back to the backyard again. I guess I'm going to have to throw out some peanuts and sunflower seeds like I did before, brothers like it or not, too bad, my squirrels need to eat. And I need photos.
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
brothers like it or not, too bad, my squirrels need to eat.
Why do your brothers object to you feeding the squirrels?
03-08-2019, 08:40 AM   #2397
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by blumoon722 Quote
Because they're old and grouchy, Really because last year I had a seizure and ended up in hospital and couldn't feed them anymore. The squirrels started coming into the house to feed themselves. They came in a helped themselves to my nephew's bread supply, then they came in my room through my open window looking for me. It freaked out my nephew. Who of course told the story of the squirrels coming in the house to my brothers. So when they moved in here with me, they said I couldn't feed the squirrels anymore because of what happened then. But I got news for them, I'm not going to stop feeding my squirrels. The places the squirrels were getting in have been sealed up and the window they were getting into isn't mine anymore. Long story short, my younger brother, stole my room when I took a short vacation to Jacksonville, he moved in.
03-08-2019, 08:43 AM   #2398
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by blumoon722 Quote
I'm with you, photolady, and I hope you can prevail. I always enjoy seeing your pictures.

Our HOA made us take in the feeders last year due to a rat infestation in the neighborhood. Personally, I would have put up with the rats, but some people are deathly afraid of them.

Squirrel on feeder:

Rat under feeder:

03-08-2019, 08:47 AM - 1 Like   #2399
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Neuse River Sailor Quote
I'm with you, photolady, and I hope you can prevail. I always enjoy seeing your pictures.

Our HOA made us take in the feeders last year due to a rat infestation in the neighborhood. Personally, I would have put up with the rats, but some people are deathly afraid of them.

Squirrel on feeder:

Rat under feeder:
As my photos have shown, so far I've attracted deer and a raccoon - no rats so far.
03-08-2019, 08:51 AM - 1 Like   #2400
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I guess because Rat's are supposed to carry diseases, that's what makes people afraid. I quit being afraid of them after watching the movie, Ratatouille.

QuoteOriginally posted by Neuse River Sailor Quote
Thanks for that. I will prevail, they will not stop me. I can be as stubborn as they are, I'm they're little sister, or baby sister and what baby sister wants, baby sister gets. LOL