Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
06-04-2014, 03:18 PM   #61
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
What is very clueless is trolling a Pentax board when you obviously dislike everything about Pentax.
Jogiba likes Pentax lenses. Because there aren't any good lenses for his chosen platform.

Kinda like most Canon users...

06-04-2014, 04:12 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Guys, can we stand down on the insults and personal attacks, please?

We all share a common interest (photography), and I believe we are all Pentax lovers, otherwise we wouldn't be on this forum.
06-04-2014, 04:17 PM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
Don't really understand your point about the NEX though. I think you are on a rant there. Yes, it's "consumer grade" - so what? It sold very well. Even so, the Zeiss 24mm was one the first lenses released on the system. Sony then stopped releasing Zeiss lenses because they were planning the full frame line and they were saving Zeiss for that. They did release some rather nice E mount primes though - I love the 35mm and 50mm f1.8.
I say consumer grade because Sony never intended on making a FF NEX and the APS-C line was originally conceived and marketed as a move-up system for people who wanted something better than a P&S. The 24mm lens was released with the NEX-7 in 2011. Both the CZ 24 and the NEX-7 had delays and it was Spring of 2012 before they shipped in any quantity. The fist lenses for the NEX-3 & 5 were rather cheap in 2010.

I was following the A900 (waiting to see the replacement) and looking at moving to Sony when I read an interview from a Sony exec. about how they were moving resources from A-mount to design more E-mount lenses and they had been surprised by the demand for a premium NEX product. When I say Premium I mean high quality fast primes and not slow plastic zooms. I would consider the FE 55mm F/1.8 to be a premium optic. Not your typical soccer mom lens. When 3 billion people in the world live on less than $5.00 a day, $1,000 lenses are definitely premium items. I would consider the A7r to be a premium body. Its better than any Leica mirrorless in many ways.
06-04-2014, 04:20 PM   #64
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
My comment about YOU being pompous and needing to get a life still stands

---------- Post added 06-04-14 at 07:27 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Jogiba likes Pentax lenses. Because there aren't any good lenses for his chosen platform.

Kinda like most Canon users...
"The resolution test of the Leica DG Nocticron 42.5 mm f/1.2 Asph. P.O.I.S. was based on RAW files from the Olympus E-PL1. In the case of that body the highest results, reached by the best fixed focus lenses, amount to about 80 lpmm (and the record value of 82.6 lpmm belongs to the Voigtlander 0.95/25, with the Olympus 1.8/75 not far behind).The decency level is set near 44-45 lpmm."
Panasonic Leica DG Nocticron 42.5 mm f/1.2 Asph. P.O.I.S. review - Image resolution - Lenstip.com

06-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #65
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I say consumer grade because Sony never intended on making a FF NEX and the APS-C line was originally conceived and marketed as a move-up system for people who wanted something better than a P&S.
I think that's speculation on your part.

My understanding is different - Sony released the Zeiss 24mm and NEX7 very early on in the NEX history.

And the full frame bodies and lenses took years to develop, they didn't just appear overnight because Sony was "surprised by the demand". I know I was talking to Sony about their plans for full frame E-mount at least a year before the announcement, and they hinted to me even then that they have been working on something for quite some time. I gave them a list of features I would like to see in an FF NEX system, and I was very pleasantly surprised to see they have implemented nearly all of those features (of course, it wasn't just me - plenty of other people they spoke to gave them very similar feedback).

In the 6 months since the original announcement, Sony has managed to produce 3 FF E-mount bodies and no less than 5 FE lenses (with another two announced and coming soon). I don't know any camera company that has managed to pull that off, ever.

Last edited by Christine Tham; 06-04-2014 at 05:15 PM.
06-04-2014, 04:59 PM   #66
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote

---------- Post added 06-04-14 at 07:27 PM ----------

"The resolution test of the Leica DG Nocticron 42.5 mm f/1.2 Asph. P.O.I.S. was based on RAW files from the Olympus E-PL1. In the case of that body the highest results, reached by the best fixed focus lenses, amount to about 80 lpmm (and the record value of 82.6 lpmm belongs to the Voigtlander 0.95/25, with the Olympus 1.8/75 not far behind).The decency level is set near 44-45 lpmm."
Panasonic Leica DG Nocticron 42.5 mm f/1.2 Asph. P.O.I.S. review - Image resolution - Lenstip.com
I may be stuck in the past, but I would rather post photos taken with my gear, than photos of my gear.

06-04-2014, 05:14 PM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
I think that's speculation on your part.
And its speculation on your part that it was part of the master plan.

The way Sony bounces around its hard to believe they actually planned to put a FF sensor in an NEX mount. They don't act like a company with much of a plan other than make a bunch of different cameras and see what sells.

06-04-2014, 05:39 PM   #68
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
And its speculation on your part that it was part of the master plan.
LOL - that's true, I certainly don't think I know what Sony really thinks behind closed doors. Perhaps Sony really did listen to feedback that I (and others) have given them in the past, or perhaps it was a pure coincidence and overactive imagination on my part.

But does it really matter, as long as I get cameras in the end that fulfil my needs and desires?

And if Sony didn't have much of a plan as you seem to think, then all the more credit to them for being successful and increasing revenue in a declining market when others are cutting back R&D and jobs.
06-05-2014, 04:34 AM   #69
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I may be stuck in the past, but I would rather post photos taken with my gear, than photos of my gear.

Your camera takes photos ? Wow !