Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-25-2014, 05:46 PM   #361
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 574
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
, but I think they have no idea what flare means.
True. Even if you don't see it it can reduce contrast and give a slight haze over the whole frame ala the Fuji x100.

No idea of the magnitude of the D750 issue. Speaking to flare in general.

12-26-2014, 12:45 PM   #362
Veteran Member
neostyles's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 445
On a different note, what could you be shooting where 25 raw files isnt enough?
01-09-2015, 06:42 PM   #363
Veteran Member
neostyles's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 445
D750 beats the 5dmkiii for noise and dynamic range
01-10-2015, 01:00 AM   #364
Senior Member
akanarya's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Çankırı, Turkey
Posts: 210
Nikon will start to fix the flare problem by the end of Jan;

Nikon to start fixing the D750 reflection/flare issue at the end of January | Nikon Rumors

01-10-2015, 05:15 PM   #365
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 6,615
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by akanarya Quote
Nikon will start to fix the flare problem by the end of Jan;

Nikon to start fixing the D750 reflection/flare issue at the end of January | Nikon Rumors
I think that means the D760 will be released in January.
01-10-2015, 07:40 PM   #366
Veteran Member
neostyles's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 445
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I think that means the D760 will be released in January.
Hey, they are fixing the issue for free. When it comes down to it, the d750 is an amazing camera for both stills and video.. and i would like to see pentax come anywhere near especially for video. Maybe next we can expect the k2 with actual video af. Zing
01-10-2015, 08:05 PM   #367
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 14,926
QuoteOriginally posted by neostyles Quote
Hey, they are fixing the issue for free. When it comes down to it, the d750 is an amazing camera for both stills and video.. and i would like to see pentax come anywhere near especially for video. Maybe next we can expect the k2 with actual video af. Zing
Oh, Nikon Boi is back.

01-10-2015, 08:40 PM   #368
Veteran Member
neostyles's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 445
Wow
01-11-2015, 05:30 AM   #369
Veteran Member
FantasticMrFox's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Munich
Posts: 2,339
QuoteOriginally posted by neostyles Quote
Wow
Dude, we know the D750 is a great camera. So what's your mission? Half of what you've been raving about in regard to the K3 being so much inferior as compared to the Nikon is either subjective or objectively wrong, so why the heck do you keep posting Nikon videos and just celebrate the camera? No life?
01-11-2015, 05:32 AM   #370
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 14,926
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Dude, we know the D750 is a great camera. So what's your mission? Half of what you've been raving about in regard to the K3 being so much inferior as compared to the Nikon is either subjective or objectively wrong, so why the heck do you keep posting Nikon videos and just celebrate the camera? No life?
He's hopeless.

Check out his Flickr stream, too for what a Nikon's done for him.
01-11-2015, 04:06 PM   #371
Veteran Member
neostyles's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 445
You guys did see the crack about the nikon d760 above.. right? Wheres your flickr, clackers? I would say the outpouring of positive feedback from merely just a few of these pics on 500px speaks for itself dude.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/p417x417/5377...53447297_o.jpg

I would be lying if i said that i lived in a photographic goldmine. This whole area isn't, you know, full of intereting locations or something. I dont really have alot too many lenses at the moment either. Right now, just two and ive had to sell my tripod because i need the money unfortunately (but i hope to get a new one sometime soon.) But the thing is i love photography, but that hasnt stopped me from shooting.

EDIT: point, is why what i have been shooting recently probably hasn't been really been getting the most out of my d600 but things will change when i start work soon and then i will have money for more lenses, etc and undoubtedly live in a much more interesting place. Im not about to claim that what ive been doing is better than you know marklj or something but i have fun with it.. and isnt that what matters?

Last edited by neostyles; 01-11-2015 at 06:27 PM.
01-11-2015, 08:06 PM   #372
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 14,926
QuoteOriginally posted by neostyles Quote
You guys did see the crack about the nikon d760 above.. right?
Oh, what a delicate petal you are.

I have a P7700 but that doesn't mean I should live in a Nikon forum bad mouthing the D600 oil and D750 flare scandals and Nikon's plunging sales, all while pointing at the advantages of the K3 and 645Z.

That would be *weird*.

As for my Flickr, I don't have one but you can cheerfully browse my gallery on this forum in the downtime between badmouthing our cameras of choice. It's the link under my username. :-)

In all of my pics as a rank hobbyist, you can see it's not the *camera* holding me back, it's *my* skills and talent. :-D

Last edited by clackers; 01-11-2015 at 08:31 PM.
01-11-2015, 09:23 PM   #373
Veteran Member
neostyles's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 445
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Oh, what a delicate petal you are.

I have a P7700 but that doesn't mean I should live in a Nikon forum bad mouthing the D600 oil and D750 flare scandals and Nikon's plunging sales, all while pointing at the advantages of the K3 and 645Z.

That would be *weird*.

As for my Flickr, I don't have one but you can cheerfully browse my gallery on this forum in the downtime between badmouthing our cameras of choice. It's the link under my username. :-)

In all of my pics as a rank hobbyist, you can see it's not the *camera* holding me back, it's *my* skills and talent. :-D
I dont usually do this, dude, but i felt like i should chime in there a bit if only to balance the amount of crap nikon is taking for this. People seem to ignore all the other things that they have to offer (cough cough ease of use) while focusing on tthings like this. The so called dust "scandal" that was made alot of fixed itself for me actually. It was noticeable in tests the lab tech performed at school but a few thousand shots later, its completely gone. Fact is that nikon is still one of the two most popular camera brands and i dont think thats just because of marketing.

Talent and skill counts for alot, and i completely agree that you can take a bad shot with a $200 camera or a $2000 one, but sometimes you need the right tool for the trick. My k20 would constantly meter scenes (high contrast scenes notably) poorly. It couldnt really track moving subjects either.
01-11-2015, 10:51 PM   #374
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 14,926
QuoteOriginally posted by neostyles Quote
My k20 would constantly meter scenes (high contrast scenes notably) poorly. It couldnt really track moving subjects either.
Come on, NS - is that old thing your point of comparison?

It's much better than the Nikon D60 of its age - eleven AF points versus three.

Plenty of people on this forum own Nikons as well as Pentax without displaying your dated parochialism.
01-11-2015, 11:03 PM - 1 Like   #375
Veteran Member
JinDesu's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,632
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Dude, we know the D750 is a great camera. So what's your mission? Half of what you've been raving about in regard to the K3 being so much inferior as compared to the Nikon is either subjective or objectively wrong, so why the heck do you keep posting Nikon videos and just celebrate the camera? No life?
He's the Nikon version of Jogiba.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
af, af-c, camera, d610, d750, exposure, f/2.8g, fa limited lenses, ff, frame, fuji, fun, ii, imac, images, iq, k-3, lens, light, nikon, park, performance, photographer, picture, resources, size, tests, video, vr, vs
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Nikon D7100 w/ 18-105mm Lens (764 shutter count), Nikon 10-24mm, Nikon 35mm 1.8 Mlcinema Sold Items 4 08-02-2013 06:15 AM
For Sale - Sold: Nikon Coolpix 5400-Nikon SB 30 Speedlight Price Reduced Again! Lens cap replaced. Ric Sold Items 7 04-09-2013 09:28 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:21 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top