Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2014, 06:12 AM   #1

Sigma Merrill Raw Files in Linux

I've been recently considering getting a compact camera (instead of the DA 21 or a Q7/S1 or ....) and while my current favorite would be the Ricoh GR, I've done some research on the Sigma DPx Merrills. I've read about their obvious shortcomings and seen some pictures (!!!). One reason I've taken another look is that with the new Sigma Quattros around the corner, the Merrill's price is now quite a bit below the GR's here in Germany. Maybe I can even afford both .

Anyway, here is the question. The need to use Sigmas own software for Raw-processing would really be a point against it, so I was quite happy to find the Merrills in a list of cameras (Decoding raw digital photos in Linux) supported by libraw. Does anybody here have practical experience with the Merrill in Darktable or any other Linux based tool? I suppose if the developer lists the camera, he is confident in it's support, but reverse engineering some data format does have it's problems...

You know, I'm really glad Pentax supports DNG, so I never had to worry about things like that!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, linux, merrill, merrill raw files, sigma, sigma merrill