Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2014, 05:22 PM   #76
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
Captured in MF on a K-5 (A50 lens):
MF again on K-5/A135:
In camera forums people often post all the good shots with supposedly "lesser" gear. But selected pictures dont tell the whole story. Fact is I do get higher keeper rate after upgrading my camera to one with better AF. My only regret is not doing so sooner, because from reading camera forums I come to the assumption that it's not the gear, but me. Other people can take all these great photos, so surely it's not the gear! Well thankfully that is false, and the gear really was holding me back. (disclaimer: this is MY personal experience, may not apply to everyone)

Either way, I'm happy with the gear that I have now. I just want others that feel they might be held back by their gear please do look at other options that you think might work better. Be skeptical about all claims of camera performance posted on the internet, whether positive or negative. Life is too short!

my 2c

09-24-2014, 05:41 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Girl illuminated by Christmas lights, captured on the α7r

---------- Post added 09-25-2014 at 10:44 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
In camera forums people often post all the good shots with supposedly "lesser" gear. But selected pictures dont tell the whole story.
How about a series?

09-24-2014, 05:54 PM   #78
Veteran Member

How about a series?
Nice shots I'm happier with my keeper rate after the upgrade, so I'm glad I upgraded regardless of what other people get with their gear. Lets use what works for ourselves and keep shooting!
09-24-2014, 08:27 PM   #79
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Girl illuminated by Christmas lights, captured on the α7r

---------- Post added 09-25-2014 at 10:44 AM ----------

How about a series?

With the girl under Christmas lights you are still around EV 3 or 4 its already too dark to get an image that doesn't have motion blur.

09-24-2014, 09:17 PM   #80
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
With the girl under Christmas lights you are still around EV 3 or 4 its already too dark to get an image that doesn't have motion blur.
Not quite sure what your point is, but the girl was running towards me.

This one is a relatively more static shot:

---------- Post added 09-25-2014 at 02:36 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
Nice shots I'm happier with my keeper rate after the upgrade, so I'm glad I upgraded regardless of what other people get with their gear. Lets use what works for ourselves and keep shooting!
By all means buy whatever makes you happy. Once you develop the confidence that you can take any shot on any camera, you won't feel constrained by the camera anymore, and you wouldn't be worried about "keeper rates". My keeper rate is the same no matter what camera I use. I'm even pretty happy with the K-01, and it surely must have the world's slowest AF :-)

Here's one taken ob the K-01 on World Pentax Day: