Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
09-15-2014, 08:44 AM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by easyreeder Quote
It does seem pretty clear that high level crop cameras, olympus, panasonic, sony, will be 4k as of 2015. So Pentax has a choice, compete at 4k and put a more expensive processor in the camera, or compete at ff and put a more expensive sensor in the camera.
The new micro 4/3rd Panasonic LX100 has a 12.8 MP sensor and shoots 4K. I don't think implementing 4K even on a 16MP sensor is hard to do. ( I don't know why the KS-1 doesn't support this option) I'm optimistic that the new flagship from pentax (K-3II/IIs) will have such option.

09-15-2014, 09:27 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
I'm optimistic that the new flagship from pentax (K-3II/IIs) will have such option.
Me too. But it means a better processor.
09-15-2014, 10:19 AM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

I'm going to be watching the reviews for this. It has a few nice zooms (16-50 2-2.8, my DA* 16-50 is my most used lens). If that 28mp sensor has good DR and iso this thing will be the best APS-C out. IF that AF stacks up then Samsung hit a home run with this one. 15fps and 70 shot buffer (40 raw) is very impressive.
09-15-2014, 10:22 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Samsung makes a dedicated K-mount adapter, I was sorta surprised to discover, but it contains no electronics and therefore probably most useful for manual lenses.

09-15-2014, 11:23 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bibz Quote
This thing is way overpriced. Samsung isn't known for great sensors, it hardly looks well built, and whats up with the lens situation? OH BUT ITS 2_8_mp IT KILLS K3!! Noone has even seen a proper sample but this is the apparent camera of jesus pentax needs to make. Just....'features'!!!
Hardly looks well built?
It is weather resistant and has a magnesium alloy body like the K-3.
Maybe you want a low alloy high strength steel?

---------- Post added 09-15-14 at 11:25 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
It look like Samnsung copied some of the worst parts of Canon and Nikon ergonomics and combined them to one unit. IMO the most interesting part of this camera is the sensor. If Samsung will be able to compete with Sony on sensor performance, we will have two companies fighting to make best sensors, which will be good for us consumers.
Ergonomics are a damn sight better than the K-S1's.
09-15-2014, 01:13 PM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
Ergonomics are a damn sight better than the K-S1's.
Sure, but it's K-3 that is Pentax closest competitor to NX1.
It's just silly having to use two hands to change ISO on a top of the line enthusiast camera released in 2014, and the front wheel behind the shutter button does not look comfortable to use.
09-15-2014, 01:21 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's just silly having to use two hands to change ISO on a top of the line enthusiast camera released in 2014, and the front wheel behind the shutter button does not look comfortable to use.
Looks like they copy the design from Canon with the front wheel behind the shutter release. IMHO, I will never get comfortable using the high end Canon DSLR; because you have use the same index finger to hit one the buttons on the top LCD and then move the same finger to turn the wheel - how is that for the design?

09-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #23
Veteran Member

really think Pentax should have released something like this to keep me from getting a GH4 as well.

Samsung learned a lot from the K20D...nice weathersealing on this as well. Too bad they didn't learn about ergonomics :-)
09-15-2014, 08:31 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I always like to imagine that this was the 'deal with the devil' that Pentax made in that past.
Sold off the future Pentax mirrorless to Samsung
Which is why Pentax has no proper response so far.

The NX series has been a nice system imo, the first with the EVF and SLR styling.
Good lenses catered for its mount (and aps-c) and a decent range of them to cover the most used focal lengths.
If I was to start from '0' and not cared for FF or future stuff (ie. no camera race, just taking photos as long as the the camera holds up), just a good set from UWA to short tele, this system would be it for me.
09-15-2014, 09:34 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
The new micro 4/3rd Panasonic LX100 has a 12.8 MP sensor and shoots 4K. I don't think implementing 4K even on a 16MP sensor is hard to do. ( I don't know why the KS-1 doesn't support this option) I'm optimistic that the new flagship from pentax (K-3II/IIs) will have such option.
Samsung's been making processors for their phones. Whatever they threw in here is probably way faster than the old Fuji(?) processor in Pentax' cameras.
09-18-2014, 05:46 PM   #26
K-9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
really think Pentax should have released something like this to keep me from getting a GH4 as well.

Samsung learned a lot from the K20D...nice weathersealing on this as well. Too bad they didn't learn about ergonomics :-)
Samsung DSLR bodies aren't the prettiest looking (Galaxy NX, NX20, NX30 and now the NX1), but I can attest to the very comfortable grip and feel of the NX20, as I own one, and early reviews of the NX1 are saying it is a comfortable camera to hold and use. I can't think of any buttons that are tedious to use on my NX20, and I think the iFunction button on their lenses is pretty useful.
09-18-2014, 05:53 PM   #27
Veteran Member

I got a NX30 as part of a promotion and I gave it to my fiance. In my short time of using it, it's quite good. The menu system isn't as intuitive as Pentax's, but the body had a great grip, a nice weight, and the tilt/swivel screen felt solid. I wouldn't treat it as harshly as my k-x/k-30/k-3, but in no way did it feel as plasticky as a Canon T2i/T3i.
09-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Just set the FN button on the lens to ISO then.
09-26-2014, 09:24 AM   #29

Lost opportunity for Samsung, FF is a reply . Why let alone Sony? Only 8 month ago exit NX30. Samsung use Smartphone marketing but the money not born in the garden.