Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2015, 04:20 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
I agree, and as full compatibility with A-mount to E/FE is done with adapters, there is not much use in manufacturing cameras with both mounts.

And as the SLT concept is also pretty much dead as the PDAF on sensor will replace it, there is just not much reason for continue to produce mirrorless cameras with both mounts.
One of the bad things about this situation is that 3rd party lens mfrs are pretty much only supporting A-mount. So the Tamron 150-600 is only available for a mount, not e-mount. So now Sony e-mount owners have to decide to use an a-mount adapter or a Canon adapter if they want to buy the Tamron 150-600. And probably Sony A7x owners are not getting any credit if they end up buying Canon mount lenses for use on Sony cameras. I hope Tamron and Sigma get with the program and provide e-mount products again.

09-17-2015, 05:26 PM   #32
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
Tamron and Sigma get with the program and provide e-mount products again.
I think Tamron more likely.

Their biggest institutional owner AFAIK is Sony.

Tamron make the FE lenses for Sony another poster was saying, just as Cosina make the 'Zeiss' lenses for Sony.
09-17-2015, 06:04 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
One of the bad things about this situation is that 3rd party lens mfrs are pretty much only supporting A-mount. So the Tamron 150-600 is only available for a mount, not e-mount. So now Sony e-mount owners have to decide to use an a-mount adapter or a Canon adapter if they want to buy the Tamron 150-600. And probably Sony A7x owners are not getting any credit if they end up buying Canon mount lenses for use on Sony cameras. I hope Tamron and Sigma get with the program and provide e-mount products again.
I've heard that the adapters are only getting better. ie, I shot an A7R II in Henry's using a Canon adapter with a Sigma 35mm 1.4 which seemed to work very well.

My take on this is that Sony mirrorless camera owners are going to find relief using adapters until more native FE lenses come onto the scene.