Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
09-24-2014, 03:33 PM   #1
Veteran Member

so im switching to Fuji

Not completely. I still have a whole Q7 kit that I love and I have a film pentax. But I have just sold my K-5II and K-01 and most of the lenses I had and will be making the switch to Fujifilm. The large aperture lenses are just too hard to ignore and when they announced the silver X-T1, that was what pushed me over. Actually Fujifilm is what I started photography on (S700, HS20) so its kind of a homecoming. My plan is to have the graphite X-T1, the 56mm 1.2, the 23mm 1.4, and the Zeiss 12mm 2.8.

---------- Post added 09-24-14 at 02:37 PM ----------

also Fujifilm's X series cameras have high ISO performance that makes the Nikon D4 (not D4s) blush.

09-24-2014, 03:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'd suggest you hang on a little longer for the upcoming full frame camera. (and its new lineup of lenses)
09-24-2014, 03:54 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do what you must, and enjoy what you do - we'll still be here, happy as clams in hot water! Er something like that
09-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
I'd suggest you hang on a little longer for the upcoming full frame camera. (and its new lineup of lenses)
oh yes well I still have film lenses so if they do come out with full frame I'm still ready for that. But ill wait to see it officially first

---------- Post added 09-24-14 at 02:58 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
Do what you must, and enjoy what you do - we'll still be here, happy as clams in hot water! Er something like that
will do thank you

09-24-2014, 04:09 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Post some images here once you arrive in Fuji land!

When you have an X-T1 in hand, could you please hunt around the Fuji documentation to reveal the EV metering and AF sensitivity range of the camera? Fuji do not reveal that data anywhere I can find. I suspect it is something like 1-18 EV for both EV and AF, but some official confirmation would be nice.
09-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I can understand, although I don't really think the high iso performance on the X series is that much different from the K5.
09-24-2014, 05:09 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fuji's a system that tempts me, too. But since I don't do much large-aperture shooting, I don't want to give up image stabilization.

An acquaintance of mine has a gallery show opening this weekend, the vast majority of his shots are with Fuji.

09-24-2014, 05:13 PM - 2 Likes   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shaolen Quote
also Fujifilm's X series cameras have high ISO performance that makes the Nikon D4 (not D4s) blush.
Horsepoopies.
09-24-2014, 05:17 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I can understand, although I don't really think the high iso performance on the X series is that much different from the K5.
He's probably a JPEG shooter. The Fuji JPEG engine is definitely better. I have not developed enough Fuji RAW files to get a good feel for them, but right now I can get more out of K-5 files. Fuji RAW files and the Trans-X sensor definitely have a learning curve. The K-3 has more detail at higher ISO and DxO PRIME does really good with them.
09-24-2014, 05:19 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shaolen Quote
Not completely. I still have a whole Q7 kit that I love and I have a film pentax. But I have just sold my K-5II and K-01 and most of the lenses I had and will be making the switch to Fujifilm. The large aperture lenses are just too hard to ignore and when they announced the silver X-T1, that was what pushed me over. Actually Fujifilm is what I started photography on (S700, HS20) so its kind of a homecoming. My plan is to have the graphite X-T1, the 56mm 1.2, the 23mm 1.4, and the Zeiss 12mm 2.8.

---------- Post added 09-24-14 at 02:37 PM ----------

that's the other company beside Pentax I would like to join...
They treat their customer good, always add new features (that is available in latest model) via firmware updates to their old model, if doable. I admire this kind of continue customer support - early adopter won't feel left out completely.
09-24-2014, 06:01 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Horsepoopies.
Fuji over-rates its ISO by 1/2 to 1 stop.

Its still a great system, though.
09-24-2014, 06:03 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
He's probably a JPEG shooter. The Fuji JPEG engine is definitely better. I have not developed enough Fuji RAW files to get a good feel for them, but right now I can get more out of K-5 files. Fuji RAW files and the Trans-X sensor definitely have a learning curve. The K-3 has more detail at higher ISO and DxO PRIME does really good with them.
Sure. The lack of third party support is an unfortunate downside of the X Trans sensor.
09-24-2014, 06:05 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
that's the other company beside Pentax I would like to join...
They treat their customer good, always add new features (that is available in latest model) via firmware updates to their old model, if doable. I admire this kind of continue customer support - early adopter won't feel left out completely.
Last year I owned 3 Fuji superzooms, and each one failed within 30 days. Earlier this year I bought a X-S1, and its lens was decentered. I returned it, got another, and the lens was unbearably soft.

Crazy thing is, even after all that horrible QC, I'm still interested in the new-ish S1, a bridge camera with weather-sealing.
09-24-2014, 06:52 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Last year I owned 3 Fuji superzooms, and each one failed within 30 days. Earlier this year I bought a X-S1, and its lens was decentered. I returned it, got another, and the lens was unbearably soft.

Crazy thing is, even after all that horrible QC, I'm still interested in the new-ish S1, a bridge camera with weather-sealing.
really sorry to hear that but I've had an awesome experience with their bridge cameras
09-24-2014, 06:53 PM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
That's what people told me when I left Pentax, which was in early 2009...