Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2014, 06:13 PM   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
I read some good things about the new 16-50mm f2-2.8 lens, knowing how much advertising Samsung is doing on their flagship system I won't trust review websites, only actual NX shooters
Review: Samsung 16-50mm f2-2.8 (NX Mount)
SLRCLUB, ??? ???? ?? ????
I've shot a bunch with the 16-50 f/2-2.8. It's excellent.

10-07-2014, 06:13 PM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
If you watch this video at 2:05 it seems to imply that you can make the picture on right half of screen look like the one on the left via internal noise reduction.
To me they look like two different pictures, with the left side a long exposure due to the streaks of satellites so the implication is misleading.
Your thoughts?
[Samsung SMART CAMERA NX1] Official Introduction - YouTube
That's true, good catch

---------- Post added 10-07-14 at 06:15 PM ----------

If you watch this video at 2:05 it seems to imply that you can make the picture on right half of screen look like the one on the left via internal noise reduction.
To me they look like two different pictures, with the left side a long exposure due to the streaks of satellites so the implication is misleading.
Your thoughts?
That's true, good catch

All I've learned so far from scouting the web is that the NX1 feels nice in the hand, but the buttons and finish feels cheap. (-er than Nikon)
10-08-2014, 06:44 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Your thoughts?
I'm not sure if those streaks are part of the image or shooting stars but if this was long exposure, the other stars should have showed similar effect of that of star trails via long exposure. this to me looks more like rare meteor trails. I also looked at the left image particularly the water/lake which seems to be of similar calmness as the one on the left.

---------- Post added 10-08-2014 at 06:46 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
I've shot a bunch with the 16-50 f/2-2.8. It's excellent.
how good is it? I haven't bought that lens yet because it's out of my budget but I'm looking to get one for $700.
10-08-2014, 06:54 AM   #64
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
How come no one is offended by "chimping"? Chimps consider it an outrage, doesn't anyone care about their feelings? After all....Chimps are people too...or would be ruled as such if such a ruling was ever made.....The Big Brick Store down the road from me is "people too" so no doubt a Chimp would be too?

Regards!
I once forgot what the term for chimping was, and called it "monkey peeking". The brain works in strange ways.

10-08-2014, 08:30 AM   #65
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

See what I mean...there you go again calling a Chimp a monkey! Chimps are way higher up than a monkey....and if you spend any time over in the FF threads, you will agree they are higher up than many humans!

As for Pimps....I can't give them much respect, but I guess they are like Cable Companies.....a necessary evil?

I'm not a phone person, but I ran across this and the camera seems very, very, impressive. I watched some of the HD videos unretouched, straight from the camera, and they were superb. Even has 16mp an F1.9....it will qualify as a Super Toy Camera!
https://bgr.com/2014/10/02/galaxy-note-4-specs-performance/

Regards!
10-08-2014, 01:27 PM   #66
Veteran Member

See what I mean...there you go again calling a Chimp a monkey! Chimps are way higher up than a monkey....and if you spend any time over in the FF threads, you will agree they are higher up than many humans!
As a monkey, I am deeply offended by that comparison.

We monkeys love chimping at MILF cameras!
10-08-2014, 02:18 PM   #67
Veteran Member

Christine....I'm sorry, but you can't be a monkey. You have a FF camera, and from all I read over in the FF threads only the monkeys there are without a FF camera and apparently don't know FF cameras even exist..... unless Pentax can produce one?
Yours seems to be working out well, but I am most certain that is unacceptable to them?

I could post some of your very nice FF shots over there and try to persuade them that FF cameras other than Pentax do really exist....but that would be "Pimping" the work of a MILF, and most certainly a Mod would be on my case in a heartbeat!

Regards!

10-08-2014, 03:56 PM   #68
Veteran Member

Christine

I could post some of your very nice FF shots over there and try to persuade them that FF cameras other than Pentax do really exist....but that would be "Pimping" the work of a MILF, and most certainly a Mod would be on my case in a heartbeat!
LOL - you can be my pimp anyday, Rupert
10-08-2014, 04:26 PM - 1 Like   #69
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Of course, Rupert, one of my Mini NX's talents is to hack into the selfies on your phone:

10-08-2014, 05:27 PM   #70
Pentaxian

That's top pimp style, Rupert!