Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2014, 09:33 PM   #1

iPhone photo help

Is there a way to transfer photos from my iPhone to an SD card? Or even a flash drive. Just to get them off my phone and free up some storage. I could just put them on my computer but I've had so many photos ruined from my computer crashing I don't want to risk it.

11-07-2014, 09:58 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You will need an intermediate location to host the SD card and card reader or flash stick. That could be a computer or another device that plays better with SD cards than iOS does. You can upload them to Dropbox or other cloud services and then download them to the SD card. Or one-by-one email them to yourself and download to an SD card from there.
You should consider using Dropbox or Amazon (if you are a prime member) to host all your iphone photos direct from your phone. The storage for photos I believe doesn't count against your other use of storage space in the cloud. In addition, other third-party apps like Documents will upload your camera roll to Dropbox or other cloud services.

M
11-07-2014, 10:02 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yes just connect it to a computer with the USB cable, it will be mapped as a drive, where you could navigate the folder and copy the photos from there... do you have a PC or Mac computer ?
11-08-2014, 08:45 PM   #4

Original Poster
It is a PC. After posting my question I realized that I will need two USB ports to do this. The computer does have two but one of them is dedicated to our..... Something that has to do with the wifi connection I think.