Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2014, 10:53 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Casio Exilim

Does anyone use one of he Casio Exilim series cameras? My son and I both used the EX Z850 for a number of years and found it to be a wonderful little point and shoot. I now see that Casio has a rather expensive P&S the EX 100 which sell for over $700 but is not readily available in the US. It shoots raw and has some other interesting features but it still has small sensor like the MX and the Q. Is anyone familiar with the current Casio line?

Here is a picture of Keet Seel taken with the little Z850. Can only be reached by an 8 mile hike in. A treasured memory.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
EX-Z850  Photo 
11-11-2014, 12:48 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I used the Exlilim EX-P600 back in the early days of digital, before I got my *ist DS. I was really satisfied with it as it had plenty of advanced features and a great lens.

Casio is back to making cameras now, I believe, but only for the Japanese market for now.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-11-2014, 12:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I have a question about Casio.....I bought my Mom two of them and they have done her a great job, being easy to use with decent results.

My question.....I looked at one at Wolf Photo maybe 6-8 years ago and the salesman addressed my concern about the LCD in bright sunlight by allowing me to take it outside on a very bright Texas day. By golly, even with my back to the sun I could see the LCD clearly. This was the only camera I have ever seen that could do that. I didn't buy it, I wasn't in the market at the time, but it was a neat little camera. Anyone know what model that might have been?

Regards!
11-11-2014, 01:09 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
6-7 years ago it might have been the ZX-850 but they always had several models at a time. Come to think of it I do not remember being particularly bothered by sun in Arizona or on trips to the New England coast with the camera.

11-11-2014, 01:14 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Come to think of it I do not remember being particularly bothered by sun in Arizona or on trips to the New England coast with the camera.
I recall that day well and I was amazed at the visibility of the LCD in the bright sun.....I compared it to my (I think at the time?) K20D and the K20D LCD was as black as coal. I thought we would see this as a breakthrough for everyone, but it remains the only camera I have seen that was that good.

Regards!
11-14-2014, 12:50 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Friend had a Casio Elixim back in 2004. He swore by that camera. Pretty bright guy, too, he probably had many reasons to like it.

I've never tried one.
11-15-2014, 07:40 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Chaco Doorways.

Here is one of my favorites from the Casio Z850

Attached Images

11-15-2014, 09:06 AM   #8
Veteran Member

You can find these on EBay very cheap...bought a used one for my Mom for $35. and it performs just fine, fits in her purse, and is easy to use. Unless you need something with more capabilities, it is a great little camera. Not everyone is a pixel peeper....my Mom has no interest in pixels...heck she doesn't even know what a pixel is...and I'm sure she doesn't care! She like a 4x6 print and the Casio will do great at that!

Regards!
11-18-2014, 09:15 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My Mom still has the Exilim EX-V8 I bought her nearly 7 years ago. I don't think she's used it in a couple of years, though.