Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-17-2014, 08:12 PM   #1

Panasonic Lumix DSLR

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone uses the Panasonic Lumix DSLRs ? Though not as well established as other brands, they do use Leica lens technology. I shoot Pentax and have a full complement of PK lenses from 35mm days through my D10 18-55mm. I would like to know if there is an adapter available for PK to Panasonic Lumix DSLR also.
Merry Christmas! <[ ; > )>

12-17-2014, 09:01 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
AFAIK, any Pentax K to Four-Thirds adapter should work, since Oly and Panny used the same mount.
12-17-2014, 09:34 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Four thirds or micro four thirds?
12-17-2014, 10:05 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Four thirds or micro four thirds?
The Oly & Panny DSLRs were all Four-Thirds. I think Kodak might have done one, too, or at least considered it.

I nearly bought into an Oly DSLR instead of a Pentax K100D, it seems so long ago...

12-18-2014, 05:43 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
The Oly & Panny DSLRs were all Four-Thirds. I think Kodak might have done one, too, or at least considered it.

I nearly bought into an Oly DSLR instead of a Pentax K100D, it seems so long ago...
Oh, not mirrorless - missed that.
12-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by iquest35 Quote
Though not as well established as other brands, they do use Leica lens technology.
Actually, I doubt that's true. Panasonic's Leica branded lenses are designed by Panasonic, and then Leica has to sign off on them before Panasonic can brand them as Leica. They're very good lenses. The Panasonic Leica 14-150 f3.5-5.6 may be the finest superzoom ever made. But the Panny Leicas are not quite on the level of Leica made lenses (which are considerably more expensive).

And as good as the four-thirds Panasonic Leica lenses undoubtedly are, the Olympus four-thirds SHG lenses are even better.

The trouble with the four-thirds glass is nobody's made a four-thirds DSLR in four or five years. The sensor technology on those old cameras is a bit long in the tooth. If you want to shoot four-thirds glass, whether made Panasonic or anyone else, your best bet is the Olympus EM-1, which is a m43 camera specifically designed to handle four-thirds glass. You'll need to buy a four-thirds to micro-four-thirds adapter. You can also shoot K-Mount glass on EM-1, also via adapters.