Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2015, 07:30 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Am I the only one that doesn't like the Canon 1D mark iiN?

I've started using Canon 1D mark iiN with my new job since it's the company camera and what his systems are set up for. Am I the only one that finds the control layout to this confusion, non user friendly and vastly inferior to that of my K3?

01-10-2015, 07:50 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yes, I am totally lost when I pick up another brand. Although Pentax can be a bit confusing, they have always been the company that has simplified things for the consumer.
01-10-2015, 08:01 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, a lot has happened in the last 10 years since that Canon was introduced... but I switched from a 1DsII to a K10D and found the interface to be much easier to understand (from the menus to the external buttons). Honestly, there is almost nothing I miss from the old Canon days... not the weight, not the L-lenses, not even the 35mm sensor! These days I do look at the flash system and sigh a bit, but back then I never used flash.
01-10-2015, 09:06 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My negatives on the Mark II N:

The old heavy batteries that don't last long and need to be refreshed to lose the memory,

Only 8 MP so limited cropping.

Two hands required to change shooting modes.

The best is:

The superb and fast AF.

8.5 FPS for wildlife and sports.

In DSLR terms it's ancient but it was the best in its day.

01-10-2015, 11:20 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Haha yeah I know it was pretty old, I just didn't know how much the interface and layout had changed.

In terms of low light AF, I find it to be total garbage compared to the k3, but like you said, a lot has happened with improvements. And the business I'm in is high volume sports and event photography, so every image is pretty much sold SOOC, so crop room doesn't matter.

Agreed, I see nothing to miss about it yet either!