Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2015, 04:49 AM   #1
Pentaxian
JohnBee's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Newrfoundland
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,666
New Samyang 135mm f/2 ED lens released and reviews

Samyang's newest 135mm f/2.0 ED UMC lens has been officially announced at $549 USD



Samyang's newest addition to the VDLSR market is a 135mm f/2.0 ED UMC lens weighing-in at $549 USD.
Some versions will come with AE confirm chips for focus and use of Auto/P/A/S/M shooting modes.


That said, some of the firsts reviews with sample images and comparison have begun to surface following the official announcements:


You can also see some comprehensive tests/comparissons between the Samyang 135/2 and a Canon EF 135mm 2L lens here:
Gear for Image :: Samyang 135mm f2 Review:Samyang 135mm f2 vs Canon EF 135mm 2 L


Last edited by JohnBee; 01-13-2015 at 04:55 AM.
01-13-2015, 05:10 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,280
Don't want to be one of those people but the lens itself seems to be marked 135/2.2 not 2.0. In looking through the online info it seems its different based on the mount.
01-13-2015, 05:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Na Horuk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Slovenia, probably
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,183
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Don't want to be one of those people but the lens itself seems to be marked 135/2.2 not 2.0. In looking through the online info it seems its different based on the mount.
I think that's T2.2, F2.0. T2.2 is for cine versions, F2.0 is for still photo versions. Of course both can be used for both, but the Cine version has T stops instead of F stops, a different focus ring for follow focus, and de-clicked aperture ring.
The lens will come in K-mount, and feature A-setting on aperture ring. But it will be manual focus only (of course, with Pentax cameras you can use catch in focus to get something similar to AF. For portraiture, it might be all you need)
I'm glad this lens is coming out. Samyang fills a lot of holes in the Pentax lineup this way!
01-13-2015, 05:27 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,280
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
I think that's T2.2, F2.0. T2.2 is for cine versions, F2.0 is for still photo versions. Of course both can be used for both, but the Cine version has T stops instead of F stops, a different focus ring for follow focus, and de-clicked aperture ring.
The lens will come in K-mount, and feature A-setting on aperture ring. But it will be manual focus only (of course, with Pentax cameras you can use catch in focus to get something similar to AF. For portraiture, it might be all you need)
I'm glad this lens is coming out. Samyang fills a lot of holes in the Pentax lineup this way!
All I know is that the Canon was 2.0 and the Sony 2.2 at B&H.

01-13-2015, 05:32 AM   #5
Veteran Member
Na Horuk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Slovenia, probably
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,183
Yes, but there is a difference between F and T stops.The Canon mount will probably have both versions available. But they are optically identical. F2.0 = T 2.2

01-13-2015, 07:35 AM   #6
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 930
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Samyang's newest 135mm f/2.0 ED UMC lens has been officially announced at $549 USD



Samyang's newest addition to the VDLSR market is a 135mm f/2.0 ED UMC lens weighing-in at $549 USD.
Some versions will come with AE confirm chips for focus and use of Auto/P/A/S/M shooting modes.


That said, some of the firsts reviews with sample images and comparison have begun to surface following the official announcements:


You can also see some comprehensive tests/comparissons between the Samyang 135/2 and a Canon EF 135mm 2L lens here:
Gear for Image :: Samyang 135mm f2 Review:Samyang 135mm f2 vs Canon EF 135mm 2 L
Based on the tests, the Samyang 135 f2 seems to be better than canon 135 2l from everything they compared. Indeed impressive!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
135mm, ef, f/2 ed lens, f/2.0, f2, lens, samyang, samyang 135mm f/2, umc, usd
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Samyang/Rokinon 135mm f/2.0 ED Aspherical Sagala Pentax News and Rumors 49 01-13-2015 10:10 PM
For Sale - Sold: Primes: Samyang 35mm f/1.4 Manual Focus, Vivtar 135mm f/2.8 M42, Revunon 55mm f/1.2 takhyon Sold Items 9 03-16-2014 08:42 PM
Somewhat dissapointed with my new Samyang 14 mm F 2.8 IF ED UMC Matchete Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 40 06-18-2012 11:37 AM
New Samyang 14mm f/2.8 Lens for Pentax Biro Pentax News and Rumors 48 11-01-2011 11:19 PM
New lens from Samyang 14mm f/2.8 marcinski Pentax News and Rumors 60 10-09-2009 10:11 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:44 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top