Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2015, 03:40 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
More interesting Flickr stats

Stumbled into this article today - interesting stats on the cameras used by Flickr uploaders (who I suspect tend to be enthusiasts):
Camera ownership on Flickr: 2013-2014 | Flickr Blog

01-18-2015, 03:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

The flickr stats have a variety of problems, including a delay in listing some camera models sometimes, and a dependency on images with camera EXIF intact.

Plus for the Pentax data, the flickr stats are hiding the K-3 amongst the stats for Ricoh, not under the Pentax brand:

https://www.flickr.com/cameras/ricoh/pentax_k3/
01-18-2015, 04:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
One interesting thing about these stats is that they are not based on volume of photos uploaded, but normalised to "unique cameras per account per week" - I just noticed that on rereading the article.

I must admit being surprised by Sony's position in the DSLR segment - I tend to think of Sony primarily as a mirrorless manufacturer, I keep forgetting there are a lot of Alpha DSLR shooters out there.

Pentax cameras are clearly in a minority regardless of which brand or category they are grouped in. Again this is a surprise as I often see a lot of Pentax shooters in the wild (or perhaps it's the company I keep).

Will be interesting to see stats grouped by volume of photos.
01-18-2015, 04:12 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can't believe nobody has said it yet, so I will... "Hey, at least Pentax wasn't lumped into the "other" category!"

01-18-2015, 04:28 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I can't believe nobody has said it yet, so I will... "Hey, at least Pentax wasn't lumped into the "other" category!"
LOL - regardless, Pentax is DOOMED
01-19-2015, 11:59 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
LOL - regardless, Pentax is DOOMED
Yep, it certainly is. When the Nikon F1 came out, Pentax was doomed, and it still is!
01-19-2015, 01:08 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

If you have the camera you want and it works for you, what does it matter? Forgot......impossible to be happy without a FF Pentax...I must have had a brain cramp!

Regards!