Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2015, 03:18 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sony testing 48MP sensor shift mode on the A7II?

(SR3) Great news: Sony testing High Resolution 48MP mode on the A7II? | sonyalpharumors

QuoteQuote:
A source told me that Sony is testing a High Resolution mode that works just like on the Olympus E-M5II. The sensor takes multiple shots in slightly different positions moved by the stabilization system and then combines time in one High Res Picture. The source told me he saw it creating 48.9 MP images on the fly. Of course that features works fine when shooting still objects. The source doesn’t know yet if the tested feature will work as hoped by Sony. If yes than it could be introduced in a future firmware upgrade. If you want to check out how good the Olympus solution works check out the test at Imaging Resource.
Sony is looking more and more like the Borg to me. They assimilate every technology that they want.

04-10-2015, 03:57 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I would say Sony is undoubtedly the most interesting camera company at this moment.
04-10-2015, 10:30 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Sony is looking more and more like the Borg to me. They assimilate every technology that they want.
Definitely. They have the money to try anything and see if it sells. The downside is that you don't have much stability, tradition
04-10-2015, 10:37 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Now if only they'd produce a piece of technology I'd actually want. They do provide great entertainment value.The bottom line for me is would I make room for something they make in my camera bag, so far they are batting 0 for about 50. I haven't been interested in a Sony product since my Sony Mavica. Hey but that 's just me, and 95% of the rest of the world, not that Pentax is much better.

04-10-2015, 12:03 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Now if only they'd produce a piece of technology I'd actually want. They do provide great entertainment value.
I feel the same way. Never cared for their menu interface either. They are pretty good at making waves and snatching headlines though.
04-10-2015, 02:42 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
I would say Sony is undoubtedly the most interesting camera company at this moment.
cough cough...you're on the PentaxForum......

I'm sorry but I personally haven't gotten drunk on the mirrorless coolaid. If they're gonna impress me they gotta resuscitated the Alpha series which is at the moment defunct....
04-10-2015, 02:49 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I've only got an A7 because I won't be able to afford the Pentax FF for some time after its release - don't judge me! :-D

04-11-2015, 09:20 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Sony already owns a large chunk of Olympus so they already "assimilated" the technology some time ago and you can also question who owned the technology to begin with. Sony invested in a huge purchase of Oly stock a few years ago and recently just announced a merger as Sony has their eye on the medical imaging division. Sound familiar?
Sony, Olympus medical business merger approved for April 16 - The Japan Daily Press