Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 28 Likes Search this Thread
07-20-2015, 11:53 AM   #106
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
Rupert,

In the last 12 hours you've returned to this thread at least four times to make ridiculous posts that aren't even funny while other people are trying to have a conversation. It's extremely disrespectful and disruptive. You're not going to stop? Are you really so offended? Why not just leave if it really bothers you so much? It's like people are having a conversation, and someone else walks into the room and says "That's already been discussed in the past!" and then starts harassing everybody.

Hopefully a moderator does something about it. Removing your posts would be appreciated, if you can't find it in yourself to do so.

FWIW, the Ignore list is your friend.

I'm in a similar boat. I'm significantly invested in Pentax K-mount bodies and lenses, but I want my next body to have 4k, IS, and WiFi. If Pentax doesn't offer that then I'll look elsewhere, particularly M43 since I already have a small collection of lenses and have also had success adapting Pentax lenses for video.

I like Pentax but I'm certainly not married to them and will purchase whatever I need to get the results that I want.

07-20-2015, 12:12 PM   #107
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Rupert is providing perspective and comic relief....I am sure he meant no disrespect, particularly not on a personal level.
When he says he is not sorry he offended me, and describes me as having "no sense of humor" and a "miserable existence without joy", it sure sounds kind of personal. But I'm supposedly the one who's all angry?

I guess he must have a different brand of humor. It looked more like he was attempting to impose censorship on a thread he didn't like by repeatedly bombing it with nonsense to clutter it up. The equivalent of shooting someone down when you don't agree with them. I couldn't imagine barging into a thread and doing the same thing. And I couldn't imagine having people then pat me on the back and make excuses for me. But he threw in a few emoticons between his insults, so I guess everything was cool.

If we absolutely must discuss squirrels in this thread, then on that topic I would ask, is it possible that some people have been spending *too much* time with squirrels?

Last edited by Edgar_in_Indy; 07-20-2015 at 12:50 PM.
07-20-2015, 01:13 PM   #108
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
...I want my next body to have 4k, IS, and WiFi. If Pentax doesn't offer that then I'll look elsewhere, particularly M43...
Hi John,
I know you are up on the industry offerings more than most of us. What camera other than the A7RII offers that offers that combo? I did a quick survey yesterday and got skunked.

Steve
07-20-2015, 01:29 PM   #109
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rupert,

In the last 12 hours you've returned to this thread at least four times to make ridiculous posts that aren't even funny while other people are trying to have a conversation. It's extremely disrespectful and disruptive. You're not going to stop? Are you really so offended? Why not just leave if it really bothers you so much? It's like people are having a conversation, and someone else walks into the room and says "That's already been discussed in the past!" and then starts harassing everybody.

Hopefully a moderator does something about it. Removing your posts would be appreciated, if you can't find it in yourself to do so.
What's wrong about bit of humor within serious conversation?
I surely did not find Rupert's posts offensive and I'd say some of your earlier comments have been quite agressive and could be described even insulting...

That been sed, I do find your argumenting about 4K valid (I did some videos of my kids couple decades ago).
What we have found out is that as nice as it is to have those videos, nobody actually wants to see them much. Maybe it's just our generation or our type of persons, but photos have had much more success...
Having good quality video in DSLR could actually be a big boost factor for a brand. Is Pentax that brand? I doubt it as they have quite clearly hinted that video is not one their priorities. Things may change though, who knows...

07-20-2015, 01:45 PM   #110
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reytor Quote
What's wrong about bit of humor within serious conversation?
There's nothing wrong with a bit of humor in the proper spirit. But what he is calling humor would be better described as ridicule. It seemed like Rupert was posting with the intent of disrupting the thread. He even boasted in another thread today that he "harasses Ugly Posters so they will join in the fun..or GET OUT". A real funny guy. It seems that he has appointed himself as some kind of judge around here.

QuoteOriginally posted by reytor Quote
I surely did not find Rupert's posts offensive and I'd say some of your earlier comments have been quite agressive and could be described even insulting...
When was I "quite aggressive" and "insulting"? Please post quotes, and if I was, then I will apologize. I've been trying to stay civil, even when I felt like others had not been extending me the same courtesy.

Last edited by Edgar_in_Indy; 07-20-2015 at 01:51 PM.
07-20-2015, 02:09 PM   #111
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If I've achieved nothing else, at least I can feel good that I've given the purists a place to vent about their bewilderment and befuddlement with all the confusing buttons on their modern cameras.

The camera you describe makes about as much sense as Volkswagen releasing the 1940's Beetle with no changes other than a 400 HP supercharged engine.
^^this one^^

For many photography is an art where digital effects and aid are not needed.
Their wish of having less is perfectly valid as is yours of having more (4K).

---------- Post added 20-07-15 at 17:13 ----------

There's nothing wrong with a bit of humor in the proper spirit. But what he is calling humor would be better described as ridicule.
We all have different sense of humor.
I dont get many of the pranks people post in Youtube and frankly find many of those aggressive and even dangerous, but there're a lot of people that just love them...

Last edited by reytor; 07-20-2015 at 02:16 PM.
Closed Thread