Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sundown Quote
I have a secret desire to try their earlier 16mp sensor
which body?
10-03-2020, 06:42 AM - 1 Like   #1519
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
which body?
I figured the x-e2s. It's made in Japan, can be found in better condition as a more recent body, it's small, can come with grip, thumb-holder, etc, more up-to-date than the x-pro1, and not the slr form factor I already have with the x-t20. Should be fun, I reckon.

And maybe I can finally settle for a 23/f2 to compensate for a body with a slower and older AF system. It's been a real struggle to choose between a 23/1.4 and a 23/2 and swallow the fact that the the 23/2 sucks at close-ups and also has a tiny-bit of a wider FOV in reality.

Last edited by sundown; 10-03-2020 at 06:53 AM.
10-03-2020, 10:08 AM - 4 Likes   #1520
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Fuji XT3 with Pentax SMC A 135mm
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-T3  Photo 
10-03-2020, 01:48 PM   #1521
Veteran Member

that can not be anywhere but England ....
QuoteOriginally posted by philanker2012 Quote
Fuji XT3 with Pentax SMC A 135mm
10-03-2020, 04:53 PM - 3 Likes   #1522
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Small Rig L-Bracket for X-T2

in my search for a solid grip for the X-T2 (don't need the battery grip), I came across one that isn't listed as a grip at all, but as an L-Bracket:

10-04-2020, 04:10 AM   #1523
Veteran Member

i guess those things are ok , pepperberry, i tried one , or two, , in the past for various cameras, or the battery grips , some love battery grips , but i like the basic camera, and always come back to the way the camera was designed , it just feels right . better . to me .

i never pay attention, and i should ... ' to keep your opinions to yourself ... ' : )

in my search for a solid grip for the X-T2 (don't need the battery grip), I came across one that isn't listed as a grip at all, but as an L-Bracket:

Last edited by glinda; 10-04-2020 at 04:12 AM. Reason: spelling correct doesn't ..
10-04-2020, 04:23 AM   #1524
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
i guess those things are ok , pepperberry, i tried one , or two, , in the past for various cameras, or the battery grips , some love battery grips , but i like the basic camera, and always come back to the way the camera was designed , it just feels right . better . to me .

i never pay attention, and i should ... ' to keep your opinions to yourself ... ' : )

no - your opinions are yours and they are important....

I only brought this up for others - if they may be looking for something similar and had not come across this option...
10-04-2020, 04:52 AM - 1 Like   #1525
Veteran Member

it will be interesting to see how you like the x-t2 .

there is just something about these little fujis ...

they are just done nicely .

: )

no - your opinions are yours and they are important....

I only brought this up for others - if they may be looking for something similar and had not come across this option...

---------- Post added 10-04-20 at 08:03 AM ----------

you may want to consider an x-pro1,

i don't know how they tweaked the sensor or software , but of the fujis i have and tried ( x-e2, also , and didn't keep )
the x-pro1, has the best , most organic , in a way , images .
it depends what you want , i guess.

i pick up and use the x-t1, as my favoite, the pro1 second, e1 third,
had to get a screw in diopter +2 , for the pro1,

its a funky camera , i only use the evf on it . and manual lenses.
but its images are just the best, over and over ....

there , another opinion , i didn't keep to myself : )

QuoteOriginally posted by sundown Quote
I figured the x-e2s. It's made in Japan, can be found in better condition as a more recent body, it's small, can come with grip, thumb-holder, etc, more up-to-date than the x-pro1, and not the slr form factor I already have with the x-t20. Should be fun, I reckon.

And maybe I can finally settle for a 23/f2 to compensate for a body with a slower and older AF system. It's been a real struggle to choose between a 23/1.4 and a 23/2 and swallow the fact that the the 23/2 sucks at close-ups and also has a tiny-bit of a wider FOV in reality.
10-04-2020, 06:20 AM - 1 Like   #1526

Photos: Albums
Nice addition. I ordered a smallrig cage for the a6300 back when I bought it. Worked well for my video needs holding mics and lights and stuff. Don't take video anymore so I don't have it installed but it was a nice piece.

I'll be interested in you experience with the Fuji. I have been looking at them for quite a long time as a platform for my M glass specifically to shoot JPEG. I would like to hear more about your experiences with it compared to the K5ii since that is the Pentax DSLR that I use now. I rented a X100F a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed using it. The pictures it produced were really nice and it was freeing to get away from my current RAW workflow in Capture One/NIK Software/Affinity Photo. Just shoot and post.

Happy shooting with your XT-2. See you on Single In
10-04-2020, 07:03 AM - 1 Like   #1527
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mbceft Quote
Nice addition. I ordered a smallrig cage for the a6300 back when I bought it. Worked well for my video needs holding mics and lights and stuff. Don't take video anymore so I don't have it installed but it was a nice piece.

I'll be interested in you experience with the Fuji. I have been looking at them for quite a long time as a platform for my M glass specifically to shoot JPEG. I would like to hear more about your experiences with it compared to the K5ii since that is the Pentax DSLR that I use now. I rented a X100F a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed using it. The pictures it produced were really nice and it was freeing to get away from my current RAW workflow in Capture One/NIK Software/Affinity Photo. Just shoot and post.

Happy shooting with your XT-2. See you on Single In

I'll be posting here about the X-T2 experience... as soon as my adapters arrive....
10-04-2020, 07:25 AM - 3 Likes   #1528
Pentaxian

I have a similar small rig grip for my X-T30.

10-04-2020, 08:28 AM - 1 Like   #1529
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote

WOW! Your small grip looks a 1000X better than the one Pep posted.
10-04-2020, 08:56 AM   #1530
Veteran Member

very nice , LeRolls.. the 90 ?

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote