Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2020, 11:32 AM - 1 Like   #1666
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by philanker2012 Quote
Not sure if it is a feature on the XT2 but the XT3 has a setting in the bracket mode that allows you to shoot three different film simulations in one shot. Takes a bit longer while buffering but gives an instant option of for example colour or mono.
Yes,its in all x series cameras from the very first XPro1....a nice situation on the XT30 is on the mode dial there are 2 custom settings,so mine has one set for my favourite 3 colour sims and the second is set for Acros with the different colour tweaks.So,I can take a colour bracket then turn the dial and get the 3 B/W shots.Great street shooter aid.

---------- Post added 10-26-20 at 05:34 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by philanker2012 Quote
certainly is in my view a jpeg shooters camera.
Fuji surveys their users regularly,one such reported 50% only shot Jpeg,25% Raw/Jpeg and 25% Raw only.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added 10-26-20 at 06:23 AM ----------

Last edited by surfar; 10-25-2020 at 12:24 PM.
10-25-2020, 12:44 PM   #1667
Pentaxian

Sports with the X-T3

My main subject is surfing,stills and moving pictures.Also do some Soccer and flat track Motorbike racing.

Here is a link to a Pros methods of shooting sports.Shooting X-T3 for Sport | Fuji X Forum
10-25-2020, 12:52 PM   #1668
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
My main subject is surfing,stills and moving pictures.Also do some Soccer and flat track Motorbike racing.

Here is a link to a Pros methods of shooting sports.Shooting X-T3 for Sport | Fuji X Forum
An interesting link. A very versatile range of cameras and the more I look into it the more I find.
10-25-2020, 02:17 PM - 6 Likes   #1669
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A few recent efforts with the XF 16/2.8 on the X-T3 ... and I bought a XF 35/2 yesterday. Need to take it out for a good spin.

10-25-2020, 05:17 PM - 1 Like   #1670
Pentaxian

I found the recent discussions of shooting raw vs jpg to be interesting. Lately I have been saving both, and I'd guess that 90% of the jpgs have turned out just as good - if not better - than what I could process from raw. No doubt there are many photographers out there with the skill and knowledge to get superior results from raws, but I wouldn't disagree with the premise that the camera-processed jpgs are more than adequate for the average photographer. This picture, taken with an X-T20 and the decent but not exceptional kit XC16-50, is one that I couldn't improve on in post-processing, so here is the SOOC jpg, just slightly cropped in GIMP.

10-25-2020, 05:51 PM - 1 Like   #1671
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Neuse River Sailor Quote
I found the recent discussions of shooting raw vs jpg to be interesting. Lately I have been saving both, and I'd guess that 90% of the jpgs have turned out just as good - if not better - than what I could process from raw. No doubt there are many photographers out there with the skill and knowledge to get superior results from raws, but I wouldn't disagree with the premise that the camera-processed jpgs are more than adequate for the average photographer. This picture, taken with an X-T20 and the decent but not exceptional kit XC16-50, is one that I couldn't improve on in post-processing, so here is the SOOC jpg, just slightly cropped in GIMP.

exactly this....

I found the jpg engine in the K-3 quite sufficient for my images; the jpg's from the X-T2 even more so.....
10-26-2020, 07:01 AM - 2 Likes   #1672
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Neuse River Sailor Quote
kids are so great , especially young ones.

---------- Post added 10-26-20 at 10:02 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
exactly this....

I found the jpg engine in the K-3 quite sufficient for my images; the jpg's from the X-T2 even more so.....
and what is luminar ? i will look it up ... must be for jpegs .
10-26-2020, 07:20 AM   #1673
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote

and what is luminar ? i will look it up ... must be for jpegs .
Luminar is an image processing app, just like Lightroom, etc....

10-26-2020, 02:27 PM - 3 Likes   #1674
Forum Member

The photos coming from the Fuji cameras really catches my eye. I was torn before I bought my Pentax between the KS 1 and a Fuji X100. Well, now I'm getting into photography more I've added a discreet little X10 to the mix as a carry all time option. First couple of attempts of a typical Covid day attached.

I'd welcome any comments or observations.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X10  Photo 
10-26-2020, 07:35 PM - 1 Like   #1675
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

persimmons

X-T2 with Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm f2.4
10-26-2020, 09:55 PM - 1 Like   #1676
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Luminar is an image processing app, just like Lightroom, etc....
if you use that , why do you not shoot raw ?

---------- Post added 10-27-20 at 12:56 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by CedrusMacro Quote
The photos coming from the Fuji cameras really catches my eye. I was torn before I bought my Pentax between the KS 1 and a Fuji X100. Well, now I'm getting into photography more I've added a discreet little X10 to the mix as a carry all time option. First couple of attempts of a typical Covid day attached.

I'd welcome any comments or observations.
pretty nice black and white .
10-26-2020, 11:55 PM   #1677
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

because even jpg's require some adjustments - crop, light, clarity.....
10-27-2020, 03:17 AM   #1678
Forum Member

---------- Post added 10-27-20 at 12:56 AM ----------

pretty nice black and white .
Thanks Glinda, I'm thinking that with the right zone focus and getting used to the position of the camera at my side will enable me to get confident street snapping.
10-27-2020, 04:38 AM   #1679
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

because even jpg's require some adjustments - crop, light, clarity.....
i guess...
its what we need in the rest of this world ... there are so many programs for photography... yours , lots of others , all trying ...and so many brands of cameras... lenses. all trying...

not just one, or a few... googles or amazons or apples or microsofts.....
open things up ....

---------- Post added 10-27-20 at 07:40 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by CedrusMacro Quote
Thanks Glinda, I'm thinking that with the right zone focus and getting used to the position of the camera at my side will enable me to get confident street snapping.
that seems like a good little camera , some of the older cameras , they did them right . trying to get them into our hands ...
10-27-2020, 06:20 AM   #1680
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

somehow i have to make the focus assist button on the x-t1 more prominent ... i hate how they changed it to this button from the x-pro 1 , i am always fumbling around to find it , the position is awful ...
why they did that i can't fathom .
is there another way to zoom for focusing when its critical ? other than this button i wonder ?
don't use it often , but when i want to , i want to .... !

you listening , Fuji ?