Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2020, 06:21 AM - 1 Like   #1681
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
i guess...
its what we need in the rest of this world ... there are so many programs for photography... yours , lots of others , all trying ...and so many brands of cameras... lenses. all trying...

not just one, or a few... googles or amazons or apples or microsofts.....
open things up ....

---------- Post added 10-27-20 at 07:40 AM ----------

that seems like a good little camera , some of the older cameras , they did them right . trying to get them into our hands ...
Agree, I certainly 'nerded out' on checking into some of these older cameras to see what offered unique images and quality- also why I've got a Sigma DP1s, there is something unique- same with those who love CCD sensors. The newest cameras are stunning, albeit very expensive and of less interest to myself, video being a key aspect. Great to include, but why pay for the extra if you don't use it.

Interesting reply about the programme choices available, there really is so many, and choice is certainly a nice problem to have. However, it's because of how overwhelming the range is that I'm trying to actively avoid getting into the obsessive editing and corrections...it's time consuming beyond a hobby to my taste.

I've an urge to sample film again, simply to see if people have a greater acceptance for imperfection, but digital is the economical option.

10-27-2020, 11:57 AM - 2 Likes   #1682
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by CedrusMacro Quote
I've an urge to sample film again, simply to see if people have a greater acceptance for imperfection, but digital is the economical option.
The latest Fujis offer 18 film simulations,the first gen offered about 10.There are plenty who still use the early models because they produce more"filmic" images.Something interesting is that some of the original people who worked on the film development are using that experience for the film simulations.
10-27-2020, 01:51 PM - 8 Likes   #1683
Pentaxian

early morning

10-27-2020, 05:23 PM - 2 Likes   #1684
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CedrusMacro Quote
Agree, I certainly 'nerded out' on checking into some of these older cameras to see what offered unique images and quality- also why I've got a Sigma DP1s, there is something unique- same with those who love CCD sensors. The newest cameras are stunning, albeit very expensive and of less interest to myself, video being a key aspect. Great to include, but why pay for the extra if you don't use it.

Interesting reply about the programme choices available, there really is so many, and choice is certainly a nice problem to have. However, it's because of how overwhelming the range is that I'm trying to actively avoid getting into the obsessive editing and corrections...it's time consuming beyond a hobby to my taste.

there is nothing quite like film ...
i usually can see its a photograph right away , when viewing pictures...
you too i bet .. and nothing like the feel to use an older film camera.

but ......

oh well .
these fujis remind me most of any of a film camera... sorta..

and i'm with you , the less post processing the better. ....

: )

---------- Post added 10-27-20 at 08:24 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by sundown Quote
early morning

very nice, sundown

10-29-2020, 04:23 AM - 3 Likes   #1685
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
X-T2 with Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 24mm f3.5

10-29-2020, 02:24 PM - 2 Likes   #1686
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
The latest Fujis offer 18 film simulations,the first gen offered about 10.There are plenty who still use the early models because they produce more"filmic" images.Something interesting is that some of the original people who worked on the film development are using that experience for the film simulations.
My X100s is the only Camera i use where I just shoot it in Jpeg and I'm just happy with what comes out. It's also a pure joy to use with the manual dials and feel. If you like 35mm FOV (I personally love it) then get one. It's kind of a stand alone camera that I think anyone who likes that focal length should probably own one. I'm not a "street" photographer either. It reminds me more of the super basic camera's I used as a kid or even the disposable film cameras in that it's sorta a travel slideshow type focal length for me, if that makes sense. 35 isn't too wide but not claustrophobic feeling like a 50 or more to me.

It doesn't need to be the latest one either, probably anything X100s onward to get those initial speed improvements. I have the s.

I don't know if the Xpro3 works with Pentax limited lenses but that would be a pretty nice combo too.
10-29-2020, 05:31 PM   #1687
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LeeRunge Quote
I have the s.
Me too,but only have Pro1.

Also have OMD10 but mk3...and K3.

We have similar stuff but i use plenty of others too.

The 100s is nice,only thing wrong is it uses a different battery to the ILC Fujis.
10-30-2020, 05:27 AM - 2 Likes   #1688
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

X-T2 with Vivitar 75-205mm f3.8 Close Focusing Auto Zoom (M42)

working outside the box with possibly the worst lens I own.... the X-T2 makes up for it:

10-30-2020, 06:06 AM - 1 Like   #1689
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

x-pro1, nikkor 50/1.8 ais

snow.

---------- Post added 10-30-20 at 09:07 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
is that natural ? how could it be ...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-Pro1  Photo 
10-30-2020, 06:56 AM   #1690
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote

is that natural ? how could it be ...

quite natural - that's a deer skull picked up on the north side of the farm; that's how the skull's plates form together.....
10-30-2020, 07:06 AM   #1691
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
quite natural - that's a deer skull picked up on the north side of the farm; that's how the skull's plates form together.....
looks like runes, from Scandinavia ....
10-30-2020, 07:10 PM - 3 Likes   #1692
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

X-T2 with Carl Zeiss Jena Macro-Prakticar MC 55mm f2.8

10-30-2020, 07:42 PM - 3 Likes   #1693
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

X-T2 with Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 24mm f3.5

10-31-2020, 05:29 PM - 4 Likes   #1694