Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2020, 06:49 AM - 1 Like   #1936
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,076
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
I'd be more than happy with 32mp. As long as it's a new sensor with improved IQ. My dream would be to have one body to handle both pictures and usable handheld video for BTS clips to be used as promo material for use on IG and possibly YouTube. I currently use the X-T3 for my pics and the X-T30 on a Weebil Lab stabilizer for video. Not a bad combination for sure but would love to streamline the kit a bit more and being able to switch from pics to video without skipping a beat and with minimal compromise would be quite nice. Plus as much as I like the X-T3 I'm pretty sure I would prefer the ergonomics of the X-H2. I still plan to keep the X-T3 and X-T30 as backups.
You just do hand held on your t3, for pics , or a tripod , ever ? you have any issues with blurr , i know you use the 90 , that's fairly long , its not ois is it ?
What iso will you go up to on that camera ?
Just curious, LeRolls...

12-05-2020, 07:30 AM - 1 Like   #1937
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: mid nth coast,nsw
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,608
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
I'm pretty sure I would prefer the ergonomics of the X-H2.
Its rumoured that it will be like the GFX100 and have an integrated battery grip.This sets it well apart from the T series.Anyway,we should have some info early in the new year I'd guess.
12-05-2020, 04:31 PM - 2 Likes   #1938
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,289
X-T2 with Nikkor SC 55mm f1.2

sunset at f1.2

12-05-2020, 05:06 PM - 1 Like   #1939
Pentaxian
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 4,343
QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
You just do hand held on your t3, for pics , or a tripod , ever ? you have any issues with blurr , i know you use the 90 , that's fairly long , its not ois is it ?
What iso will you go up to on that camera ?
Just curious, LeRolls...
Yes, just handheld. With the 90 I try to shoot at shutter speeds above 1/320. I try not to go above 800 ISO.

---------- Post added 12-05-20 at 07:07 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Its rumoured that it will be like the GFX100 and have an integrated battery grip.This sets it well apart from the T series.Anyway,we should have some info early in the new year I'd guess.
Better IBIS, better ergos, better sensor, better video and I'll be interested.

12-05-2020, 05:58 PM - 3 Likes   #1940
Pentaxian




Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 384
In happier days for the cruise lines, Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas on the dock at Port of Tampa in April 2018. Rumor has it that the ship is currently on the market, asking price $150 million, negotiable.

12-06-2020, 05:15 PM - 1 Like   #1941
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,076
QuoteOriginally posted by Neuse River Sailor Quote
In happier days for the cruise lines, Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas on the dock at Port of Tampa in April 2018. Rumor has it that the ship is currently on the market, asking price $150 million, negotiable.
I like this one. The colors and composition, a happy picture somehow.
12-06-2020, 08:33 PM - 2 Likes   #1942
Pentaxian




Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 384
QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
I like this one. The colors and composition, a happy picture somehow.
Thanks, Glinda - I'm satisfied with the picture even though I find a lot to fault - it's oversaturated, the structures on top of the upper works disappear into the sky, there is too much empty parking lot in the foreground - but what I see in it, and maybe you too, is the clear, warm, bright, almost glaring sun that says "Florida" to all of us stuck in the gray rain or snow of winter.

So what's up with this - North State Aviation staff working on a United 757 late on a Sunday afternoon - North State almost never works Sundays. Several planes have been in long-term storage here due to the downturn in airline traffic. Is this one getting prepped to go back to work? Maybe. The Wall Street Journal reports that United is gearing up for Covid vaccine shipments

.

12-07-2020, 04:48 AM - 5 Likes   #1943
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,289
X-T2 with Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm f1.7 T*

12-07-2020, 04:49 AM - 1 Like   #1944
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,289
X-T2 with Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm f1.7 T*




M10 fil simulation
12-07-2020, 05:43 AM - 1 Like   #1945
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,076
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote



M10 fil simulation
Were you not afraid ( obviously not ) to download those monochrome simulations ? Was it as doing a firmware upgrade ?
And what do you build with the yarns ?
12-07-2020, 06:23 AM   #1946
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,289
QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
Were you not afraid ( obviously not ) to download those monochrome simulations ? Was it as doing a firmware upgrade ?
And what do you build with the yarns ?
the film sims are not a download, you build them in your camera and save them, if you like them...

the missus knits and crochets....
12-07-2020, 06:42 AM - 1 Like   #1947
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,076
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
the film sims are not a download, you build them in your camera and save them, if you like them...

the missus knits and crochets....
I see.
You use the saturation , tone , color whatever they are called settings already there then ? Not sure but seems to me some lenses seem to give me better blacks , deeper , than others using exact same settings . Do you find that true as well ?
12-07-2020, 07:11 AM   #1948
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,289
QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
I see.
You use the saturation , tone , color whatever they are called settings already there then ? Not sure but seems to me some lenses seem to give me better blacks , deeper , than others using exact same settings . Do you find that true as well ?
exactly - the film sims build upon one of the existing sims and tweak the settings...
12-07-2020, 04:26 PM - 2 Likes   #1949
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,076
X-pro1, helios 44, 58/ 2

All these paper bags now. .
Is it really better ?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-Pro1  Photo 
12-07-2020, 08:08 PM - 3 Likes   #1950
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Scottie137's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Photos: Albums
Posts: 186
Fuji X series club

Nothing too exciting.
Trying to make myself shoot everyday though and people have encouraged me to try to use the Jpegs more so outside of a slight crop, this is straight out of the camera.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
14mm, aaron, adapter, bit, camera, christmas, daughter, emphasis, flickr, fog, fuji, jonathan, lens, lenses, love, macdonald, model, nex, outline, people, post, series, settings, shots, silkypix, smith, stephen, system, williams, yesterday
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FA 77mm mount on Fuji X-T1 Eagle_Friends Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 06-03-2014 08:14 PM
Fuji X-T1 announced twilight_samurai Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 16 01-31-2014 03:12 AM
For Sale - Sold: Fuji X-20 Black plus extra battery EricBrown Sold Items 2 01-01-2014 05:42 PM
Fuji X-Pro / X-E System Pictures Thread top-quark Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 16 04-23-2013 02:28 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:56 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top