Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2020, 05:24 AM - 2 Likes   #2056
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,151
I want to figure out a way to make this focus assist button more prominent/ easier to 'feel' when i have my eye to the x-t1, did they fix this on subsequent cameras ? Can i drill a little hole in the button and add a small screw to it ?
Something...
the x-pro1 , is better , with the click dial, not perfect either , but better.
Oh well .
I have yet to find a perfect camera ( aside from the k100d super, that is.. )

---------- Post added 12-20-20 at 07:48 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sam_I_am Quote
Snow?!?!

I REALLY miss snow. Not much if any where I am at.

---------- Post added 12-20-20 at 12:36 AM ----------



Sugar cookies?

What is your address, I will be there as soon as I can figure out how. 🤔
Pepperberry , likes to bake , knit, garden... he's a throwback .....

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-Pro1  Photo 
12-20-2020, 05:54 AM - 1 Like   #2057
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,583
QuoteOriginally posted by Sam_I_am Quote

Sugar cookies?

What is your address, I will be there as soon as I can figure out how. 🤔

fresh pot of coffee, too....


QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote

Pepperberry , likes to bake , knit, garden... he's a throwback .....

that is actually my wife that is the impetus behind all of those things - I'm just the hired hand when it comes down to it...

and the guy with the camera...

(:
12-20-2020, 06:07 AM - 4 Likes   #2058
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,542
A couple of recent posts on Flickr. This past week I finally broke down and bought zooms. ... 10-24, 15-55 and 50-140. After 6 year plus I had forgotten how nice it is to use a zoom for a change. Also broke down and updated my filters to NISI as I want to shoot more landscapes
These are more tried and true spots getting a feel for the new gear

This bridge is a regular walk subject



A couple of skylines from regular walk areas... the night shot hit explore the other is trying



12-20-2020, 06:14 AM - 6 Likes   #2059
Pentaxian
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 4,350


12-20-2020, 06:18 AM - 1 Like   #2060
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,542
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
The other reason I had to drop by Le Rolls posts. Nice shot
12-20-2020, 06:20 AM   #2061
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 643
QuoteOriginally posted by tomek_j Quote
just before sunrise

great shot
12-20-2020, 07:18 AM - 1 Like   #2062
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 37,861
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
The 18 on the xpro 1 is a great match Jean
Hi everyone popped in to see what’s been happening here and see many familiar faces shooting fuji now
Some great shots here as usual. I came over looking to see if there was any 645z for sale since I have some serious medium format gas lately —- though there is a gfx 50 r with the 50 3.5 locally calling to me. Way back when I switched the xe2 was along with the xt1 what drew me in. (And I still have both along with too many others now)

I think I need to come post here more often I miss the camaraderie of this forum.
OK, I'll never mention the image of the Quad again, hopefully that makes it easier for you to come by.

12-20-2020, 07:29 AM   #2063
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,542
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
OK, I'll never mention the image of the Quad again, hopefully that makes it easier for you to come by.
Ha haven’t walked by Ryerson in some time . I haven’t been in the core walking since pre covid
I will try and get it before winter ends the car needs to go in for a new clutch so I will transit a day in January
12-20-2020, 07:40 AM - 2 Likes   #2064
Pentaxian




Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 402
This hiking will wear you out. Sometimes you have to stop and take a rest. X-T20, XC16-50.

12-20-2020, 07:54 AM - 2 Likes   #2065
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,583
to go with the X-H1, I also bought a new TTArtisans 50mm f1.2....
12-20-2020, 08:18 AM - 1 Like   #2066
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,542
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
to go with the X-H1, I also bought a new TTArtisans 50mm f1.2....
Love my xh1 he deal with the grip when they dropped the price after xt3 release was to good to pass up. . Bulky but I have he ex and xpro for smaller
12-20-2020, 08:25 AM - 4 Likes   #2067
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 8,116
Original Poster
X-T20 and 35/1.4


Mara
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
12-20-2020, 08:38 AM - 5 Likes   #2068
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,542
Xh1 and xf10-24 WR

12-20-2020, 09:06 AM - 1 Like   #2069
Pentaxian
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,029
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
The 18 on the xpro 1 is a great match Jean
Hi everyone popped in to see what’s been happening here and see many familiar faces shooting fuji now
Some great shots here as usual. I came over looking to see if there was any 645z for sale since I have some serious medium format gas lately —- though there is a gfx 50 r with the 50 3.5 locally calling to me. Way back when I switched the xe2 was along with the xt1 what drew me in. (And I still have both along with too many others now)

I think I need to come post here more often I miss the camaraderie of this forum.
Bonjour Eddie,

Good to see you and thanks for the 18mm advice ... but I have a new-to-me toy to play with.

I have just traded for an X-100f ... I have a friend that was not using his X-100f enough and was looking for MF film gear. So, we traded. He got my Pentax 645 with an A 55/2.8 and an A 150/3.5 plus some small extra cash to be paid later, and I got his silver X-100f with few extra goodies and 16K shutter count. Both of us happy as clams. I was not using the Pentax 645 due to weight and loud winder and preferring much more my Mamiya 645 ... much more adapted to the street shooting that I like to do more now.

I have the X-100s which I will now loan to my daughter(s) from time to time ... the XF 18/2 will have to wait a bit.
12-20-2020, 09:35 AM - 2 Likes   #2070
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,542
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Bonjour Eddie,

Good to see you and thanks for the 18mm advice ... but I have a new-to-me toy to play with.

I have just traded for an X-100f ... I have a friend that was not using his X-100f enough and was looking for MF film gear. So, we traded. He got my Pentax 645 with an A 55/2.8 and an A 150/3.5 plus some small extra cash to be paid later, and I got his silver X-100f with few extra goodies and 16K shutter count. Both of us happy as clams. I was not using the Pentax 645 due to weight and loud winder and preferring much more my Mamiya 645 ... much more adapted to the street shooting that I like to do more now.

I have the X-100s which I will now loan to my daughter(s) from time to time ... the XF 18/2 will have to wait a bit.
I have the x100t for last three years and love it, craving the x100v for the wr and newer lens but it can wait now I have all the above weight to get used to. If travel looks good you may see me next fall we are talking about a trip that would bring me through Poitier for a few days on way to bordeaux—-edit from experience I would rather the x100 than the xpro with the 18 .... there is an updated 18 coming though...
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
14mm, aaron, adapter, bit, camera, christmas, daughter, emphasis, flickr, fog, fuji, jonathan, lens, lenses, love, macdonald, model, nex, outline, people, post, series, settings, shots, silkypix, smith, stephen, system, williams, yesterday
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FA 77mm mount on Fuji X-T1 Eagle_Friends Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 06-03-2014 08:14 PM
Fuji X-T1 announced twilight_samurai Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 16 01-31-2014 03:12 AM
For Sale - Sold: Fuji X-20 Black plus extra battery EricBrown Sold Items 2 01-01-2014 05:42 PM
Fuji X-Pro / X-E System Pictures Thread top-quark Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 16 04-23-2013 02:28 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:16 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top