Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2017, 11:41 AM   #196
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2015
Photos: Albums
Posts: 265
Yeah, people are different I do like the way portraits are rendered by Fuji. This oily pattern and negative clarity is very appealing for candid shots for my taste, but for reportage...All those Nx1 and Xt2 images are not edited eg straight up so to speak...Claibrated monitor?
Mine has been calibrated recently also usually use 3 sources eg PC monitor, surface monitor and sRGB profiled phone screen. Anyway all match. I see high saturation on Nx1 jpg representation (vibrance is high as well ). Cause I use raw files for an actual processing it is no big deal really raw is pretty clean and easy to operate. Just attached jpg from Nx1 to show how microcontrast represented as well as color tinting eg green on faces (eg not on Nx1). K1 has even better jpg image btw (K3 II is a little cold but again no green cast). Most importantly there is no cast so to speak in raw file and not on the prints unlike Xt2 image. Green (chin area) is present in raw as well (jpg I could care less honestly) and have to be dealt with. Again maybe im way to harsh on it, but neither Pentax nor Samsung does that. Or perhaps I'm more Bayer sensor kinda guy for reportage events ? DK. Just for me as is image from Fuji for those type events is not acceptable. Has to be corrected. (Using precious time)

---------- Post added 03-03-17 at 12:45 PM ----------

Ooh this green cast on Fuji Xt2 on every shot from the session (multiple ones) so it is not just one example. 18-55 is excellent lense I use it for travel pics.


Last edited by vladfrenkel; 03-03-2017 at 11:51 AM.
03-03-2017, 12:10 PM   #197
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: mid nth coast,nsw
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,608
QuoteOriginally posted by vladfrenkel Quote
18-55
Shame you are not selling this separately!
03-03-2017, 12:25 PM   #198
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2015
Photos: Albums
Posts: 265
Nope. All or nothing for the set unfortunately.

Last edited by vladfrenkel; 03-03-2017 at 12:44 PM.
03-03-2017, 02:53 PM   #199
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2015
Photos: Albums
Posts: 265
Lol coincidental Petapixel post comparing sensors today...Just wanted to confirm I'm not the person posted it...

03-03-2017, 08:53 PM   #200
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Clarkey's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brampton, ON, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,151
QuoteOriginally posted by vladfrenkel Quote
Yeah, people are different I do like the way portraits are rendered by Fuji. This oily pattern and negative clarity is very appealing for candid shots for my taste, but for reportage...All those Nx1 and Xt2 images are not edited eg straight up so to speak...Claibrated monitor?
Mine has been calibrated recently also usually use 3 sources eg PC monitor, surface monitor and sRGB profiled phone screen. Anyway all match. I see high saturation on Nx1 jpg representation (vibrance is high as well ). Cause I use raw files for an actual processing it is no big deal really raw is pretty clean and easy to operate. Just attached jpg from Nx1 to show how microcontrast represented as well as color tinting eg green on faces (eg not on Nx1). K1 has even better jpg image btw (K3 II is a little cold but again no green cast). Most importantly there is no cast so to speak in raw file and not on the prints unlike Xt2 image. Green (chin area) is present in raw as well (jpg I could care less honestly) and have to be dealt with. Again maybe im way to harsh on it, but neither Pentax nor Samsung does that. Or perhaps I'm more Bayer sensor kinda guy for reportage events ? DK. Just for me as is image from Fuji for those type events is not acceptable. Has to be corrected. (Using precious time)

---------- Post added 03-03-17 at 12:45 PM ----------

Ooh this green cast on Fuji Xt2 on every shot from the session (multiple ones) so it is not just one example. 18-55 is excellent lense I use it for travel pics.
Well, fair enough, just checking. Like I said, the screen I was viewing on previously showed little green cast, and the NX1 image was pink, but now that I look through my calibrated screen, I don't see the same (like John Mac said, I do also see much more contrast, presumably from the sunlight). That green grass is pretty intense though, on either image.
For the AWB, I'd be curious to see what the Kelvin values are for either shot. I do see that the exposure on the Fuji shot is about 0.3 EV lower than the NX1 (F3.2 vs F4), so shadow noise is more likely.

Hey, if it doesn't work for you, then no problem. I can't comment on the 24mp sensor, but the 16mp has been pretty good - I haven't seen a cast, apart from the orangey reds (and those go away in RAW).

---------- Post added 03-03-2017 at 10:54 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
IBIS is the thing I miss the most, particularly since i shoot primes almost exclusively and none except the 90 have IS . they are super fast so i get away with a lot i may not on a slower pentax but it would still be nice. All the zooms have it i believe (the 2 XC lenses do even., the only one i'm not sure of is the UWA)

---------- Post added 2nd Mar 2017 at 11:45 ----------

Aside from the great colours of Fuji, Mirrorless IR conversions work very well focus issues of DSLR conversions are non existent. Hot Spots still exist mind you so it limits lens use

A selfie from fiddling about in my office this AM on my XE1 ir conversion with XF35 @ 1.4 and off camera TTL meike flash (via cable)

Dude, is that pre- or post-coffee? Thinking about IR conversion of my X-E1.
03-03-2017, 10:33 PM   #201
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,529
QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
Well, fair enough, just checking. Like I said, the screen I was viewing on previously showed little green cast, and the NX1 image was pink, but now that I look through my calibrated screen, I don't see the same (like John Mac said, I do also see much more contrast, presumably from the sunlight). That green grass is pretty intense though, on either image.

For the AWB, I'd be curious to see what the Kelvin values are for either shot. I do see that the exposure on the Fuji shot is about 0.3 EV lower than the NX1 (F3.2 vs F4), so shadow noise is more likely.



Hey, if it doesn't work for you, then no problem. I can't comment on the 24mp sensor, but the 16mp has been pretty good - I haven't seen a cast, apart from the orangey reds (and those go away in RAW).

---------- Post added 03-03-2017 at 10:54 PM ----------





Dude, is that pre- or post-coffee? Thinking about IR conversion of my X-E1.


Two espressos in
03-04-2017, 03:51 PM   #202
Veteran Member
GateCityRadio's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Greensboro,NC
Posts: 503
Will be joining you guys soon. Bought a X-E1 from the for sale section here and a XF 35/2 (both in silver)....just to get started. If I like Fuji I hope to get the 23/2 and either the 56/1.2 or 90/2 and upgrade the body to a XT10.

Anybody have any experience with the EOS to FX lens turbo with a PK to EOS adapter? I want to try it out with my pentax M glass....Its too bad they don't make a native PK to FX lens turbo, they make a MD to FX one...

03-04-2017, 04:37 PM   #203
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,529
QuoteOriginally posted by GateCityRadio Quote
Will be joining you guys soon. Bought a X-E1 from the for sale section here and a XF 35/2 (both in silver)....just to get started. If I like Fuji I hope to get the 23/2 and either the 56/1.2 or 90/2 and upgrade the body to a XT10.

Anybody have any experience with the EOS to FX lens turbo with a PK to EOS adapter? I want to try it out with my pentax M glass....Its too bad they don't make a native PK to FX lens turbo, they make a MD to FX one...


I don't like stacking adaptors it doesn't work well in my experience (wobbly factor ) I saw a lens turbo for m42 I may grab for my taks I have no k left except an m50 1.7 on my sf10.
Welcome to the club
03-17-2017, 08:53 AM - 1 Like   #204
Veteran Member
Blacknight659's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 731
A few from the other day while I was playing with my X100 (original version)







03-18-2017, 09:19 PM - 5 Likes   #205
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,558
Here's some I shot with the Fuji 55-200mm (When I was in Highshool My teacher told us there are 3 Subjects he didn't want to see in his class Squirrels, Bark and Railroad tracks.. I drove by the tracks today and the fog made them look so dramatic to me,,,sorry Mr. Cheshire I promise you won't see squirrels) *Warning..If you want to take pictures of train tracks..always do it at a crossing that has Audible Train Crossing Markers











Last edited by Sliver-Surfer; 04-05-2017 at 01:54 PM.
03-20-2017, 05:22 PM   #206
Pentaxian




Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 1,398
I just want to ask if there are any FX100F/ X-T20/X-T2/X-Pro2 owners here who happens to own Pentax K-3 or newer camera out there? I would like to know which has better and faster AF between? What lenses do you use for those two system. I have this some extra that I could buy either a KP or any of those Fujifilm cameras identified above. I am really looking for a smaller/faster/better camera than my K-30 specially when paired with my limited lenses.

Thank you.
03-21-2017, 03:23 AM - 1 Like   #207
Veteran Member
Blacknight659's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 731
QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
I just want to ask if there are any FX100F/ X-T20/X-T2/X-Pro2 owners here who happens to own Pentax K-3 or newer camera out there? I would like to know which has better and faster AF between? What lenses do you use for those two system. I have this some extra that I could buy either a KP or any of those Fujifilm cameras identified above. I am really looking for a smaller/faster/better camera than my K-30 specially when paired with my limited lenses.

Thank you.
Apples and Oranges my friend.

Lens selection is very different and almost cannot be compared. Images out of the systems are slightly different too, they take on a different characteristic when compared side by side. In my opinion, you will benefit from having both systems since they each have significant strengths and weaknesses.

I wouldn't ask you to compare features to make this decision. Both systems are entirely capable and will perform very well. You need to look at the camera that fills your immediate need and will let you grow. IF you are considering Fuji for your primary system in the future, go with the interchangeable lens camera. Otherwise, get the x100s,t,f and call it a day.

Caution: X100 line is a gateway drug to Fuji.
03-21-2017, 05:01 PM   #208
Pentaxian




Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 1,398
QuoteOriginally posted by Blacknight659 Quote
Apples and Oranges my friend.

Lens selection is very different and almost cannot be compared. Images out of the systems are slightly different too, they take on a different characteristic when compared side by side. In my opinion, you will benefit from having both systems since they each have significant strengths and weaknesses.

I wouldn't ask you to compare features to make this decision. Both systems are entirely capable and will perform very well. You need to look at the camera that fills your immediate need and will let you grow. IF you are considering Fuji for your primary system in the future, go with the interchangeable lens camera. Otherwise, get the x100s,t,f and call it a day.

Caution: X100 line is a gateway drug to Fuji.
Since Pentax system is very difficult to dispose here (if so, with dirt cheap prices) I might try the gateway route. Thanks

Last edited by wed7; 03-21-2017 at 11:14 PM.
03-21-2017, 07:10 PM   #209
Veteran Member
Blacknight659's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 731
QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
Since Pentax systemusuable very difficult to dispose here (if so, with dirt cheap prices) I might try the gateway route. Thanks
Mighty fine choice...

I love the original X100, but it has some minor focusing issues that may discourage you. Starting with the X100s, things got really good. I think you should consider picking up the X100s or newer unless you find a crazy deal on an original.
03-22-2017, 03:46 AM - 1 Like   #210
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 7,911
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blacknight659 Quote
A few from the other day while I was playing with my X100 (original version)







Very nice. I was reading the review of the latest X100 camera on DPR the other day and it seems very nice indeed. When I checked the price I saw that for that money someone could get a decent X-mount interchangeable lens camera and the 35/2 WR which, apart from size, seemed like a much better option.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
14mm, aaron, adapter, bit, camera, christmas, daughter, emphasis, flickr, fog, fuji, jonathan, lens, lenses, love, macdonald, model, nex, outline, people, post, series, settings, shots, silkypix, smith, stephen, system, williams, yesterday
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FA 77mm mount on Fuji X-T1 Eagle_Friends Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 06-03-2014 08:14 PM
Fuji X-T1 announced twilight_samurai Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 16 01-31-2014 03:12 AM
For Sale - Sold: Fuji X-20 Black plus extra battery EricBrown Sold Items 2 01-01-2014 05:42 PM
Fuji X-Pro / X-E System Pictures Thread top-quark Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 16 04-23-2013 02:28 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:28 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top