Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2021, 10:02 AM - 2 Likes   #2296
Veteran Member

I’ve been wanting color , in the drab winter.
X-e1 , auto yashinon 5cm/ 2

---------- Post added 01-17-21 at 12:04 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Martin Stu Quote
Thank you, I shot it yesterday...
Interesting how your street / city shot compares to the next one below it (or above it , whichever ) of pepperberry’s.
( 11,000 miles and night away, but either city could be in either country , almost . )

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-E1  Photo 
01-17-2021, 07:40 PM - 1 Like   #2297
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
finally getting to some post-processing, this was from today's dog walk along the river GFX50r with GF50 f3.5 (this lens is a perfect match to this body)

01-17-2021, 08:08 PM - 1 Like   #2298
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Out with the 14 for the first time in a while. DarkTable with canned Velvia style:

Lazy stream
by Aaron, on Flickr
01-18-2021, 01:30 AM   #2299
Pentaxian

January 27TH...a few more goodies get announced.

So an X mount camera,the X-E4 with the usual left side EVF but will be first XE with a movable screen.Most likely the last of the 26mp generation of cameras.The new sensor comes later this year.

Also a new lens 70-300mm f4-5.6 WR and a revamped 27mmf2.8(rumour is its WR and has an aperture ring(?).

The MFormat shooters dont miss out,with a 80mm and a new body to mount it on.GFX100S(S for small).

So it looks interesting,only price Ive seen is 6K for the new MF.

01-18-2021, 04:25 AM - 2 Likes   #2300
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
So an X mount camera,the X-E4 with the usual left side EVF but will be first XE with a movable screen.Most likely the last of the 26mp generation of cameras.The new sensor comes later this year.

Also a new lens 70-300mm f4-5.6 WR and a revamped 27mmf2.8(rumour is its WR and has an aperture ring(?).

The MFormat shooters dont miss out,with a 80mm and a new body to mount it on.GFX100S(S for small).

Where is this info coming from? Just last week I read that the X-E4 will not have a moving screen.

Here are a couple of night shots wide open with the Viltrox 56mm f/1.4, taken a week ago when it was still snowing. There's some camera shake evident in the second one but I still like the feel of it.

I have been frustrated until now by the auto-ISO on my X-T20. There are three customisable settings, so I set them up each with a limit of ISO 6400, default 200 and a minimum shutter speed of 1/40s, 1/60s and 1/80s to force minimum shutter speeds dependent on the focal length or conditions needed to get a sharp shot. However, I found that the custom settings would revert to other settings when the camera was switched off, so I would set up the camera for use with a specific focal length then turn it on, take a picture, and find it blurry because the camera had used a shutter speed that was too slow.

Despite appearing the same, the settings applied in the Q menu are temporary and permanent changes need to be made by digging through the normal menu and saving the setups there. So hopefully that will solve the problem.

Streetlights
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Bus shelter by night
01-18-2021, 06:13 AM   #2301
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Where is this info coming from? Just last week I read that the X-E4 will not have a moving screen.

Here are a couple of night shots wide open with the Viltrox 56mm f/1.4, taken a week ago when it was still snowing. There's some camera shake evident in the second one but I still like the feel of it.

I have been frustrated until now by the auto-ISO on my X-T20. There are three customisable settings, so I set them up each with a limit of ISO 6400, default 200 and a minimum shutter speed of 1/40s, 1/60s and 1/80s to force minimum shutter speeds dependent on the focal length or conditions needed to get a sharp shot. However, I found that the custom settings would revert to other settings when the camera was switched off, so I would set up the camera for use with a specific focal length then turn it on, take a picture, and find it blurry because the camera had used a shutter speed that was too slow.

Despite appearing the same, the settings applied in the Q menu are temporary and permanent changes need to be made by digging through the normal menu and saving the setups there. So hopefully that will solve the problem.

Streetlights

Bus shelter by night
That lens has re- invigorated you .

---------- Post added 01-18-21 at 08:15 AM ----------

Surfar , you mean there is not a better evf , in the e4 ? Who would buy it then ?
Who cares about a flippy screen .
01-18-2021, 09:52 AM - 1 Like   #2302
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
You might wish to ask that question on the various threads about the new Pentax K3

Seriously though, I use the tilt screen a lot on my XT3 for street photography when shooting from the hip for a different perspective.

01-18-2021, 10:04 AM   #2303
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by philanker2012 Quote
You might wish to ask that question on the various threads about the new Pentax K3

Seriously though, I use the tilt screen a lot on my XT3 for street photography when shooting from the hip for a different perspective.
I use the floppy screen to get low, or to set the camera at an odd angle, out of my hands....
01-18-2021, 12:10 PM   #2304
Veteran Member

That lens has re- invigorated you .

---------- Post added 01-18-21 at 08:15 AM ----------

Surfar , you mean there is not a better evf , in the e4 ? Who would buy it then ?
I use the Tilt screen on my X-H1 and GXR when shooting low awkward angles or when shooting on a tripod (and wish i had one on my x100T as well, the XE3 I am just not using enough and it is going to the sell pile the (with the XE1 IR and the Xt1 --the Xpro original will go for an IR conversion - the Xpro2 and X100t may go as well in favour of an X100V)
01-18-2021, 02:56 PM   #2305
Pentaxian

Surfar , you mean there is not a better evf
Wait till the 27th to find out, the XE series has the EVF on the left side ,as I stated,"the usual left sided EVF".

Who would buy it
plenty of people who like XE series and want/need the updated BSI 26mp sensor and quad core processor, that in combination offers a better performance than the previous..

The many people who, in the Fuji surveys, remarked they would use a movable screen.

For those that don't care about a movable screen, then they can just leave it in the fixed position!
01-18-2021, 03:18 PM - 1 Like   #2306
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

X-T2 with Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50mm f2.8

01-18-2021, 07:39 PM   #2307
Veteran Member

Wait till the 27th to find out, the XE series has the EVF on the left side ,as I stated,"the usual left sided EVF".

plenty of people who like XE series and want/need the updated BSI 26mp sensor and quad core processor, that in combination offers a better performance than the previous..

The many people who, in the Fuji surveys, remarked they would use a movable screen.

For those that don't care about a movable screen, then they can just leave it in the fixed position!
Well,
How about Pentax then ,
Did they ever get that new camera out with the supposed great new viewfinder , yet ?
Really , an x-e or x pro style with the best fuji finder ,to me , would be .. NIRVANA.
Flippy screens are sissy...
01-18-2021, 08:23 PM   #2308
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Flippy screens are sissy...
noted...
01-18-2021, 09:47 PM   #2309
Pentaxian

x pro style with the best fuji finder ,to me , would be .. NIRVANA.
Maybe have a look @ Xpro3,its got evf and ovf and a SISSY nervanic movable screen?

---------- Post added 01-19-21 at 03:52 PM ----------

Well,
How about Pentax then ,
They got a discount on the 26mp sensor, by the time their flagship comes out it could be superseded.

32mp is the next Fuji sensor, more than likely in either the XT5 or XH2.
01-19-2021, 03:49 AM   #2310
Veteran Member

Maybe have a look @ Xpro3,its got evf and ovf and a SISSY nervanic movable screen?

---------- Post added 01-19-21 at 03:52 PM ----------

They got a discount on the 26mp sensor, by the time their flagship comes out it could be superseded.

32mp is the next Fuji sensor, more than likely in either the XT5 or XH2.
Is the x-pro 3 EVF though as good as even the one in the x-t1, never mind the t3 or 4 ...
It is a cool concept with the lcd hidden as on film cameras .