Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2017, 07:45 PM - 1 Like   #226
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Walkies. First is 55mm F1.8 Takumar, second is Fuji 27mm.

Tesselate
by Aaron, on Flickr

Float Tower
by Aaron, on Flickr

04-10-2017, 01:09 AM - 1 Like   #227
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
Are you sure you're not shooting with a Leica?
In fact I have a rangefinder with a red dot:

IMGP8315a
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

The red dot is a sticker which stops the rewind lever from flopping about because the little metal spring which is supposed to hold it in place is broken
04-11-2017, 05:51 PM   #228
Pentaxian

Fuji X-T1 and 27mm taken atop our office rooftop. I find the Fuji 27mm an absolute sharp lens with excellent jpegs coming right off the X-T1 camera.

04-11-2017, 06:56 PM   #229
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
Fuji X-T1 and 27mm taken atop our office rooftop. I find the Fuji 27mm an absolute sharp lens with excellent jpegs coming right off the X-T1 camera.

@Driline, are you ready to go leave the Pentax? :P

04-11-2017, 08:13 PM - 1 Like   #230
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
@Driline, are you ready to go leave the Pentax? :P
Funny you should ask. Yep. Just sold the last of my gear this week. I would have done the same had I owned Canon or Nikon. I still think Pentax is better than those two however. So yea, now I'm all in with Fuji. I've got the X-T1 along with a 14mm, 27mm, and rounding off the last of my new gear will be the Fuji 90mm F2.0. Next year I hope to purchase the 200mm 2.0 when it comes out.
04-12-2017, 03:26 AM   #231
Pentaxian

Original Poster
A quick shot from the Cosina 19-35mm while I was out doing some quick test shots earlier today to see how this lens performs on digital. It won't mount on AF K-mount cameras, I need to identify why not and see if that can be rectified, so for the moment I can only use on digitial it on the X-M1.

DSCF2329a
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
04-18-2017, 10:33 AM - 1 Like   #232
Pentaxian

"I love my Kitty" Taken with Fuji X-T1 and my new 90mm F2 lens.

04-18-2017, 10:14 PM   #233
Veteran Member

First outting with my XE-1 and fujinon 35/2
I have to say I'm really impressed with this lens! The rendering reminds me of some qualities of the pentax limiteds mixed with zeiss sharpness.

I think I may be looking into the 50/2 in the future if the rendering characteristics are the same.
04-19-2017, 09:19 AM   #234
Pentaxian

How much weight or size savings would I get from a X Pro, adapter and DA Limited lenses over the same lenses and my K5iis? A friend had offered me his when he upgraded and having too many film systems I declined. My only experiences with Fuji digital is with borrowing his X100 a couple of times. My latest film camera system we got is also a Fuji, the GX680 which obviously is not any help in seeing a small system.
04-19-2017, 04:39 PM   #235
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
How much weight or size savings would I get from a X Pro, adapter and DA Limited lenses over the same lenses and my K5iis? A friend had offered me his when he upgraded and having too many film systems I declined. My only experiences with Fuji digital is with borrowing his X100 a couple of times. My latest film camera system we got is also a Fuji, the GX680 which obviously is not any help in seeing a small system.
Probably not much size wise with an adapter, unless you are using some of the smaller DA limiteds like the DA40...but then you lose autofocus and even with adapters that allow aperture control you don't know exactly what aperture you are on. You'd be better off using older film lenses with aperture rings.
04-19-2017, 07:17 PM   #236
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GateCityRadio Quote
Probably not much size wise with an adapter, unless you are using some of the smaller DA limiteds like the DA40...but then you lose autofocus and even with adapters that allow aperture control you don't know exactly what aperture you are on. You'd be better off using older film lenses with aperture rings.
Thanks. As I only have a few film era lenses nowadays I will just pass on his offer, if it was his X100S I would have jumped on a good deal.
04-20-2017, 12:41 AM   #237
Pentaxian

Original Poster
First outting with my XE-1 and fujinon 35/2
I have to say I'm really impressed with this lens! The rendering reminds me of some qualities of the pentax limiteds mixed with zeiss sharpness.

I think I may be looking into the 50/2 in the future if the rendering characteristics are the same.
Nice results! Before I bought the 35/1.4 I looked into a lot of comparisons between the two lenses and it was split about 50/50 between people who preferred each of them. What was clear is that neither was markedly better than the other in sharpness, contrast etc. The differences seem to be that extra stop, the weather resistance and focusing speed.

QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
I found this comparision image of an X-Pro with the K3 (which I understand is practically identical to the K5 II in size):

Google Image Result for http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w497/SATOR-Photography/X-Pro2vsK3_withLens_zpssd3kg1gm.jpg

That's quite a size difference. The link below shows the differences between an X-Pro 1 and K3. Obviously this doesn't take adapters into account but my X-M1 with adapter and lens is significantly smaller and lighter than my K3 with the same lens. The length may be the same but it's smaller in all other dimensions.

Fujifilm X-Pro1 vs Pentax K-3 - Our Analysis
04-20-2017, 03:59 PM   #238
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Nice results! Before I bought the 35/1.4 I looked into a lot of comparisons between the two lenses and it was split about 50/50 between people who preferred each of them. What was clear is that neither was markedly better than the other in sharpness, contrast etc. The differences seem to be that extra stop, the weather resistance and focusing speed.
The size difference is nice, the 35/2 isn't a pancake or anything like that but its smaller than the sig art 35 and gripped K3 I was carrying lol. I know the sig art 35 can be sharp, but unfortunately mine had AF calibration issues...so the 35/2 seems to look sharper to me even though that's probably just down to the fact I can get accurate focus with it. I really wanted the 35/1.4 but found the 35/2 for cheaper and decided that the size and AF speed advantage was more important to me than the extra stop of light. F2 can still get shallow DOF pretty easily if you plan your shot out right. I'm looking into the 50/2 next, followed by the 18/2 and 27/2.8 in the near future.
04-20-2017, 06:04 PM - 1 Like   #239
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Office/Lab shot with the X-M1 and 27mm

04-21-2017, 12:45 AM   #240
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The size difference is nice, the 35/2 isn't a pancake or anything like that but its smaller than the sig art 35 and gripped K3 I was carrying lol. I know the sig art 35 can be sharp, but unfortunately mine had AF calibration issues...so the 35/2 seems to look sharper to me even though that's probably just down to the fact I can get accurate focus with it. I really wanted the 35/1.4 but found the 35/2 for cheaper and decided that the size and AF speed advantage was more important to me than the extra stop of light. F2 can still get shallow DOF pretty easily if you plan your shot out right. I'm looking into the 50/2 next, followed by the 18/2 and 27/2.8 in the near future.
I looked at the 35/2 as well but it's much newer so there were no used copies around. I got a good deal on the 35/1.4 (€300) and have been extremely happy with it. Now that I've seen what can be done with a lens that's super sharp at f/1.4 I'm addicted to it, both the depth of field and low light possibilities.

I had the old version of the Sigma and AF was unpredictable and it wasn't sharp wide open, the Fuji is completely different.

I look forward to seeing more of your results.