Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2021, 03:16 PM - 2 Likes   #2596
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SF Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 735
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Yesterday on the Poitiers main plaza ... more work for my Fine Arts ("Les Beaux Arts") photo class. X-T3 & XF 35/2 with post in Darktable 3 ...












Great series, tack sharp. Thanks for posting them.

03-01-2021, 04:24 PM   #2597
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,972
QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
There are my grandmotherís chairs again , I donít know which shot I like better , ( this or previous chairs shot a bit ago ) ..you like that 28 ?
thank you...

it's my last 28mm lens, so I was trying to give it a decent run before deciding to sell it or not:

Pentacon Prakticar 28mm f2.8 MC - PentaxForums.com

Hatin' on the Twenty-Eight.... | Flickr



QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
That's a great shot with beautiful light.
thank you....
03-01-2021, 04:37 PM   #2598
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 895
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
thank you...

it's my last 28mm lens, so I was trying to give it a decent run before deciding to sell it or not:

Pentacon Prakticar 28mm f2.8 MC - PentaxForums.com

Hatin' on the Twenty-Eight.... | Flickr





thank you....
Have you used the 31 on a Fuji ? Is it gonna be good ? I like fifties as you know, but you got me using wider a lot now too.
03-01-2021, 04:51 PM   #2599
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,972
QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
Have you used the 31 on a Fuji ? Is it gonna be good ? I like fifties as you know, but you got me using wider a lot now too.
I have not used the FA 31 Limited on a Fuji body (yet) - it's on my K-3 right now, and probably will be there all month for the Single In Challenge in March...

03-02-2021, 12:47 AM   #2600
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Toledo, OR
Posts: 586
QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote


auto yashinon dx 50/ 2, x-t1

---------- Post added 03-01-21 at 01:36 PM ----------



thanks, if i remember , k-5 had pretty good dynamic range , even back then.

good book ?
Nice composition.
03-02-2021, 10:19 AM - 1 Like   #2601
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 895
QuoteOriginally posted by Sam_I_am Quote
Nice composition.
thank you thank you , Sam-I-Am ( what was that phrase Descartes said --" .... i think, therefor , I .... Sam_I_Am " )


--------

well, if you have ever had a range top surface element spark and explode while cooking, you will understand why i wouldn't recommend it ...



auto yashinon 1:2/ 5cm, xt1.

---------- Post added 03-02-21 at 12:21 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I have not used the FA 31 Limited on a Fuji body (yet) - it's on my K-3 right now, and probably will be there all month for the Single In Challenge in March...
not even for a few shots ? geesh...
03-02-2021, 11:42 AM - 1 Like   #2602
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,515
QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
thank you thank you , Sam-I-Am ( what was that phrase Descartes said --" .... i think, therefor , I .... Sam_I_Am " )


--------

well, if you have ever had a range top surface element spark and explode while cooking, you will understand why i wouldn't recommend it ...



auto yashinon 1:2/ 5cm, xt1.

---------- Post added 03-02-21 at 12:21 PM ----------



not even for a few shots ? geesh...

thankfully my rangetop burners haven't exploded we have a now 33 year old Garland 4 burner commercial gas stove in our kitchen if it exploded so would the house (it will be replaced this year though it is still working perfectly we are going to renovate and the lure of having a broiler and having self clean is winning out over 4 massively powerful cast iron burners
03-02-2021, 11:48 AM   #2603
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,972
QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote

not even for a few shots ? geesh...
no, that's why I held on to the K-3 and K-5, for AF lenses...

03-02-2021, 02:11 PM - 1 Like   #2604
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 895
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
thankfully my rangetop burners haven't exploded we have a now 33 year old Garland 4 burner commercial gas stove in our kitchen if it exploded so would the house (it will be replaced this year though it is still working perfectly we are going to renovate and the lure of having a broiler and having self clean is winning out over 4 massively powerful cast iron burners
A new oven is tempting . This one will have to do for a while , if a new element thing works...
What did they do before electricity ....

Yes , gas stoves are nice though for cooking on. Iíd need a propane set up . Boonies ..... you know ...
03-02-2021, 02:37 PM - 1 Like   #2605
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,972
QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
A new oven is tempting . This one will have to do for a while , if a new element thing works...
What did they do before electricity ....

Yes , gas stoves are nice though for cooking on. Iíd need a propane set up . Boonies ..... you know ...
we have propane here that we cook and heat with, plus a wood stove in the West Wing...

being out here in the boonies is nice...
03-02-2021, 06:29 PM   #2606
Pentaxian




Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 362
At the playground today. I always let him get a book out of the Little Free Library. Today he chose a Danielle Steele novel. X-T2, XC16-50.

03-02-2021, 09:11 PM - 1 Like   #2607
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 895
QuoteOriginally posted by Neuse River Sailor Quote
At the playground today. I always let him get a book out of the Little Free Library. Today he chose a Danielle Steele novel. X-T2, XC16-50.
Excellent.
03-03-2021, 05:01 AM - 1 Like   #2608
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,972
X-H1 with Fujinon 55mm f1.6 DM

Finnegan enjoying the pre-spring sunshine

03-03-2021, 07:08 AM   #2609
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 7,353
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
good book ?
I will need to get beyond the introduction before I comment, but it blows my mind that a foreigner could write a book on Japan, in Japanese, and it wins a Japanese-language-only literature prize. He felt unable to adequately translate it into English (for us gaijin) and someone else did it (with his blessing).
03-04-2021, 02:52 AM   #2610
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 895
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I will need to get beyond the introduction before I comment, but it blows my mind that a foreigner could write a book on Japan, in Japanese, and it wins a Japanese-language-only literature prize. He felt unable to adequately translate it into English (for us gaijin) and someone else did it (with his blessing).
I may have to read that one then .
Take note Martin Stu. I wonder if it will be translated in Russian
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
14mm, aaron, adapter, bit, camera, christmas, daughter, emphasis, flickr, fog, fuji, jonathan, lens, lenses, love, macdonald, model, nex, outline, people, post, series, settings, shots, silkypix, smith, stephen, system, williams, yesterday
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FA 77mm mount on Fuji X-T1 Eagle_Friends Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 06-03-2014 08:14 PM
Fuji X-T1 announced twilight_samurai Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 16 01-31-2014 03:12 AM
For Sale - Sold: Fuji X-20 Black plus extra battery EricBrown Sold Items 2 01-01-2014 05:42 PM
Fuji X-Pro / X-E System Pictures Thread top-quark Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 16 04-23-2013 02:28 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:46 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top