Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2021, 04:47 AM - 4 Likes   #2791
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Urban exploration with the X-T20 and newly arrived 7artisans 7.5/2.8 fisheye. This is the Cornish Works, former home of George Barnsley and Sons who used to make tools for shoe makers. The place has been unused since around 1984. The cheap little fisheye performs wonderfully.

03-28-2021, 07:00 AM - 2 Likes   #2792
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
Urban exploration with the X-T20 and newly arrived 7artisans 7.5/2.8 fisheye. This is the Cornish Works, former home of George Barnsley and Sons who used to make tools for shoe makers. The place has been unused since around 1984. The cheap little fisheye performs wonderfully.

i like the rooftop one best . cool.

---------- Post added 03-28-21 at 10:02 AM ----------

x-pro1, m 40/ 2.8 probably could use some sharpening, this pic
its neg s. whatever that means , i like that and S , best i think for color. but that's just me.

---------- Post added 03-28-21 at 10:06 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote

do you have the evf for that sigma fp , LeRolls ?

Hands-on with the Sigma fp L and its new viewfinder: Digital Photography Review
03-28-2021, 07:50 PM   #2793
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
i like the rooftop one best . cool.

---------- Post added 03-28-21 at 10:02 AM ----------

x-pro1, m 40/ 2.8 probably could use some sharpening, this pic
its neg s. whatever that means , i like that and S , best i think for color. but that's just me.

---------- Post added 03-28-21 at 10:06 AM ----------

do you have the evf for that sigma fp , LeRolls ?

Hands-on with the Sigma fp L and its new viewfinder: Digital Photography Review
I do not have the viewfinder and I doubt I will be getting it.
03-29-2021, 03:18 AM - 5 Likes   #2794
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First results of the first outing with the Viltrox 56/1.4 on the X-T3 ... all at wide open

03-29-2021, 03:49 AM - 3 Likes   #2795
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

X-T2 with Super Takumar 55mm f1.8

03-29-2021, 04:51 AM - 1 Like   #2796
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
First results of the first outing with the Viltrox 56/1.4 on the X-T3 ... all at wide open

nice.

---------- Post added 03-29-21 at 07:52 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
yeah, ok, and you need all those other lenses why ?

---------- Post added 03-29-21 at 07:54 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote

oh, and it is not lost, your -- young girl and ... old girl ... juxtapose ....
03-29-2021, 05:08 AM   #2797
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

yeah, ok, and you need all those other lenses why ?
ouch... mainly because I can...

03-29-2021, 04:23 PM   #2798
Veteran Member

ouch... mainly because I can...
It was not meant as an ‘ouch ‘
03-29-2021, 05:13 PM   #2799
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

It was not meant as an ‘ouch ‘
understood....

I have a difficult time with certain reactions to my photography, be it the images themselves or the array of equipment I use to capture them....

I never want to invoke envy or jealousy, so I try to be humble with my work....
03-29-2021, 09:20 PM - 1 Like   #2800
Veteran Member

understood....

I have a difficult time with certain reactions to my photography, be it the images themselves or the array of equipment I use to capture them....

I never want to invoke envy or jealousy, so I try to be humble with my work....
This photography basically is all some desire we all have to produce art , and , also if we admit , have it recognized .
( Otherwise why bother posting images at all .)
Especially by ones ‘peers’ ( and there are levels of peers , with experience , knowledge , an eye , etc. )
It’s complicated and simple at the same time . Because then enters the equipment.
Enters human nature ...

I try to find the equipment that gives me the look I like . And is fun to use as well .

I would try every single camera and lens ever made if money were no object, I know I would ...

I wonder if in drawing those ancient cave paintings , did the wielder of that stick , want to make the drawing for himself , or to have others see it ,

Did one guy try a different stick , and try new mixes of charcoal ,
With a secret desire to say : ‘ see what I did , look at this new stick I have now .

Good isn’t it ... ‘
03-29-2021, 10:18 PM   #2801
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I kind of fall at the lower end of the spectrum. My wife is the photographer, I take pictures. I love cameras, old...er cameras. It's all about the feel of it in my hands and knowing how intricate it's construction is. When I look at the pictures you post, I comment on the ones that move me emotionally in some way. Sometimes I can actually put into words why I like it, sometimes it's an intangible.

The one thing I do know, is that I am not wondering what camera was used, or what lens, or what film speed and if it was over or underexposed, what the aperture setting was, or if it was post edited.

I probably shouldn't mention that I like my zoom lenses and I don't even own a Fuji. 😅

I really enjoy looking at your pictures and follow half a dozen different threads. When the personality of the photographer comes across in their pictures or comments, that makes it more interesting. Like getting to interact with the good glinda.

To sum it all up, last month I was working on a friend's car. His family and ours grew up together. He is 12 years older than me and has always been like an older brother. He has been a photographer for decades, semi pro, appreciates and uses very good equipment. On that day I showed him a photograph that I took, he was amazed by it, and told me in detail why. Then he asked which one of my cameras I used and what lens. I simply said Galaxy S20. He shook his head with a disgusted look.

😀
03-30-2021, 03:46 AM   #2802
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sam_I_am Quote
I kind of fall at the lower end of the spectrum. My wife is the photographer, I take pictures. I love cameras, old...er cameras. It's all about the feel of it in my hands and knowing how intricate it's construction is. When I look at the pictures you post, I comment on the ones that move me emotionally in some way. Sometimes I can actually put into words why I like it, sometimes it's an intangible.

The one thing I do know, is that I am not wondering what camera was used, or what lens, or what film speed and if it was over or underexposed, what the aperture setting was, or if it was post edited.

I probably shouldn't mention that I like my zoom lenses and I don't even own a Fuji. 😅

I really enjoy looking at your pictures and follow half a dozen different threads. When the personality of the photographer comes across in their pictures or comments, that makes it more interesting. Like getting to interact with the good glinda.

To sum it all up, last month I was working on a friend's car. His family and ours grew up together. He is 12 years older than me and has always been like an older brother. He has been a photographer for decades, semi pro, appreciates and uses very good equipment. On that day I showed him a photograph that I took, he was amazed by it, and told me in detail why. Then he asked which one of my cameras I used and what lens. I simply said Galaxy S20. He shook his head with a disgusted look.

😀
The only two zoom lenses that I have liked , three actually ... ( this is just an aside ,as you say you like zooms ) :
55-300 at about 200-225 mm ,, 60-250 * - so good , so expensive, so heavy ... scared me to use it ,, mainly cause it cost so much back then ... and the bag of primes , but too heavy .. oh and the xx-135 only around 135 ...ok... four...

But I digress...
Sam-I-Am ... I would like to see that picture... you have a link to it ?

Jackson Pollock ... he didn’t even use brushes , to my knowledge ....
sacrilege...
And his art is not for everyone ....

But get to really look at it , and you see , and know ....
( that he would have had no problem with your Galaxy S20... or that cave painters’ stick ... )

---------- Post added 03-30-21 at 06:55 AM ----------

America's Artists: The Abstract Expressionists ROBIN RILE

In case you have not seen ....
03-31-2021, 03:46 AM - 3 Likes   #2803
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

X-T2 with TT Artisans 50mm f1.2

03-31-2021, 05:52 AM - 1 Like   #2804
Veteran Member

the SMC 55 1.8 is pretty much my favourite Takumar lens
03-31-2021, 05:58 AM   #2805
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
the SMC 55 1.8 is pretty much my favourite Takumar lens
it is my first M42 and my first Takumar lens...